Muppets Most Wanted: What went wrong?

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I don't want it to go down as me saying that TMM and MTM are more genuine in emotion than TM,
Feel free to say that, lol. I'm not beholden to TM in any way. I just said it had a more obvious hook for audiences.

Well, I'd say that The Muppet Movie and Muppets take Manhattan were emotional, but not manipulatively so.
MTM is the one that really comes dangerously close. After awhile, you just start thinking, "My God, what else can happen to these guys?!" Lol. Particularly the soundtrack, it is there to constantly remind you of what Kermit has lost and what he needs to regain. I get the same vibe sometimes from Fraggle Rock and The Christmas Toy. But I don't mean that as a criticism at all. It's fine because I do care about these characters and I want to go through that emotional rollercoaster with them. There's something life affirming about our ability to empathize with tragedy, and then rejoice when things get better.

Last edited:

snichols1973

Reaction score
:smile: & :embarrassed:: ♫ We're doing a sequel, that's what we do in Hollywood, And everybody knows the sequel's never quite as good....♫

---"We're Doing a Sequel", Muppets Most Wanted

ferrell

Reaction score
I do admit that one of the biggest mistakes was them leaving the whole "It's the muppets again" in the opening song as the title of the movie..somebody goofed big time.

WalterLinz

Reaction score
I do admit that one of the biggest mistakes was them leaving the whole "It's the muppets again" in the opening song as the title of the movie..somebody goofed big time.
To me, when they sing "It's the Muppets Again", it sounds like they're saying that The Muppets are back again.:smile::smile:

Last edited:

BlakeConor14

Reaction score
Muppets most wanted for me was the 2nd best movie they have done for comedy and just akk round entertainment rowlf was amazing and funny nice to see link snd rizzo get rid of walter that was the low point for me

cahuenga

Reaction score
I think it was a really goog movie, I think it did worse on box office because the release date and competition with other movies. I would love to see Frank oz´s project as the next muppet movie!!!

Drtooth

Reaction score
I think it was a really goog movie, I think it did worse on box office because the release date and competition with other movies. I would love to see Frank oz´s project as the next muppet movie!!!
The more I think about it, it has to do with kid's movie fatigue. There was a solid string of Frozen, that crap freaking squirrel movie that was lucky as crap to not bomb with a small budget, Lego Movie and Peabody and Sherman. I have the feeling that releasing it that close to P&S pretty much planted the seed of "UGH! What's with all the remakes? Where's the original thing I want to hate instead?" March was overcrowded with flop movies, and I'm sure that MMW took the brunt of that. Can anyone remember any movie that came out that month that wasn't 300 part 2, Peabody and Sherman, MMW, and Di-turd-gent?

And maybe, just maybe it's the fickle movie going public going "ugh, another Muppet Movie? Where's that imaginary indie film I'd never see if it existed? Hollywood is out of ideas! I'd rather play this completely stolen concept app game that sucks my credit card dry."