Weird leaked Spider-man Movie news

Drtooth

Reaction score
Needless to say, the second movie gave them a bad reaction and getting a bad overreaction out of them. This week, some odd news was leaked regarding the future of the film series.

What it boils down to is Disney actually tried to get Spider-Man into a Marvel Cinematic Movie (Captain America 3, based on a very polarizing comic book), and even suggested a MCU produced Spidey trilogy that left Sony with the profit making. Of course, those are right out for some reason. Even odder, an animated comedy film with a script by the writers of the Lego Movie. Presumably in response to plans for a Lego Batman film. And they're still talking about a female lead spinoff film.

The fact that Sony has ideas for everything but the Spidey films proper seems a bit strange. they seem to not want to let up on ownership of the franchise, yet they're scrambling as to what to do with it.

Meanwhile, if there's any film franchise that should revert to Disney, it's Fantastic Four. Say what you will about Amazing Spider-Man 2, the new FF sounds awful. FF is all about incredibly stupid, goofy, wacky plotlines and that's what made it great. A grounded one where Doom is an internet troll? Why...why did we hate the first films again?

Eyeball

Reaction score
Yeah I find the Dr doom origin in this one a little bit lame, what next, the molemans going to be some sort of horder lol.

Drtooth

Reaction score
The writers of that movie are either trolls trying to make the worst Super Hero/Comic Book film of all time to tick off the fanbase, or he's a completely oblivious pseudo-auteur that thinks his crappy vision of the Generic Super Hero Fighting Team with oh so hip and current computer references is actually profound instead of something on the level of the Underdog film. Say what you will about Amazing Spider-Man 2, but at least it was Spider-Man and not a guy who happens to also be named Spider-Man. That's what his vision of the FF is. The FF in name only. Usually I'm on a wait and see type attitude, but I've seen this crap happen to cartoons all the time, giving tepid, safe, in name only adaptions.

On that note, Sony had plans for another big hero that famously wears Red and Blue, but I don't see how that's going to work. As much as I'd love a Super Mario movie that's accurate to completely kick the butt of the live action one (talk about randomly gritty in name only adaptions), I don't see a company that markets their rival video game system getting the rights to one. And I don't see why Sony would want to bother anyway since they're not even going to get a movie tie in game on their own system. But I'd LOVE to see one happen, animated preferably.

mr3urious

Reaction score
On that note, Sony had plans for another big hero that famously wears Red and Blue, but I don't see how that's going to work. As much as I'd love a Super Mario movie that's accurate to completely kick the butt of the live action one (talk about randomly gritty in name only adaptions), I don't see a company that markets their rival video game system getting the rights to one. And I don't see why Sony would want to bother anyway since they're not even going to get a movie tie in game on their own system. But I'd LOVE to see one happen, animated preferably.
No matter who's producing it, going all animated is the wise decision.

Drtooth

Reaction score
But the rub is this. Nintendo hates the idea of any media that isn't Pokemon existing outside of purely a video game. Which is asinine as it could probably generate more interest back into Nintendo games. After all, they're pretty much getting pounded by X-box and Playstation. They even refused Archie the license for a Super Mario comic book, which Sonic the Hedgehog and Mega Man can prove they're quite capable of.

I can see why they'd be skittish towards another movie or TV show, since (well, I don't have to explain what's screwed up the movie) the cartoon series had 1980's cartoon syndrome well into the early 90's. Even then, Japan didn't exactly produce a wealth of Mario anime... the movie, some fairy tale based OVA's and some weird thing made for an unsuccessful kid's phone based video game. Which is truly a shame since if they could make a Mario series themselves that looked half as good as this commercial, it would be a license to print money.

They're way too overprotective of their characters. Yet, they dumped the dull FZero cartoon on the world. I'd say something about Kirby, but I love that one, even though he's Dr. Slumped out of the focus of his own show named after him.

It's about darn time we have some sort of outside Mario media, even if just a comic book.

mr3urious

Reaction score
But the rub is this. Nintendo hates the idea of any media that isn't Pokemon existing outside of purely a video game. Which is asinine as it could probably generate more interest back into Nintendo games. After all, they're pretty much getting pounded by X-box and Playstation. They even refused Archie the license for a Super Mario comic book, which Sonic the Hedgehog and Mega Man can prove they're quite capable of.
Though the Wii U is catching up with the releases of the Mario Kart and Smash Bros. games, and actually making them turn a profit for the first time in years.

Anyways, back to Spidey. I can't imagine Dr. Doom being an Internet troll, not even in Ultimate Spider-Man. I can kinda imagine it working in another Phineas & Ferb Marvel crossover, where some of the villains acted a little goofier than they usually did anyway.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Anyways, back to Spidey. I can't imagine Dr. Doom being an Internet troll, not even in Ultimate Spider-Man. I can kinda imagine it working in another Phineas & Ferb Marvel crossover, where some of the villains acted a little goofier than they usually did anyway.
Dr. Doom as an internet troll is a Robot Chicken skit. Well, played for laughs that is. This is going to not only be played straight, but it's going to played as a big, scary thing. I guess he's supposed to be some ...ehhh... evil Eastern Bloc Anonymous or something. But that's like a lame 50 year old white guy's understanding of the internet. And it totally isn't written by one. I actually don't mind Johnny's Race Lift (though his white sister is still white). I mean, no one's going to come out and make a Static Shock movie. But this film's script is written by someone who thinks he's an artist, but is tackling the Fantastic Four like Disney tackled Inspector Gadget and Underdog. They got the names sort of right and the thinnest semblances of the concepts (cybernetic guy, super hero dog), but replaced everything else with generic, idiotic, uncreative garbage.

Meanwhile, Fox has already expected this even worse version of the FF is going to be successful, and Sony, after screwing up it's own Spidey sequel, is so conflicted that they don't know what to do with the film series proper but still wants to press forward with a Spidey Cinematic Universe. Even though they desperately want to change Spider-Man. I seriously think they should have kept the third film on track for 2017. Iron Man 2 was reportedly bad somehow, but the third one managed to turn the entire franchise around.

Though the Wii U is catching up with the releases of the Mario Kart and Smash Bros. games, and actually making them turn a profit for the first time in years.
The thing about Nintendo's rival companies is that they're more than willing to have a secondary medium, be it comics or animation. Doodle Jump has a comic book. DOODLE JUMP has...a...comic book. And look at how much Angry Birds wants to get into different media. And those are app games. Sonic has a cartoon series and 3 comic books running co-currently one being a tie in of the cartoon. The one really good thing I can say about Nintendo is that it chucked the toy license from that awful German (was it German?) company and gave it to the more than capable Jakkspacific. Those are far better collectibles at any rate. And more characters.

Drtooth

Reaction score
The rumors have become reality. Sony and Marvel will share Spider-Man with a second reboot film produced by Marvel coming in 2017. He can now be part of the MCU projects, but no word on it being before or after his debut film.

Drtooth

Reaction score
So a year later with Spider-Man's official debut in Civil War, we have news about the next Spider-Man film. But there's more news involving the Spider-Man animated movie.

The animated movie will be about Miles Morales and be sort of kind of connected to the other new Spider-Man films.

This is a great compromise. Back when rumors of who was playing Spider-Man were floating around there was loose talk of either a racelift or Miles being Spider-Man. Of course, that's pretty much a telephone game of what news was being spread at the time. No way was Disney going to have Miles when they have the iconic Peter Parker (though Ant-Man went with Scott Lang, making Hank Pym the original inventor), and whatever feelings that could be stirred up about Pete getting a race-lift, thankfully they decided to keep it iconic (though they aged down Aunt May, and I say good for them. I never liked her being the load for Spidey).