R.I.P. Stuart Scott

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I'm not a big sports guy myself, but I'm familiar enough with this guy (I've seen him on TV a number of times) and was surprised to read that he just died after losing a battle with cancer.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
It wasn't just "a" battle with cancer, it was apparently his third bout in dealing with said disease. There were beautiful pieces on ESPN this morning, including his full speech from the 2014 Espyes after receiving the annual Jimmy V Foundation award. A lot of the regular commentators were choked with emotion and it came through in their thoughts on their former colleague.

RIP Mr. Stuart Scott indeed.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
No worries, after all, it's still the same unfortunate outcome. Hearing the ESPN people talk about it, especially the part about how he is survived by his wife and two daughters got to me. :cry:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
IIRC, and I may be wrong, but I think he substituted for Tom Bergeron for a sports-themed episode of AFV. That, and I think he's also been a featured commentator on those old VH1 I LOVE... shows.

MuppetsRule

Reaction score
It wasn't just "a" battle with cancer, it was apparently his third bout in dealing with said disease. There were beautiful pieces on ESPN this morning, including his full speech from the 2014 Espyes after receiving the annual Jimmy V Foundation award. A lot of the regular commentators were choked with emotion and it came through in their thoughts on their former colleague.

RIP Mr. Stuart Scott indeed.
The speech he give at the ESPYs was very inspirational and worth the 7 minutes to view it.

charlietheowl

Reaction score
Very sad to hear of his death, it was clear when watching ESPN and other sports programs today how beloved he was. He will be missed on Sports Center and Monday Night Countdown. Here's a fun clip from last year of him "fighting" Michael Smith.