What are you Thankful For?

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
I'm thankful for

my baby girl- This is the number one thing I am thankful for as I waited 3 years to have her. She has brought so much joy to my hubby and our families lives. We can't imagine our life without her.

my hubby- I'm grateful I'm with someone who loves me and our baby girl uncondtionally.

Jim Henson- without him my childhood would've been very empty. I respect him just like my parents and I still 24 years later can't help but get emotional whenever I see old footage or a quote from him. I try to live with the optimism he had everyday.

Steve Whitmire- for IMO saving Kermit the Frog after Jim died. I can't imagine having to fill such huge shoes or err green flippers.

My best friend- Not many people can say they have a best friend but I am thankful to say I do. She lives in a different country but as they say absence makes the heart grow fonder and I think we are closer then ever. She's really more like my sister then a best friend. I've been having some rough things happen in my life lately and I wish she was here so I could just talk to her.

and just waking up everyday. :smile:

Katzi428

Reaction score
This'll sound super sappy , but here goes:
I'm thankful for Online friends like you guys! I don't have any friends Offline. (Even if the person I mentioned yesterday acted normal, she lives 6 hours away) You guys are wonderful!

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Awe that's nice Kat! I had almost forgotten about this thread, and I'm thankful you brought it up!

Twisted Tails

Reaction score
This'll sound super sappy , but here goes:
I'm thankful for Online friends like you guys! I don't have any friends Offline. (Even if the person I mentioned yesterday acted normal, she lives 6 hours away) You guys are wonderful!
Thanks Kathy! I have one friend (Clarissa Moeller) who is at least offline and not much into the Internet. She doesn't act normal, but she does make me feel better whenever I have a bad day.
Nowadays, I do have to make friends online from now on, because I think they seem more trustworthy and caring. :smile:

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
Aww that's so nice but I know what you mean some of my greatest friends are people I've met through MC and for that I am "thankful." :smile: Wow I surprised myself in actually finding something positive. It's been very hard for me lately but that's another thread.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
It really is true, if there are five people in your life you can really call "friend", you're doing good. There will be a lot of acquaintances, co-workers, classmates, and people who come and go. Facebook kind of cheapened the word "friend". Some people there collect friends like stamps. They might have a thousand or more "friends", many of whom they'll never actually meet or get to know, but how many will really be there for you when the chips are down?

Wanna know a good (but not definitive) rule of thumb for a friend?

If your car (assuming you're old enough to drive) breaks down somewhere at 3 am, who can you call to come get you?

I'm grateful for a number of people on this forum I'm blessed to call "friend", and even though my best friend lives 3,000 miles away, I wouldn't trade her friendship for anything.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
I'm thankful for life...no mater what it throws at you it could be worse you could be dead.......

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
As much as my life sucks right now I am grateful for my family without them especially my hubby and baby girl I would probably be dead.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Since Thanksgiving is this week here in the US, I thought I would dust off this old thread.

I have so much to be thankful for this year, that it will be hard to say it all in a post, so I may divide it up.

I'm thankful for my salvation: I don't talk about this much and for the people who do not believe this will be hard to understand, but I'm thankful Jesus died for my sins and saved me.)

I'm thankful for my wife: She really has made me a better man, husband, and father. I don't know what I would do without her.

I'm thankful for all six of my kids whom I'm not going to name right now, but love each in there own way. They teach me more then I teach them.

I'm thankful for my family: I don't talk to them as much as I should, but I really do love them all, and would be a mess without them.

This is just the start,of what I'm thankful for more to come throughout the week.

Twisted Tails

Reaction score
Where to start?

I am thankful for being a sophmore in college and I might as well continue with education.

I am thankful for listening and appreciating music originally performed and covered by the Muppets.

Even though the fandom has its ups and downs, I am very thankful for doing my best to keep the forum alive.

I am thankful for my job. If anyone doesn't know, I work at Interactions training as an Intent Analyst around the capital state of Indiana a.k.a the Hoosier state.

Last edited: