Big Bird and Thog

Mr Sweetums

Reaction score
I was looking through pictures on the Muppet Wiki and came across this http://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net..._bodied.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20141215012723 :wisdom: whoever uploaded this thank you very much, best surprise Muppet picture I've seen in a long time. Apparently this picture is from The Dick Cavett Show which hosted a Thanksgiving Muppet themed episode and best of all I found it on Youtube.

I consider myself a huge Muppet fan but I had never heard of this until now, I thought I'd share it with you guys for those who like me had no idea this existed. Best of all it includes Jim Henson, I'm halfway though it at the moment and it's fantastic.

:jim::jim::jim:

LamangoNumber2

Reaction score
As the one who uploaded it, you're welcome. I enjoy watching Jerry mess around in Thog's suit. Near the end, Thog even leans back a good way and relaxes. Just don't know why it's so tiny. I uploaded it at a pretty decent size.

Mr Sweetums

Reaction score
Thank you so much for uploading that, it's great quality considering how old it is, what an amazing special. :cluck:

The Snowths must be performed by Frank Oz in that sketch because they sound so much like Miss Piggy, it's so weird. I also like seeing the "muppet fan" side of Jim Henson, hearing him describe all these obscure characters by name, knowing where they all first appeared, I know it's obvious he would know but I love hearing him talk about it. I also think this is the most I've ever heard Thog talk.

On a side note this is such a big coincidence, we had our first conversation last week and then out of all the videos found on the world wide web I post a message concerning something you've uploaded. :zany::crazy::zany:

minor muppetz

Reaction score
It's so weird seeing Thog sitting. I didn't think the costume was built to be able to sit without breaking/ruining it a little.

Additionally, it's odd that they used the pre-frog Kermit (with non-flipper feet) for "I've Grown Accustomed to Your Face" when the more famous Kermit look had been built and was used there (and it's more odd seeing the more famous "Kermit the Frog" Kermit used for the Inch Worm bit).

Mr Sweetums

Reaction score
Poor Jerry Nelson, it must be so difficult performing Thog, it was weird seeing him sitting down but when he was dancing he was getting very close to the steps leading up to the second level, I wonder if someone had to advice him through his ear piece about being careful.

I also realized that about Kermit's feet and I'm so glad to know I'm not the only one who notices these things :smile::fanatic::smile::fanatic::smile::fanatic: