When you need to rant...

Drtooth

Reaction score
That explains why they took Hi Hi Puffy AmiYumi off the air…*is sad about it*
That show was moderately successful at best, and frankly, it wasn't that good. You could call the show anything with the exact same scripts and it would have worked. Not that band based cartoons were exactly good, and it's actually the best of the examples. It was supposedly a hit in the band's native Japan. I'd hope they filled it up with Woolyism. But it's mild success does have quite a bit with the network head at the time having a major obsession with them and using the cartoon to springboard them into mainstream American success. that was a while before the dreaded Mooninitegate that got everyone fired.

But I'd question the wisdom of any cartoon addressing anorexia. The characters don't look like real people even on a good day, lol. It's probably a better idea to create a parallel issue for the characters to face, that can serve to teach the same lessons.
It's a sad state that American Dad managed to tackle the topic better than both shows... but I respect what Doug tried, and laugh at the complete idiocy of what Maxie's World did. It's called "Fat Chance" if you look it up on YT. But messages or not, Maxie's World was garbage. Cheap garbage. No wonder it's completely forgotten. Plus, you could make a drinking game of how many times they say "surf" or "surfing." Seriously, there are a lot of 80's cartoons with camp charm or narm charm... this wasn't one of them. It's too poor to even be so Bad it's good. Girls certainly deserve better than that. No wonder why Barbie never had a cartoon series back then. Something that quality would have hurt the brand.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Well what's the movie about exactly?
I don't really know... I caught a glimpse of an interview with her, and she was saying a woman goes on a hike that symbolizes her going on a journey to find out who she really is and stuff; they brought up the fact that she appears nude in the movie, has a lot of sex scenes, she boasted about doing it all herself and not using a body double, and when asked if her kids would see the movie, she was all, "Yeah, kids are smart, they should be able to see this stuff."

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
they brought up the fact that she appears nude in the movie, has a lot of sex scenes, she boasted about doing it all herself and not using a body double
For some reason, this part made me laugh, lol. :insatiable:

Drtooth

Reaction score
I'm adding a new rant.

SERIOUSLY, NICKELODEON?!?!?!

A Kids React TV series? Oh yeah! That's great. A lousier version of something you can see for free online that's about 5 years old. Really? You're trying one of those again?! Especially since no one liked any of the other ones and they were considered hue failures, you're doing the same exact crappy show again? No one liked Fred, No one liked Awesomness TV... why would you think something that barely worked in 5 minute intervals will work for 20 minutes at a time especially when the last 3 times they were utter failures?!

WalterLinz

Reaction score
I'm adding a new rant.

SERIOUSLY, NICKELODEON?!?!?!

A Kids React TV series? Oh yeah! That's great. A lousier version of something you can see for free online that's about 5 years old. Really? You're trying one of those again?! Especially since no one liked any of the other ones and they were considered hue failures, you're doing the same exact crappy show again? No one liked Fred, No one liked Awesomness TV... why would you think something that barely worked in 5 minute intervals will work for 20 minutes at a time especially when the last 3 times they were utter failures?!
This was my exact reaction when I saw a commercial for this lol...

mr3urious

Reaction score
What Sony and those theater franchises did with canceling the release of The Interview was really cowardly, especially considering that North Korea has made many terrorist threats against their Southern neighbors, but they just get laughed off because they're all bark and no bite according to Cracked. Why should we react any differently?

Last edited:

Drtooth

Reaction score
That's what I said in another thread. They can make all the lame-butt propaganda they want and no one cares, but so help us if we dare to make a clearly tongue in cheek propaganda-esque movie.

Kim Jong Il didn't try to kill the creators of South Park over Team America:World Police. And we've been doing some real stuff to evil dictators in our history of propaganda films and cartoons. Granted, we're not at war with NK, but it's our right to make fun of the little 1980's cartoon villain that's running their country.

I'm sure that the hackers, if actually North Korean financed (which I'm starting to doubt), were doing it for the money... as in the money that really should be spent on food for the people.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
GAH!

TBS has reverted back to their every commercial break, "D00D! W3 PL@Y B!G B@NG TH30RY ALL DA TIM! U H@V3 2 W@TCH B!G B@NG TH30RY ON TBS C0$ B!G B@NG TH30RY S 0N @LL DA TIM!" advertising!

WE GET THE FREAKIN' POINT, TBS! YOU PLAY THE BIG BANG THEORY, WE GET IT! YOU TOLD US A BILLION TIMES, YOU PLAY THE BIG BANG THEORY... SO DOES, LIKE, THREE OTHER CHANNELS... WE GET IT!!!

Drtooth

Reaction score
Those kinds of cable networks run nothing but sitcoms and the same movies over and over. I like TBS being the place to see new American Dads, but yeah... Big Bang Theory can be seen like everywhere else. Still not as bad as F.R.I.E.N.D.S. which is like on every channel that runs sitcoms and syndication.

And FX... would it have killed them to rerun Archer during the season break? You know... instead of constantly showing Battleship which no one liked?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Isn't FX pretty much like the cable equivilent of those $5 discount DVD bins at Walmart?