The Muppet Movement: 50 States 50 calls to Disney

Muppet Master

Reaction score
If the hold up is just for music rights than I find it strange that all of the people who owned songs from the other seasons let them, I mean maybe the company is focusing on its profitable stuff sadly, but we can still try.

Muppet Master

Reaction score
Your the only one who seems to be excited about it. So if you come up with a good one, I'll gladly buy you a Muppet DVD of your choice.
I would not want to waste money, all I would really ask would be a TMS season one cover since my copy does not have one or a VMX DVD if I was to win the competition.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
If I'm from other country (live in Mexico) how can o help?
Well that is a very good question, and as of right this minute I do not have a good solid answer. Let me do some digging and I will have a better answer in the next few days. More then likely it will be an E-Mail address that you would be able to send requests to.

Welcome Aboard

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Happy New Years Everyone!

I know that the movement has been kind of quite for the last few months, but the reasons for that where 1. to regroup, and see what direction the movement needs to go towards next. 2. I kind of thought with the holidays people would be to busy to really focus any time and energy to the movement.

Now that the first 50 States 50 calls event, and the holidays are out of the way it is time to buckle down, and really try and get this movement started.

We need to set some time lines, and some goals, and we also need to try and find out the honest truth as to what the hold up really is. I'm going to tap into my very limited friends list, and try to get us some inside support. If anyone has any connections with anyone who works with Disney, or the Muppets please let me know. If we can get some people on the inside to listen to us then we just might have a chance.

Another thing that we absolutely need is the support of fans. the one reason why Marvel, and Star Wars are doing so well, and have really become a huge part of the Disney family is because of there fans. Both Marvel and Star Wars have a huge Die-Hard fan base, and that is something that the Muppets have, but it is not as united, and well known as the other two I mentioned.
That being said if we have any contributors to the Muppet Mindset, and you would like to do a piece on the Movement please contact me by PM so we can talk that out. I was told that the mindset was very excited about the movement, and that it would be featured in not one but two pieces, and it never happened.

Lastly, as for the contest we started, it's still going on, and if anyone has any questions about it please let me know.

I look forward to the year ahead, and hope that we can at least get somewhere with getting the Muppet Show season 4 & 5 on DVD.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
So what I'm doing now sine a lot of folks are saying that it is the song rights is I'm putting together a list of all the songs used in Season Four and then trying to find who originally wrote the song. If anyone would like to help with this list please let me know.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Well you'd have to maybe go to Wiki and see what publishing group owns the rights to each song.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Well you'd have to maybe go to Wiki and see what publishing group owns the rights to each song.
That's what I'm trying to do as well. So far I have been gotten all of the first episode John Denver, and at least one of the songs "Trees" they have used at least twice on the show before. Which Ironically that song was the UK spot for the John Denver show. Which means that it's not what I thought and that it was all the UK spots that would be an issue.
Something I also did a little digging on is public domain Music, and fave found a website with a list of all the songs under public domain. Here is something I also learned about music that is under PD:

"Any Song or Musical Work Published in 1922 or Earlier is in the Public Domain in the USA.
No Sound Recordings are PD in the USA due to a tangled complexity of Federal and State Law."

This could also be useful our searching, because I know they did like to use alot of older songs, so we will see.

Last edited by a moderator:

Duke Remington

Reaction score
So what I'm doing now sine a lot of folks are saying that it is the song rights is I'm putting together a list of all the songs used in Season Four and then trying to find who originally wrote the song. If anyone would like to help with this list please let me know.
There's also the estates of the guest stars that we need to go after as well.

Also, the info on who wrote the songs can be found on the Muppet Wiki.

Muppet Master

Reaction score
That's what I'm trying to do as well. So far I have been gotten all of the first episode John Denver, and at least one of the songs "Trees" they have used at least twice on the show before. Which Ironically that song was the UK spot for the John Denver show. Which means that it's not what I thought and that it was all the UK spots that would be an issue.
Something I also did a little digging on is public domain Music, and fave found a website with a list of all the songs under public domain. Here is something I also learned about music that is under PD:

"Any Song or Musical Work Published in 1922 or Earlier is in the Public Domain in the USA.
No Sound Recordings are PD in the USA due to a tangled complexity of Federal and State Law."

This could also be useful our searching, because I know they did like to use alot of older songs, so we will see.
If that is true than a lot of songs can be used, because many are from that year or before then.