Wanted: Christmas Music for Muppet Central Radio

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
We're looking for a few things for our upcoming Christmas Music Marathon on Muppet Central Radio. Let me know if you can help and send us audio for any of the following.

(1) Sesame Street Book-and-Audio Sets:

- "Big Bird Presents the Nutcracker" (1990)
- "A Grouch's Christmas" (1990)
- "Elmo's Night Before Christmas" (1996)
- "Elmo Saves Christmas" (1997)

(2) "All I Want for Christmas Is You" - Cookie Monster, Zoe and Rosita from the stage show, Elmo's Christmas Wish

(3) Jane Henson's Nativity "A New York Christmas to Remember"

(4) Does anybody have this Muppet News Flash sketch with Kermit and Santa? We've been looking for this one for a long time.

(5) Megan Hilty - Bless Us All

(6) Furchester Hotel Christmas special ("A Furchester Christmas")

(7) Big Bird singing "Merry Christmas Wishing Well" at Lincoln Center

(8) Sesame Street Live Christmas productions:

- "Elmo's Christmas Wish"
- "A Very Furry Christmas"
- "Elmo the Musical Christmas"
- "A Sesame Street Christmas Show"
- "Oscar's Grouchmas"

(9) The Secret Life of Toys Series

Also, if you have any suggestions of songs or Muppet Christmas covers that you would like added to our rotation please let us know.

Last edited:

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Are you talking about the one with Kermit waiting for Santa by the chimney and he gets blocked by an AM chimney sweeper? I think it's listed at Muppet Wiki under the "Holiday" title. I'm personally looking for a MUP3 of the one where Kermit tries to interview Santa but gets the Easter Bunny and a Halloween witch who have their holidays all mixed-up, because in my own little fannish head cannon I think this sketch could have inspired Tim Burton's Nightmare Before Christmas.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Ed the skit you are talking about is on Youtube if that helps.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
We're looking for a few things for our upcoming Christmas Music Marathon on Muppet Central Radio. Let me know if you can help and send us audio for any of the following.
Were you able to make mp3s of the Sunny Side Up stuff with Elmo I had sent you before? The videos have been removed since then.

I'll try to think of some winter/Christmas TMS stuff - the only ones that come to mind are Fozzie's Robert Frost poem and the 4th of July/Christmas medley with Hal Linden.

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
What is the name of that newsflash?
Here is the description of the sketch we're looking for from Muppet Wiki....

Holiday: Santa Claus

Kermit witnesses how Santa Claus comes down the chimney, but not before a chimney sweep enters the chimney first.

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Were you able to make mp3s of the Sunny Side Up stuff with Elmo I had sent you before? The videos have been removed since then.
Yes, I have those. :laugh:

I'll try to think of some winter/Christmas TMS stuff - the only ones that come to mind are Fozzie's Robert Frost poem and the 4th of July/Christmas medley with Hal Linden.
I've got those two, along with Wayne and Wanda's "Let It Snow" from Season 1 and "Baby, It's Cold Outside" from Season 2.

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I wanted to bump this thread to see if anyone can help with the above Christmas music requests. We're about 10 days out from going all-Christmas on Muppet Central Radio.

Also, if you have any suggestions of songs or Muppet Christmas covers that you would like added to our rotation please let us know.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Hmm... The only new stuff I can think of to add to MCR's Christmas rotation are the sketch where Bert and Ernie build a snowman and Bert winds up with no winter clothes... And the just announced appearance of Miss Piggy on Michael Bublé's Christmas special scheduled to air on 12/17/2014 at 8 PM ET/PT.

Hope this helps.
*Still wanting a MUP3 of that News Flash sketch with the holiday mix-up if someone could please send it to me. :electric:

Oscarfan

Reaction score
Last edited: