Most Obnoxious Fandoms

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Feral cats are fine without human intervention; they find shelter, they find food (rodents and birds), they don't need human companionship the thrive. Anyone who wants to hear a semi-interesting story about my experience with a feral cat, please PM me).
Yeah something that's repeatedly obvious is that PETA is largely ignorant about the ways of animals. Their idea of zoology is a Disney movie.

I figured out as much as I want to know about Five Nights at Freddies, and now I can see why the furry pictures of them are disgusting.
I don't need to see furry pictures, but I did actually enjoy that game. Probably because I was terrified of those anamatronic cretins as a kid, lol.

AlittleMayhem

Reaction score
(Something I remembered while I was drawing fanart and listening to the second Attack on Titan theme.)

Something that bugs me about the Attack on Titan fandom is the fact that they keep calling the Titans the 'R word' (I refused to say it and so should all of you). This is because the Titans are ugly in appearance, low in intelligence, pull grotesque faces and have very unpredictable behaviour. Which is completely unfair, disgusting and insulting towards disabled people in general. Yeah, I know it sounds like I'm defending giants who gobble up the human race to near extinction but it's still all kinds of wrong.

Just...don't do it.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Well, again, there was once a time where that word wasn't some kind of a racial slur towards disabled people, and was more of a slang term for calling someone an idiot or a dimwit, and some people out there seem to still be stuck in that kind of immature/outdated mentality.

On that token, we can't even describe something listless and lackluster as "lame" anymore either, because apparently that's a slur now too. No wonder they say English in the hardest language to learn; we keep taking words out of context, make up new meaning for them, then take 'em out of that context and make up new meanings for them. I heartell that's why some countries try to abolish slang.

Slackbot

Reaction score
There was a time when "moron," "imbecile," and "idiot" were technical terms designating specific intelligence ranges, not insults. I remember when "the R word" was a simple description. There are a lot of terms describing races, religions, etc that started out as normal descriptions and somewhere along the line became pejorative. It's a wonder the NAACP and UNCF haven't changed their acronyms.

I expect that in another 20 years "autistic" will become a forbidden word.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Which brings to mind this little exchange from MTI:

RIZZO: I think it's some kind of a blind being.
GONZO: I think they prefer, "Visually challenged being."

AlittleMayhem

Reaction score
There was a time when "moron," "imbecile," and "idiot" were technical terms designating specific intelligence ranges, not insults. I remember when "the R word" was a simple description. There are a lot of terms describing races, religions, etc that started out as normal descriptions and somewhere along the line became pejorative. It's a wonder the NAACP and UNCF haven't changed their acronyms.

I expect that in another 20 years "autistic" will become a forbidden word.
Well, again, there was once a time where that word wasn't some kind of a racial slur towards disabled people, and was more of a slang term for calling someone an idiot or a dimwit, and some people out there seem to still be stuck in that kind of immature/outdated mentality.

On that token, we can't even describe something listless and lackluster as "lame" anymore either, because apparently that's a slur now too. No wonder they say English in the hardest language to learn; we keep taking words out of context, make up new meaning for them, then take 'em out of that context and make up new meanings for them. I heartell that's why some countries try to abolish slang.
History of the usage of the word has something to do with it usually. There's an excellent video on YouTube about the N word explaining why people who aren't black should not use it anymore.

In my case with the R word, it's really upsetting to me because people have used it in such a malicious and dehumanizing way that put us down, not matter what the intent. It reminds me of my past unpleasant experiences as a disabled person with abled people that I don't need. Many feel the same way. I think it started off as an actual digonosis, but became an insult along the way.

Also, I highly doubt that 'autistic' will become a slur but there has been some debate about it lately. Some claim that 'Autistic people' (as opposed to 'people with autism')is not the right term as they put 'the autism before the person'. I personally don't mind either way.

Eyeball

Reaction score
But when they get aggressive, boy do they go ALL out. There are several examples I could give but, from a personal experience, I remember going to a match with my cousins and sisters. We had a good time in the end, despite our team losing, but the profanity (which I'm not usually phased by) and insults was just shocking! At one point, my cousin booed right at a player's face. He claims it to be fun.
Tbf they get payed so much money you'd expect them to do better, and booing in the players face was just showing how much disatification he had at performance.. Who was it anyways? Arsenal? Because if so he has a right to complain, as we £2800 to watch that load of rubbish yearly, if we want to shout at them we will XD.

Dominicboo1

Reaction score
(Something I remembered while I was drawing fanart and listening to the second Attack on Titan theme.)

Something that bugs me about the Attack on Titan fandom is the fact that they keep calling the Titans the 'R word' (I refused to say it and so should all of you). This is because the Titans are ugly in appearance, low in intelligence, pull grotesque faces and have very unpredictable behaviour. Which is completely unfair, disgusting and insulting towards disabled people in general. Yeah, I know it sounds like I'm defending giants who gobble up the human race to near extinction but it's still all kinds of wrong.

Just...don't do it.
I agree 100% about the R word.