Preserving Character Soakies (Shampoo/Bubble Bath)

muppetperson

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me if leaving the solution in the container can lead to the plastic deteriating?
My sister has shampoo bottles out in the shed and I have noticed that a lot are cracking and leaking out. So is the plastic just cracking by itself, or is it the acidity in the soap that is doing it? Just wondering if I should be emptying my soakie bottle out!

Drtooth

Reaction score
Oh, man... I just dump the liquids out of them fast as I can, so I wouldn't be of much use there.

Personally, I'm disappointed they don't really have those anymore. Just cheap bottles with characters on the labels. I mean, what's the point of licensed bath products when you're essentially just paying extra for a sticker you can't even remove and put somewhere else? Just buy Mr. Bubble or something.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Well, if they've been kept out in the shed, you don't suppose that the change in temperature and weather has something to do with it, between getting hot in the summer and cold in the winter?

muppetperson

Reaction score
Well, if they've been kept out in the shed, you don't suppose that the change in temperature and weather has something to do with it, between getting hot in the summer and cold in the winter?
Could be. Just needed to know if the soap might be a factor. I think I might empty out my bottle to be on the safe side.