What made you roll your eyes today thread?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Oh, Andy Dick, you just can't stay outta trouble, can ya?

Slackbot

Reaction score
My father E-mailing me anti-Obama propaganda four times this weekend. The same link. And actually being surprised that it annoys and offends me.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Whatever anyone's thoughts on the verdict of the cop that got off are, what really makes me roll my eyes are those who are literally celebrating the death of the kid he shot and the fact the officer got off scott clean. Celebrating the death of someone, unless they're a major, massive murdering evil is outright monstrous. Sure, we're going to hear stories about the sore losers that started looting and rioting the town, but the sore winners are just as bad.

My father E-mailing me anti-Obama propaganda four times this weekend. The same link. And actually being surprised that it annoys and offends me.
:rolleyes:

E-mailing anti-Obama propaganda. What was it? The completely unfounded communist thing, the completely unfounded Muslim thing, the completely unfounded "the country's doing worse" even though it isn't thing? At this point I just tune it all out. It's all the same angry, hateful nonsense that leads to infighting, bickering, and complete weakening of the country. A House divided cannot stand. And we have 6 years of proof of that.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Whatever anyone's thoughts on the verdict of the cop that got off are, what really makes me roll my eyes are those who are literally celebrating the death of the kid he shot and the fact the officer got off scott clean. Celebrating the death of someone, unless they're a major, massive murdering evil is outright monstrous. Sure, we're going to hear stories about the sore losers that started looting and rioting the town, but the sore winners are just as bad.
Why am I not at all surprised that a white cop who shot a black kid to death got off scott clean? Honest to God, if it was the other way around, and the cop was black and the kid was white, that cop would have immediately been terminated from the force, tried for murder, and probably be facing a death penalty himself. Just like George Zimmerman: if he was black and Treyvon Martin was white, Zimmerman would rotting in jail now.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Why am I not at all surprised that a white cop who shot a black kid to death got off scott clean? Honest to God, if it was the other way around, and the cop was black and the kid was white, that cop would have immediately been terminated from the force, tried for murder, and probably be facing a death penalty himself. Just like George Zimmerman: if he was black and Treyvon Martin was white, Zimmerman would rotting in jail now.
I could get on a whole thing about this, but my question is, what happened to tasers, stun guns, and pepper spray? I'm not going to go on either side of the race issue here, but if the cop knew the scuffle was going to escalate, why not stun the victim and capture him? The kid was unarmed. There was excessive force, but two wrongs never make a right no matter what rationalization they give. We have these non-violent means to take down unarmed men, and if pepper spray is good enough for a completely non-violent group of anti-corporate protesters sitting completely still, it's good enough for stunning an unarmed assailant. The kid could have been apprehended while stunned easily if he were as guilty as they say he was. But heck yeah, the cop was unnecessarily brutal. Someone's lying, and the very least he should have been fired, and sweeping changes should have been made to prevent this sort of thing happening again.

The George Zimmer thing was a little different because he willfully disobeyed police orders, and he has a history of aggressive behavior. At the very least, he should have been drummed off the neighborhood watch. The fact that neither men even faced a slap on the wrist is what's disturbing.

But my point is, it's one thing that people are going to be angry that this happened and they're going to do angry things. That's not acceptable, but neither is gloating over it and celebrating the death of someone. That's ghoulish! There's a difference between righteous anger and being a freaking school yard bully. We can trot out the "Stamp out Bullying" initiatives all we want, but it's not going to stop grown-butt men from acting like petty children. That's why politics in this country is so bullcrap insane (like said e-mail's Slackbot recieved from her own family). No maturity, no rational thoughts... the angriest, stupidest, loudest voice wins. And profits.

scooterfan360

Reaction score
it's sad to see that ,that kind of racism is still around .the treyvon martin and michael brown reminds me of the emmett till case when jw bryant was not charged .

mr3urious

Reaction score
What I really don't like is how some of the protestors in Ferguson reacted: by destroying their town in spite of Obama and the Brown family's pleas for peace. Sure, they have a right to be angry over this verdict, but they don't have a right to smash up and set fire to private property all over town, potentially driving away business and giving cops even more of a reason to profile African-Americans, thus making things even crappier for them.

Last edited:

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
What I really don't like is how some of the protestors in Ferguson reacted: by destroying their town in spite of Obama and the Brown family's pleas for peace. Sure, they have a right to be angry over this verdict, but they don't have a right to smash up and set fire to private property all over town, potentially driving away business and giving cops even more of a reason to profile African-Americans, thus making things even crappier for them.
Those weren't protesters. Those were opportunists blending in with the actual protesters, looking for an excuse to trash things. They didn't care about Michael Brown, or anyone but themselves.

That town, both the citizens and the cops, have utterly embarrassed themselves in front of the entire nation. Heck of a job, Ferguson...

Bridget

Reaction score
What made me roll my eyes today? Just seeing how much ignorance goes on in my school as far as bullying. I do not know about everyone else, but I am so tired of seeing people getting judged based on what kind of clothing they wear or abundance of cash they have. It just isn't fair. I know for a fact that no matter what bullying will not go away completely, but I just wish that people could start looking for the good in others instead of just the negative things. Every time I seea situation happen like that in school, I just make a note to teach my children to never look down on someone else based on what they see with their eyes. It breaks my heart to tell you the truth. I wish there was something I could do about it.