Your Thoughts: Muppets Most Wanted on Blu-ray and DVD

WalterLinz

Reaction score
Here's On the Set with Walter!
This is Walter at his best!!:fanatic: Plus I loved seeing Eric Jacobson and Matt Vogel pass by Walter and not minding seeing him tape a behind-the-scenes featurette!:fanatic:

Aw man. I'm also pretty disappointed that both this and Inside the Gulag were only featured in the UK release of the MMW blu ray.:frown: But at least we'll be able to watch them again and again on this reliable site called Youtube!:wink:

Mad Monty fan

Reaction score
After watching the movie again for the umpteenth time, it made me wonder if the one of the muppets in the orchestra pit was Angelo from The Muppets Kitchen with Cat Cora or if it was just a muppet who looked like Angelo.

JimAndFrank

Reaction score
Apologies for bumping the thread, but I FINALLY imported the extended edition from the U.S and I gotta say that the extra scenes make a lot of difference.

For one thing, the extra scenes create a better pace for the entire film and the pre-existing scenes make a lot more sense in terms of context. It's a pity that the film was running long because the scenes they had to cut out for the theatrical release are among the best.

A few of my favourites:

As an Aussie, the Austrian/Australian gag with Christoph cracked me up. The only way it could have improved was if it was Lew Zealand rather than Beauregard.

Kermit snapping at the gulag inmates ("You are not eyeballing me right now...") only got better with the extended scene. There's just something really dignifying about watching a room of hardcore prisoners becoming dominated by an 18-inch-tall frog.

The banter between Constantine and Miss Piggy after his proposal really justifies 'Something So Right'. I felt as if there were a few elements missing to the story and now it's making sense.

Why on earth was the decision made to cut Kermit impersonating Constantine to get past Dominic? Are they nuts?! It's like the best scene in the entire film!

Kermit trying to bring up the hairpin he swallowed....No words can describe how perfectly gross it is...

Did Jim ever have Kermit gag or is that just something that Steve perfected and wanted to share with the world?

All in all, I doubt I'll ever watch the theatrical release again. Why would I when the extended edition makes more sense and contains all the best moments?

Right now, I'm just thanking Henson that my Blu-ray player was multi-region so I could watch this in the first place!

Muppet Master

Reaction score
The MMW DVD was not even on sale for Black Friday, and it is still twenty dollars, come on, it can not get more expensive than it is already.

jvcarroll

Reaction score
I'm sure you'd like to hear what Steve Swanson, the host of the MuppetCast, has to say about the film. Skip to 58:09. http://muppethub.com/e56-11pc/
I like Steve Swanson, but it's like he didn't see the same movie I did. I liked the 2011 film but no longtime fan should favor the tone in that movie over this year's offering. But I do compare every film to the Muppet Movie. I do. I agree with that 100%.

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
I like Steve Swanson, but it's like he didn't see the same movie I did. I liked the 2011 film but no longtime fan should favor the tone in that movie over this year's offering. But I do compare every film to the Muppet Movie. I do. I agree with that 100%.
@stephenjlizard is one of the few Muppet fans I know of who likes the 2011 movie more. I don't get how he thinks We're Doing a Sequel isn't as catchy as Life's a Happy Song. I'd like to hear what @Studmeister17 thinks about this movie, cause he disliked the 2011 movie. Alex, please come out of hiatus and tell us what you think about this movie.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
I seem to recall he being rather unfavorable of the 2011 movie on his podcast as well.

jvcarroll

Reaction score
I did like the 2011 film, but it really is more of an ad for the franchise than it is a proper Muppet film. I think Constantine is one of the most Muppety characters in decades. He stirs up trouble. Muppets used to do more of that.