Do not buy from Creature Clones!

I love puppets

Reaction score
Hello everybody,

This is just a warning not to by muppet replicas or any puppets from Oliver at 'Creature Clones'. He still owes me a prop that I paid for 6 years ago. He just simply doesn't respond anymore. I did receive my puppet after a year and a half, and it was just ok.

Instead use either Terry Angus or Jarrod Bouture for your puppet needs.

Just thought I should let you know.

-Erik

ashkent

Reaction score
I think at the least a response isn't too much to ask. I've had delays on a couple of recent orders I've been doing for people - mainly due to having a new daughter which doesn't half scupper plans - but i I wouldn't just stop replying to mails.

In the words of Robert Loggia (for those who watch Family Guy), "Not OK!"

Slackbot

Reaction score
There are other threads on Creature Clones. This one gathers a lot of grievances into one place. Basically, it seems that he makes great puppets, but you can wait months or years before finally getting them, and that only after putting fire to his feet.

It's things like this that made me set a policy that I won't accept payment until I am ready to start work on a puppet, and I send the buyer in-progress photos so they can get a feel for the progress. I don't want people to wonder if they're being strung along like this guy tends to do.

FoxWorthy

Reaction score
Hi all,

I am new to the Forums so please be gentle. I am the proud owner of a Creature Clones Ernie Rendition, he is my pride and joy......Well, actually my kids are my pride and joy but Ernie ranks in there too!

I can say that Mike Lisa at Creature Clones met his time frame and delivered my Puppet. I am 110% satisfied with my Ernie.

I am waiting for my second order from him. Production on my second order is slightly delayed as of right now but I believe that he will pull through and ship it out soon enough.

I'm sorry to hear that people have had issues with him but I myself have not.

His work is topnotch stuff. I would love to get a Piggy from him but I only have so much money. Until then, I will play with my Ernie and dream about Pigs! :smile:

BlakeConor14

Reaction score
He said on average we have to wait 2 years for a bit of foam we could make ourselves
Hello everybody,

This is just a warning not to by muppet replicas or any puppets from Oliver at 'Creature Clones'. He still owes me a prop that I paid for 6 years ago. He just simply doesn't respond anymore. I did receive my puppet after a year and a half, and it was just ok.

Instead use either Terry Angus or Jarrod Bouture for your puppet needs.

Just thought I should let you know.

-Erik

teachertoons

Reaction score
Beware of any business that does not leave an actual location, contact phone number and actual product photos that are recent. Look for the great pros that are out there. Stay away from any business that changes their name often or provides false information. Be careful fellow puppeteers.

Muppet Loverr

Reaction score
Their Piggys always looked weird to me (like the eyes).
i mean its flawless compared to my hard carved one ...

But $2000 + 2years wait = not worth it to the average muppet fan .
sad really.

FoxWorthy

Reaction score
I have been waiting for a puppet that Mike said would be shipped on April 12th, 2015. My first two puppets from him were fine but the third one is now a whole world of problems. He's paid in full, I held up my end of the deal. He has my money and I don't know if I will ever see the puppet or the money ever again! I posted a rip off report on him and discovered a few more recent postings about him on there. I am so disappointed in this turnout. :frown:

http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/specific_search/creature clones

HunterPeeples

Reaction score
Just make sure you pay Mike Lisa through Pay Pal that requires pay protection :halo:

FoxWorthy

Reaction score
Just make sure you pay Mike Lisa through Pay Pal that requires pay protection :halo:

Paypal will usually only protect you up to 42 days from the time you send payment. Creature Clones says that you must expect a 1-2 year wait. When I was done being lied to by Mike Lisa and contacted Paypal, Paypal did say they would protect me even though it was well over 42 days but they also made reference to myself being a flawless paypal user since early 2000's.