Palisades style Mini Muppet project update thread

ResidentLilly

Reaction score
Can't wait to see. Definitely agree that Sal doesn't need any articulation on the legs looking at the prototype of him It doesn't look like palisades was going to it either.
We actually were planning on articulation, just so you know. In the legs and a lot of other places. Always remember the painted protos were just the start of things. We did a lot of work after that with engineering in some joints.

This photo is a stage one factory gypsum model. I call it stage one because we hadn't gone in to do any fine tuning on it yet. There was more work to do on likeness and more articulation to add in, more work to do in fur, etc. It was as basic as basic gets. I don't know that I ever showed this.

BobbyBenson64

Reaction score
We actually were planning on articulation, just so you know. In the legs and a lot of other places. Always remember the painted protos were just the start of things. We did a lot of work after that with engineering in some joints.

This photo is a stage one factory gypsum model. I call it stage one because we hadn't gone in to do any fine tuning on it yet. There was more work to do on likeness and more articulation to add in, more work to do in fur, etc. It was as basic as basic gets. I don't know that I ever showed this.

That's awesome

Dearth

Reaction score
Been busy with other things for a while, just wandered back in here after watching MMW three times in the last two days.

Awesome pic, ResidentLilly! Thank you for sharing that!

Any word from MWoO?

Alex

Dearth

Reaction score
Hey, MWoO, whatever happened with these projects?

Alex

floydnjanicefan

Reaction score
Just seeing this thread for the first time now. Man, that Fozzie is amazing! I would definitely be interested in seeing and paying for a Sal as well as some of the other characters mentioned. So cool!

beaker

Reaction score
Ken is back! I still feel bad for all the flack and headache Ken and company often got by everyone on here:smile:

Yeah, ten years after the end of the Palisades line, Sal was the main figure that almost was but never came to be that irks me for not happening.

MWoO

Reaction score
Well, it's certainly been awhile. I don't know where to begin, so I will start with why I've been gone about 4 years.

4 years ago I ended up having to take a job that required about 5 hours or more per day of travel via mass transit. I worked 10 hours per day and my days off were split with a day off every 3 to 4 days. Needless to say, I did not have a lot of free time. During this time I had to stop all work on the project. I ended up getting another job closer to home roughly 3 years ago, but the had me putting in the same amount of time, just with less travel. The time I saved in travel was basically spent working.

During this time the basement I used as a studio flooded and had to get major work done. All my stuff got packed into storage. I went though a very rough break up, became severely depressed, gained a lot of weight due to job stress and depression, and pretty much gave up any hope of ever having time or sheer will to return to any time consuming project.

Fast forward to July 2018. I lost my job. The job I gave up my whole personal life for, gave up my free time for, and gave up my emotional and physical well being for. It hit pretty hard and for a month I didn't even know what to do. I have yet to find a job, can barely seem to get called for an interview. 2 weeks ago or so I decided to start digging through the garage and found all my old art stuff, my older painted Fozzie pieces, even my old Palisades collection which I had boxed up. So, I cleared out my dining room which I never use and set up a new space and revisited the Fozzie piece.

Last I left it I needed to make the second piece of Fozzie's tie, his hat, and a small wood floor base. Done, done, and done. But when looking at the old heads they seemed...ugly. Like...real ugly. So I decided to fix that too.

Old head on the left, new head on the right. I learned to cast wax into my mold and popped out a copy from an old mold that I could reshape. The wax shrinks a bit so the head is a little smaller, but it seems to be better proportioned to the body (not pictured yet). I've got enough pieces to make 8 by weeks end, fulled painted and assembled.

I'm sorry for the vanishing act without a trace, but it's been a really crappy and rough 4 years for me, especially the last few months. Finishing this longer over due piece is really helping my sanity.

If anyone still had any interest I will be putting the 8 finished pieces out there for sale. I'll use the proceeds to buy new resin as the stuff I've got went bad (I mean, it is 4 years old). I'll have more details by weeks end.

jobi71

Reaction score
Well, it's certainly been awhile. I don't know where to begin, so I will start with why I've been gone about 4 years.

4 years ago I ended up having to take a job that required about 5 hours or more per day of travel via mass transit. I worked 10 hours per day and my days off were split with a day off every 3 to 4 days. Needless to say, I did not have a lot of free time. During this time I had to stop all work on the project. I ended up getting another job closer to home roughly 3 years ago, but the had me putting in the same amount of time, just with less travel. The time I saved in travel was basically spent working.

During this time the basement I used as a studio flooded and had to get major work done. All my stuff got packed into storage. I went though a very rough break up, became severely depressed, gained a lot of weight due to job stress and depression, and pretty much gave up any hope of ever having time or sheer will to return to any time consuming project.

Fast forward to July 2018. I lost my job. The job I gave up my whole personal life for, gave up my free time for, and gave up my emotional and physical well being for. It hit pretty hard and for a month I didn't even know what to do. I have yet to find a job, can barely seem to get called for an interview. 2 weeks ago or so I decided to start digging through the garage and found all my old art stuff, my older painted Fozzie pieces, even my old Palisades collection which I had boxed up. So, I cleared out my dining room which I never use and set up a new space and revisited the Fozzie piece.

Last I left it I needed to make the second piece of Fozzie's tie, his hat, and a small wood floor base. Done, done, and done. But when looking at the old heads they seemed...ugly. Like...real ugly. So I decided to fix that too.

Old head on the left, new head on the right. I learned to cast wax into my mold and popped out a copy from an old mold that I could reshape. The wax shrinks a bit so the head is a little smaller, but it seems to be better proportioned to the body (not pictured yet). I've got enough pieces to make 8 by weeks end, fulled painted and assembled.

I'm sorry for the vanishing act without a trace, but it's been a really crappy and rough 4 years for me, especially the last few months. Finishing this longer over due piece is really helping my sanity.

If anyone still had any interest I will be putting the 8 finished pieces out there for sale. I'll use the proceeds to buy new resin as the stuff I've got went bad (I mean, it is 4 years old). I'll have more details by weeks end.
My fellow Muppet fan - I am sorry you have had some rough patches in your life. I hope things take a turn for the better, and I know this may seem silly or obvious - is there a Muppet vid/production you could watch to amuse or clear your head? I hope so. I know you just from chat but I hope only good things for you.

MWoO

Reaction score
My fellow Muppet fan - I am sorry you have had some rough patches in your life. I hope things take a turn for the better, and I know this may seem silly or obvious - is there a Muppet vid/production you could watch to amuse or clear your head? I hope so. I know you just from chat but I hope only good things for you.
Thank you for the kind words. Right now the only thing that would make me feel any better is a job.

On a lighter note, ive got a picture of the brick wall for fozzies stand. Ive got what would be considered a test shot that has been glued together, waiting for it to dry before i can take a pictures. Untill then, here is the brick wall.

Hopefully the glue sets up soon because i really want to show off the final product after all this time.

MWoO

Reaction score

And here we have the finished product next to the Jim Henson figure from Palisades and the Rainbow Connection Robin and Kermit. Of course Fozzie's scale is smaller as he is meant to work with the mini muppet line.

The figure represents Fozzie bombing on stage and is in scale with the Diamond Select Statler and Waldorf set as this Fozzie and the diamond Fozzie are essentially the same size.

Though I am not happy that it took this long to get a finished product, I am much happier with how it turned out not than if I had tried to finish this 4 years ago. The head sculpt is far better both in size and likeness. His eyes use to be WAAAAYYY too big for his face, as was the nose.

In a weeks time I'll have a new thread up with a link for purchase if anyone is still interested.

Last edited: