Questions about anything

Drtooth

Reaction score
It's really the inbetween work that's done overseas. Stuff like animatics, model sheets, and key frames are still done here. I mean, Japan frequently outsources to Korea nowadays, and anime is still called anime.

Anime's a tricky term. Anime is only called anime in Western countries, where as the term means all animation in Japan. But yeah. Outsourcing. Weirdest thing is that Titmouse supposedly supplied some animation for Space Dandy. A western studio that Japan outsourced to. Then there's the flash based cartoons which, for the most part, are done in Western countries. There are ones they outsourced to, like Mucha Lucha. That's one of the good things about Flash based animation. It keeps it homegrown, at least. I'd assume that if Filmation were still around, they'd go that route.

But I really like the look of an outsourced series, especially if it's outsourced to Japan. Few are today. I know the new Thundercats one was, same studio that did TFA (thoguh I have to admit, they just had some trouble with the look of the series, and whoever would eventually do Ben 10 Omniverse would have done a better job... same artist designs). There are also a few cases of DC DTV projects (it includes Gotham Knights, but TMS did one of the Green Lantern ones, and another studio did the one shot Super Friends Imaginext pack in DVD). But there's just something about the TMS animated Ducktales episodes...

mr3urious

Reaction score
That's one of the good things about Flash based animation. It keeps it homegrown, at least. I'd assume that if Filmation were still around, they'd go that route.
But at least one series, Dan Vs., was still outsourced to Korea anyway despite using Flash. And Rough Draft Korea is supposedly doing business with Randy Cunningham starting with season 2.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
So is the recent 3DS video game Disney Magical World a game aimed at girls or both genders? I can't really tell from looking at the packaging, and have had trouble determining it when I look up info on the game.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Why are there four blondes, three redheads, and five girls with black hair in the Disney Princess line-up, but only one brunette (technically, they might be adding Meg, but…)? Plus, Belle has brown eyes, so I don't have a princess that I look like…
That's because life is unfair.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Okay, I just saw some commercial for some preschool Minnie Mouse Toy or something, and there were two other Mini-Minnies on the set. What the heck are they? They disturb me.

WalterLinz

Reaction score
Okay, I just saw some commercial for some preschool Minnie Mouse Toy or something, and there were two other Mini-Minnies on the set. What the heck are they? They disturb me.
Lol I think they're her nieces! XD Like Mickey's nephews Morty and Ferdie. They appear on those Minnie's Bow Toons shorts on Disney Junior.:stick_out_tongue:

Haha don't worry, they freak out my mom as well. XD

D'Snowth

Reaction score
SEINFELD is known for going back and editing stuff to maintain better continuity in reruns (which is odd, considering Larry David himself said he didn't care at all about continuity, as long as the show was funny): Wayne Knight dubbing Newman's voice in the episode Larry David did his voice, refilming Frank Costanza's scenes with Jerry Stiller when he was played by a different actor in his debut episode, and look at what the pilot episode's original theme and titles were like:

With all that in mind, why didn't they also dub Jerry calling Kramer Kessler in the pilot?

charlietheowl

Reaction score
With all that in mind, why didn't they also dub Jerry calling Kramer Kessler in the pilot?
I can't give an answer for that, but they did write in the Kessler/Kramer thing in the backwards episode, when they show Jerry moving in to the complex.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
That I know, it just seems to me they edited so much from the pilot for better continuity, it seems like they would have also dubbed Jerry calling Kramer Kessler.

I will admit though, I'm glad they refilmed Frank's scenes in the handicap spot episode with Jerry Stiller: he owned that role! I saw John Randolph on YT, his performances make Frank kind of a dull character.

Harleena

Reaction score
Why can't I breed a freaking Shugabush in My Singing Monsters? I want one so bad!