Muppet Movie Muppets

Mr Sweetums

Reaction score
For a very long time I thought Walter was the only Muppet to debut in a Muppet Movie and then continue to be part of the franchise and the other day it hit me The Beggar, Spotted-Dick, Walleyed Pike, Calico, Angel-Marie etc... were actually the first ones. Many of these characters debuted in MCC then moved to MTI, made a comeback during MWOO and then came back as prisoners in the gulag in MMW. Does Bubba Rat fall under this category?

I really would have liked to have seen Polly Lobster, Clueless Morgan and Mad Monty continue to be part of the Muppets even though they did perform on MT.

LamangoNumber2

Reaction score
It would have been cool to see Polly, Monty and Morgan in the Gulag. But Morgan's puppet is missing.

Mr Sweetums

Reaction score
That would have been such a nice surprise finding the three of them in the Gulag, I mean if the background MTI pirates could return then why not them.

As for Clueless Morgan going missing, I had heard that story too but MTI was filmed in 1996, I imagine all those puppets are long gone, it's been over 18 years, this makes me feel old. This actually gets me thinking now were these puppets rebuilt for MWOO? Even if that's the case, Blind Pew must have been newly created for the film so I wonder why they chose him over say Polly Lobster and Clueless Morgan.

LamangoNumber2

Reaction score
Nah, all the Treasure Island puppets are still around. George the Janitor survived from Muppets Valentine Show up to Muppets Tonight, didn't he? And Droop survived from Santa Claus switch to Muppet Christmas Carol before they rebuilt a new one.

Blind Pew, Black Dog, Angel Marie, Old Tom, Calico, all survived. Polly probably did too, but the Morgan puppet just went missing after Muppets Tonight.

My theory is someone stole it. Same thing happened to one of the Robin Puppets.

Also, can we count Frackles as 'movie' muppets? They first appeared in a special, and are still major players in the background monsters.

Mr Sweetums

Reaction score
That's so true, I completely forgot about the Frackles, that's a very good point. I'm amazed to learn that Muppets last that long, I always thought they lasted from around 5-8 years... well done George and Droop. That's really interesting, Blind Pew is basically the same puppet they used in MTI... very cool.

It's a shame Clueless got stolen, I wonder why Clueless though? I've never heard of any other Muppet getting stolen but I have heard about Clueless before. It's really strange, Clueless isn't that major of a character, you would think if someone was going to steal a Muppet they'd go for someone I little more recognizable. This was either a diehard Clueless fan who had planned this heist since 1996 or someone who found themselves with the right opportunity at the right time and unfortunately for Clueless he was at the wrong place.

I've never heard the story about Robin being stolen, do you know if this was during TMS?

If I ever had the chance to steal a Muppet I think I'd go for Sam the Eagle :attitude:

LamangoNumber2

Reaction score
Well, Clueless could have just been misplaced. But the source of Robin being stolen was from Jerry Nelson's mouth himself during the Muppet Show Live.

Mr Sweetums

Reaction score
Some fan must have got their money's worth at Muppet Fest :smile: