Girl Meets World Officially Picked Up

Drtooth

Reaction score
If there's a current Disney show where Will Freidle really shines, it's when he played the Merc with a Mouth on Ultimate Spider-Man.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
I loved Will in Boy Meets World, he could be so silly, and yet at the same time have so much depth that he and all of the cast could really be both comidc actors or drama actors. I can't wait to see where they put Eric and what he has been doing for the last 13 years.

beatnikchick300

Reaction score
Man, I never really liked that show anyway, and it still sounds like a waste. These tweencoms are so incredibly interchangeable, not to mention factory cranked out.

And before anyone says anything, I never liked Saved by the Bell either.
Saved by the Bell is a lot more like the typical modern teen-com than Boy Meets World was (you know, just pure fluff). Yeah, Boy Meets World did have some stereotypical characters (especially early on), but they weren't afraid to deal with tougher material, or give the characters depth beyond just teen stereotypes. And it actually treated the adults (parents, teachers, etc.) like real people instead of buffoons or dictators, which is rare for a teen sitcom.

Girl Meets World is...okay. Definitely more like the standard teen show than its predecessor, but nothing terrible.

scooterfan360

Reaction score
Point taken as well.

Then again, just about any show Chuck Lorre cranks out is pretty bad... and everybody claims Tyler Perry's shows and movies are "racist"...
Oh Tyler Perry's movies are not racist , but they do contain a lot of drama. And annoying characters like , madea and mr brown. The drama and those two annoying characters, make me ill.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Saved by the Bell is a lot more like the typical modern teen-com than Boy Meets World was (you know, just pure fluff). Yeah, Boy Meets World did have some stereotypical characters (especially early on), but they weren't afraid to deal with tougher material, or give the characters depth beyond just teen stereotypes. And it actually treated the adults (parents, teachers, etc.) like real people instead of buffoons or dictators, which is rare for a teen sitcom.
No doubt that Boy Meets World is a deeper, better, stronger show than that meh, formulaic Saved by the Bell. I have to admit, I thought BMW was okay, but I was never really a fan.

And I'll admit that Girl Meets World is better than Disney's standard "we're only doing this for the record contract" type factory sitcoms. Do we really need a generic show called "I Didn't Do it?" Half the shows blend in with each other.