Speculation: Sesame Street 45th Anniversary Possibilities

cjd874

Reaction score
You know...I've done a lot of thinking and in case you all didn't know, throughout these last 4 months, fellow MC user cjd874 has been making these stupendously well-done SST Old School Episode Outlines- all of which take place between Seasons 3 and 10, which he considers to be the golden years of Sesame Street. As of right now, he's made 31 (yes, 31!) spectacular well-done outlines!

In my personal opinion, I consider this as his way of celebrating the show's 45th anniversary. So, if you guys haven't done so already, go give every outline a read- you won't be sorry! (Side note: if you have any kind of feedback for him on these outlines, feel free to private message him, so you don't take up too much space on the thread with feedback)

With that being said, go to this thread and give all 31 of these great outlines a read- again, you will NOT be sorry! http://www.muppetcentral.com/forum/threads/sst-old-school-outlines.58107/
Thank you for getting the word out there! I never really thought about these outlines as a celebration of SS's 45th anniversary, but that's a very good observation. On another note, I have just one correction about your post: I now have 32 outlines! I'm adding it as I type this. Check 'em all out!

sesamemuppetfan

Reaction score
Thank you for getting the word out there! I never really thought about these outlines as a celebration of SS's 45th anniversary, but that's a very good observation. On another note, I have just one correction about your post: I now have 32 outlines! I'm adding it as I type this. Check 'em all out!
No problem! And I'm reading the 32nd one right now as we speak! So far so good! :smile:

Erine81981

Reaction score
You know...I've done a lot of thinking and in case you all didn't know, throughout these last 4 months, fellow MC user cjd874 has been making these stupendously well-done SST Old School Episode Outlines- all of which take place between Seasons 3 and 10, which he considers to be the golden years of Sesame Street. As of right now, he's made 31 (yes, 31!) spectacular well-done outlines!

In my personal opinion, I consider this as his way of celebrating the show's 45th anniversary. So, if you guys haven't done so already, go give every outline a read- you won't be sorry! (Side note: if you have any kind of feedback for him on these outlines, feel free to private message him, so you don't take up too much space on the thread with feedback)

With that being said, go to this thread and give all 31 of these great outlines a read- again, you will NOT be sorry! http://www.muppetcentral.com/forum/threads/sst-old-school-outlines.58107/
I read a few and really enjoyed them. I'm going to try and read some more. He really is doing an awesome job. If i hadn't known these were not real show i would have been, "I really want to see episode ????!"

cjd874

Reaction score
I read a few and really enjoyed them. I'm going to try and read some more. He really is doing an awesome job. If i hadn't known these were not real show i would have been, "I really want to see episode ????!"
Thank you very much! Your last sentence made me smile…I could picture you thinking, "Was this episode 778?" or something like that. Again, if you have any useful feedback, please message me!

minor muppetz

Reaction score
At this point, I'll be surprised if anything else comes out for the anniversary, or if Sesame Workshop suddenly starts a big anniversary celebration (though we still have several months before it's technically over), but the other day I thought of a good April Fools joke regarding an idea, but have decided against it because by then it might be too late to convince people that Sesame Workshop would suddenly celebrate the anniversary for the rest of the year. But since I decided not to go with that for this years April Fools joke, I'll write about it here.

I think (but can't remember for sure) I suggested maybe PBS or Sprout show a big Sesame Street marathon (like the Simpsons marathon on FXX, but a few days ago, I read that VH1 was going to air a record-breaking Saturday Night Live marathon, lasting 19 days (beating The Simpsons' 13-day marathon record), but then I thought why not have Sesame Street beat that record? So I was going to say that Sprout was going to air a 45-day non-stop Sesame Street marathon (at first I considered just a month-long).

I thought of a few options. One was for each day to represent a different season, with 24 episodes from the featured season (26 is the highest number of episodes from any season, so it's possible). I also thought about having certain days represent two whole seasons (with 12 from one season and 12 from the other), which would get through all the seasons quicker and then there could be themed blocks (like all of the Hawaii episodes or all of the "Slimey goes to the moon" episodes or every episode where it snows) or return to certain seasons.

And if there's a need to include more than just Sesame Street episodes, there could be hours featuring Sesame Street specials or direct-to-video projects or episodes of Play With Me Sesame. I also thought about two special hour-long compilations each day: One would be a highlight reel for whatever season is represented, and the other is a different themed compilation (like Big Bird clips, Ernie and Bert clips, Grover clips, alphabet clips, celebrity clips, etc.).

I also thought about saying that the whole marathon would be hosted by The Count, who would count the number of days and episodes that have passed (I wonder if they would actually record special between-episode interstitials for all the episodes in the marathon).

An exciting idea, but maybe too exciting even for an April Fools post. And if it were real, I could see many people from Muppet Central/Tough Pigs/Muppet Wiki who have Sprout arranging to watch/record the marathon in shifts so that Muppet Wiki can be sure to add more episode pages and complete guides with incomplete info (wait, does Sprout include commercial interruptions?). I don't think a digital recorder can hold 45 days worth of programming.

sesamemuppetfan

Reaction score
At this point, I'll be surprised if anything else comes out for the anniversary, or if Sesame Workshop suddenly starts a big anniversary celebration (though we still have several months before it's technically over), but the other day I thought of a good April Fools joke regarding an idea, but have decided against it because by then it might be too late to convince people that Sesame Workshop would suddenly celebrate the anniversary for the rest of the year. But since I decided not to go with that for this years April Fools joke, I'll write about it here.

I think (but can't remember for sure) I suggested maybe PBS or Sprout show a big Sesame Street marathon (like the Simpsons marathon on FXX, but a few days ago, I read that VH1 was going to air a record-breaking Saturday Night Live marathon, lasting 19 days (beating The Simpsons' 13-day marathon record), but then I thought why not have Sesame Street beat that record? So I was going to say that Sprout was going to air a 45-day non-stop Sesame Street marathon (at first I considered just a month-long).

I thought of a few options. One was for each day to represent a different season, with 24 episodes from the featured season (26 is the highest number of episodes from any season, so it's possible). I also thought about having certain days represent two whole seasons (with 12 from one season and 12 from the other), which would get through all the seasons quicker and then there could be themed blocks (like all of the Hawaii episodes or all of the "Slimey goes to the moon" episodes or every episode where it snows) or return to certain seasons.

And if there's a need to include more than just Sesame Street episodes, there could be hours featuring Sesame Street specials or direct-to-video projects or episodes of Play With Me Sesame. I also thought about two special hour-long compilations each day: One would be a highlight reel for whatever season is represented, and the other is a different themed compilation (like Big Bird clips, Ernie and Bert clips, Grover clips, alphabet clips, celebrity clips, etc.).

I also thought about saying that the whole marathon would be hosted by The Count, who would count the number of days and episodes that have passed (I wonder if they would actually record special between-episode interstitials for all the episodes in the marathon).

An exciting idea, but maybe too exciting even for an April Fools post. And if it were real, I could see many people from Muppet Central/Tough Pigs/Muppet Wiki who have Sprout arranging to watch/record the marathon in shifts so that Muppet Wiki can be sure to add more episode pages and complete guides with incomplete info (wait, does Sprout include commercial interruptions?). I don't think a digital recorder can hold 45 days worth of programming.
Yes...yes, yes, YES!!!! That would be so awesome!! In answer to your last question, no, to the best of my knowledge, Sprout doesn't have any commercial interruptions.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
One thing that I know I've occasionally mentioned here in recent years is that ever since the 30th season, I usually feel a bit sad when an anniversary season ends and the first post-anniversary season begins. But with very little official celebration for the 45th anniversary, I probably won't get that sad feeling when season 46 starts.