Questions about anything

Drtooth

Reaction score
Obama being blamed for Bill Cosby allegedly raping that woman in the '80s is the definition of "Insane Troll Logic."
Dude, everything's Obama's fault because idiots listen to Glen Beck and Alex Jones and other political medicine men who create a panic to sell books and "end of days" survival scams involving Goldline. Yeah, there are thoughtful and reasonable critiques of the president. Too bad they're drowned out by a vocal minority of crazies that get their news from shock jocks.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Since almost all of western animation is actually animated over in Asia (Korea, in particular), then isn't calling it, "Western animation," kind of a contradiction in terms?

Harleena

Reaction score
Why are there four blondes, three redheads, and five girls with black hair in the Disney Princess line-up, but only one brunette (technically, they might be adding Meg, but…)? Plus, Belle has brown eyes, so I don't have a princess that I look like…unless you count Jane Porter as a princess…

I kind of look like Kairi a little bit…

Or maybe Meg…

Or Wendy, but her hair's a bit too light…

Plus I've been told that I look like Elsa, so here she is as a brunette. Picture by aelfethart on Tumblr.

mr3urious

Reaction score
Since almost all of western animation is actually animated over in Asia (Korea, in particular), then isn't calling it, "Western animation," kind of a contradiction in terms?
It's really the inbetween work that's done overseas. Stuff like animatics, model sheets, and key frames are still done here. I mean, Japan frequently outsources to Korea nowadays, and anime is still called anime.

Harleena

Reaction score
I found more…

Older Sofia
'
Brunette Rapunzel (okay, so technically at one point in the movie she was a brunette, but in the official line-up, she's blonde)

Brunette Ariel (she's so pretty!)
And maybe the girls from that movie "Giants" will be brunettes! Plus, I also look like Honey Lemon, but without her glasses and with brown hair…

Eyeball

Reaction score
If I commit copyright infringement in jamacia would that technically make me a pirate of the carribean Lol?

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I've read in a post on Jim Henson's Red Book site that the Muppets 1971 appearance on The Dick Cavette Show was broadcast "live as it was taped". I assume that's the case for all episodes of The Dick Cavette Show, but what exactly does "live as it was taped" mean? Does it just mean that it was broadcast the way it was pre-recorded? Was it pre-recorded an hour before the episode was supposed to air and then broadcast right after taping ended? Did they start taping a little before air time and do a tape delay (I doubt this, considering there's an episode that never aired due to a guest dying during his interview)? Or could it be something else (somehow I doubt that they would have taped certain parts, then aired it when later parts were being taped... Would that kind of technology have existed back then? Does that kind of technology exist now?)?

Bliffenstimmers

Reaction score
I've read in a post on Jim Henson's Red Book site that the Muppets 1971 appearance on The Dick Cavette Show was broadcast "live as it was taped". I assume that's the case for all episodes of The Dick Cavette Show, but what exactly does "live as it was taped" mean?
I assume that the show was broadcast live on TV during its initial night, and at the same time the live footage was being recorded to tape for later use. I assume many of the transitions and effects were done live as well.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I assume that the show was broadcast live on TV during its initial night, and at the same time the live footage was being recorded to tape for later use. I assume many of the transitions and effects were done live as well.
I thought that was normally the case with live shows after it had become common for shows to be saved (even for shows that normally weren't rebroadcast).

EDIT: Well I looked at the Red Book article in question and it said that it was a "live-to-tape" broadcast meaning it aired as it was being taped. Here's the article in question http://www.henson.com/jimsredbook/2013/11/11251971/