TV Alert: Sesame Street at the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Trust me Dwayne, it was Billy Barkhurst performing Ernie. Maybe once we get an embedded link to the appearance from this year's parade you'll hear it better.

wiley207

Reaction score
Sooo there isn't gonna be a Kermit balloon like last year?:stick_out_tongue:
No there wasn't, from what I saw. Besides, the NBC coverage doesn't seem to care about the balloons much anymore. When announcing the parade lineup at the start, they completely ignored the balloons as if they weren't there! I guess it's a tradition that is going to die soon...

MuppetSpot

Reaction score
Is Herry on the float this year?
Also, I love the float with Grover in the nest

WalterLinz

Reaction score
No there wasn't, from what I saw. Besides, the NBC coverage doesn't seem to care about the balloons much anymore. When announcing the parade lineup at the start, they completely ignored the balloons as if they weren't there! I guess it's a tradition that is going to die soon...
What?! They're, like, my favorite part of the parade!! Lol.:stick_out_tongue:

I just saw the Sesame float, and it was so adorable!! I see that Mando got a haircut!! The song they sang wasn't so bad. It was cute that everybody on the float got a solo!

Sigh...if only The Muppets muppets had a float like this...lol.:smile:

zns

Reaction score
What I especially enjoyed the most about the appearance was that just about every character had a featured solo in the musical number. It's always such a thrill to see our favorite Sesame Street Muppets live in the parade.

Slackbot

Reaction score
The only station in atlanta carrying the parade this morning live was CBS. They gave a lot of love to the balloons--now I know just how many cubic feet of heliim was inside Spider-Man and how long Papa Smurf's "cane" is--but I almost missed the Sesame Street float because I blinked. Didn't hear any audio for it. But, hey, we got to see a video of Taylor Swift! :grr:

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
The song they sang was amazing! Billy voicing Ernie here proves that he's Ernie from now on.