Regular Show Series Talkback!

robodog

Reaction score
He wouldn't have said anything. It was a background shot near the end. I swear I could have seen him for a split second, but it could also have been Rigby's father at an angle where you don't see his Ned Flanders mustache and hair.

Actually... anyone else think it was weird that Rigby's father looked like Ned Flanders?
I'm glad someone else noticed the resemblance. I thought it was just me.

charlietheowl

Reaction score
Dusting off this thread to see if anyone had any thoughts on last night's episode, which revealed how Skips got his immortality. It shows that the staff can really stretch out and come up with smart, emotional stories when given the chance. Plus it was fun to see Skips dressed up in 1800s school-boy gear.

mr3urious

Reaction score
Dusting off this thread to see if anyone had any thoughts on last night's episode, which revealed how Skips got his immortality. It shows that the staff can really stretch out and come up with smart, emotional stories when given the chance. Plus it was fun to see Skips dressed up in 1800s school-boy gear.
They teased us about Skips' name origin many episodes ago, but it wasn't until now that we got to witness it. :smile:

charlietheowl

Reaction score
Did anybody catch tonight's episode? In a show that's done a lot of bizarre things, tonight's was near the top of the list. I don't want to spoil it for people who didn't watch it, but it was quite the crazy story.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
You mean all regular, new half-hour, evil criminal frog, #1 criminal, under noses, show special?

:shifty: Eh, excuse me, but what accent is dat supposed to be?
Russian.
:shifty: Yeah, people are Russian outta here all right.

Seriously, was that narrator a Russian or a Dagobian Jedi master...
*Hopes this new special doesn't mean Muscleman and Starla have to call off the wedding that everybody's mad with him about.

charlietheowl

Reaction score
I'm eager to see what happens the rest of the season with Muscle Man's wedding, the show could do so much with a bachelor and bachelorette's party themed episode. Plus the return of Margaret was teased last week, so that should be fun too. It's really impressive how many story lines the show has weaved into the story-of-the-week format.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Huh, I didn't see anything about Margaret's return... Then again, I don't watch Regular Show on Thursdays, I'm usually on the computer or watching something else. I do catch episodes when they repeat during the rest of the week... The last I've seen of RS were the following:
1 2014 Halloween half-hour special where we finally saw Muscleman's Mom.
2 Rigby busting his back to load a truck just to get a paycheck after a week of working at the hauling company.
3 Hi-Five Ghost meeting his old girlfriend Celia near the Pizzanini's.
4 Muscleman's proposal to Starla which resulted in his death as "Muscleman" to permanently be Mitch Sorenstein as a literal new man. When he found he could stay as Muscleman because that's who Starla loved/fell in love with, everyone was mad they wasted time on carrying out his bucket list.

charlietheowl

Reaction score
Huh, I didn't see anything about Margaret's return... Then again, I don't watch Regular Show on Thursdays, I'm usually on the computer or watching something else. I do catch episodes when they repeat during the rest of the week... The last I've seen of RS were the following:
Sorry for spoiling it for you. :embarrassed: But in last week's episode "Flat Screen Eileen"….spoiler incoming……

Rigby, Eileen, Mordecai and CJ are testing out a new TV by watching an interview segment on the local news, and when everybody leaves the room, the offscreen reporter is revealed to be Margaret, who says she's "glad to be home". So I imagine she'll run into everyone pretty soon.

(I would have made it so the text didn't show up unless you highlighted it, but I have no clue how to do that.)

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Don't worry about it, it's not really spoiling the surprise. If by "home" she meant back at the city where the series takes place, then it'll be interesting how this plays out between her and CJ and Mordicai given his moving on and how Mordicai's parents accepted CJ into the family already.
BTW: Was that Katy Seagal voicing Mordicai's mom? Kudos to them if they got her as part of the voice cast.

Drtooth

Reaction score
BTW: Was that Katy Seagal voicing Mordicai's mom? Kudos to them if they got her as part of the voice cast.
It sure was. And Ed Begley Jr. as his father. Which is weird since they showed both of them in the Thanksgiving episode with different voice actors.

They're really blazing through trails this season. I've never seen cartoons slash and burn through status quo the way CN's shows are going. Penny from Gumball is out of her shell, all these reveals in Regular Show... and people dare say that cartoons aren't good anymore. Feh! Slashing and burning through as much back to normal as possible for the sake of show growth and continuity is quite awesome.