HEH! Work It's been Canceled!

Drtooth

Reaction score
Read about that a few days ago, and I'm very happy about that. If they didn't I'd be very disappointed, but I'd also be glad it lasted that long. There's been such an outpouring of fan support and recognition from Fox itself the past season or so. There's actual merchandising out there, though nothing more than a five issue comic series (which Dynamite says is just a volume and will return), a couple coffee mugs, and T-shirts... they totally deserve a Funko Pop series or something.

Bob's Burgers is a scrappy little show. By all means, it's something more suited for a cable network (like Loren Bouchard shows are want), but somehow it manages to hang on with Family Guy and Simpsons. I'm very happy it does, despite the fact Fox was working to sabotage it with the 7:30 death slot. Luckily, most people agree the sitcom that shouldn't have been there was unwatchable, and Bob got a respectable not preempted by Football time slot. I'm sure it's doing really good on adult swim too, even though it kinda runs opposite itself.

Muppet Master

Reaction score
That is not much of a surprise considering it has already been effectively renewed, because there are enough episodes left for another season, so technically this confirms that the show will probably be on for seven seasons at least. Galavant is doing okay, but will sadly probably be cancelled since it is not doing that well.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
It's not doing poorly enough to be cancelled. It doesn't look like it was even intended beyond its 8-episode run.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I don't know exactly what deal was made with that show, but there was a savvy realistic thinking between network and the show creators knew the show wasn't going to be a long lasting thing, and they kept a self contained 8 episode storyline. A storyline that went on any further would have no doubt lead to cancellation on a cliffhanger like their other show. ABC seems to just be using the show as a midseason break to stir up tension with that fairy tale crossover fan fic show. I honestly wouldn't have seen another place for it on the network.

I'm glad they found an audience with their Wed Night sitcoms, though.

Muppet Master

Reaction score
Well, sadly the ratings for Galavant fell a lot, it will probably be cancelled unless the finale can get better ratings. Anyways, back to the reason this thread was made, looking backing at Work It, the trailers on Youtube, I really do not understand why I who was a ten year old at the time watched it, the dialouge was much too adult for a kid.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I don't think they planned on it running past the 8 episodes no matter how well it did.

Meanwhile, I was delighted to see another Big Bang in The McCarthys' spot. If that's indeed cancelled, good freaking riddance.

And I'm also delighted that 2 and a Half Men isn't even waiting until May to finally end. bet it's going to end on a really passive aggressive Charlie Sheen screw you note.

Muppet Master

Reaction score
I don't think they planned on it running past the 8 episodes no matter how well it did.

Meanwhile, I was delighted to see another Big Bang in The McCarthys' spot. If that's indeed cancelled, good freaking riddance.

And I'm also delighted that 2 and a Half Men isn't even waiting until May to finally end. bet it's going to end on a really passive aggressive Charlie Sheen screw you note.
Though, that terrible show that I used to like that airs after it got renewed even though it was only supposed to be eight episodes, but it got better ratings than Galavant sadly. Well, tonight is the finale, hope it is good. The only part I like about Galavant being over is that I can watch Brooklyn Nine Nine again after four weeks of another show.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I'm disappoint.

Apparently, McCarthy's was just off for a week. Seriously. the freaking laugh track is on a timer. Bullcrap that it's filmed in front of a live audience, unless they pump a crapload of Nitrous Oxide into the studio.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Hate double posting, but I just love how not only did Bad Judge get cancelled, it's on TVTropes' "So Bad it's Horrible" page.

And it's going to be available on MOD DVD, as if anyone's clamoring for it.