Questions about anything

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Is it wrong that I'm a little bothered over the fact that most of the family in Home Alone isn't directly mentioned by name, or barely is? Kevin's siblings are mentioned by name a few times when they don't appear on-screen, but besides Buzz it seems like the mentions of their names are barely noticible (it seems Jeff is only directly referred to by name once, and it's in a scene that is often cut on television). I was watching the movie recently and only now noticed that Megan is mentioned by name a couple of times where I didn't notice. And with Kevin's cousins it's worse, as aside from Fuller I don't think any are mentioned by name at all (not even the one who Buzz tells about Old Man Marley). When Kevin tells a store Santa to tell the real Santa to bring his family back, he mentions each of his brothers and sisters by name, but then asks for his aunt and cousins (and Uncle Frank if there's time). In fact I can't remember the mother's name off-hand.

But I guess it's a bad case of having too many family members to really develop and devote screen time to in a single movie.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Is it wrong that I'm a little bothered over the fact that most of the family in Home Alone isn't directly mentioned by name, or barely is? Kevin's siblings are mentioned by name a few times when they don't appear on-screen, but besides Buzz it seems like the mentions of their names are barely noticible (it seems Jeff is only directly referred to by name once, and it's in a scene that is often cut on television). I was watching the movie recently and only now noticed that Megan is mentioned by name a couple of times where I didn't notice. And with Kevin's cousins it's worse, as aside from Fuller I don't think any are mentioned by name at all (not even the one who Buzz tells about Old Man Marley). When Kevin tells a store Santa to tell the real Santa to bring his family back, he mentions each of his brothers and sisters by name, but then asks for his aunt and cousins (and Uncle Frank if there's time). In fact I can't remember the mother's name off-hand.

But I guess it's a bad case of having too many family members to really develop and devote screen time to in a single movie.
Well I think that's part of the point. There's so many kids, it's all too easy for the adults to see them as a single unit and not notice when one of them is missing.

Drtooth

Reaction score
In the case of Power Rangers and the original Super Sentai that it was based on, (where the original yellow Sentai was a guy while the Yellow Ranger is a girl) I think it's either a) the producers of Power Rangers wanted at least one more girl to make it slightly more gender neutral or b) yellow is a 'girl colour'.
Oh, no doubt they wanted to add another female ranger to the group for the American version. Now, my question is, why didn't they catch the fact they made the African American Ranger black and the Asian one yellow? Seems like the first thing they should have caught.

Once heard someone complain that they made the girl one pink, but that's not the same as the original Japanese production did that one.

mr3urious

Reaction score
Oh, no doubt they wanted to add another female ranger to the group for the American version. Now, my question is, why didn't they catch the fact they made the African American Ranger black and the Asian one yellow? Seems like the first thing they should have caught.

Once heard someone complain that they made the girl one pink, but that's not the same as the original Japanese production did that one.
And with Power Rangers Zeo, they made Tommy the Red Ranger... who would later be revealed to have Native American roots. :stick_out_tongue:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Now, my question is, why didn't they catch the fact they made the African American Ranger black and the Asian one yellow?
They did. VH-1's I LOVE THE 90s did a segment about PR, they had him as a commentator, and he said people ask him all the time, "You're the Black Ranger, why did they put you in a black suit?"

AlittleMayhem

Reaction score
According to the web series 'History of the Power Rangers', the original runners of the show claim that they literally did not realise their mistake until around the tenth episode...but then proceeded to make the same mistake by making Tommy, played by a Native American actor, a red ranger.

Erm...oops?

True, but I would still pay good money to see a male Pink Power Ranger/Super Sentai! They recently made a black girl a pink ranger for the first time so I see why not.

Last edited:

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Is the Nintendo 64 old enough now to be considered an "old school" game system? Ditto with the original PlayStation, Sega Dreamcast, and other systems that came out around that time?