Questions about anything

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Why is it whenever an entertainer dies, their obituaries name them as the "star" of certain series when they only did guest appearances? For example, this Taylor Negron chap has passed away - he apparently had a guest appearance in one of the worst episodes of SEINFELD ever, yet all online postings of his death list him as, "Star of SEINFELD (and other shows)."

Bliffenstimmers

Reaction score
Why is it whenever an entertainer dies, their obituaries name them as the "star" of certain series when they only did guest appearances?
I'm guessing some people would recognize and relate to the shows they've been in rather than the stars themselves, and so that will draw in more of the reader's attention.

Bliffenstimmers

Reaction score
Where can I find a Fox McCloud plush?

:sleep: :boo:
eBay will probably be your best bet. I don't think they'd be in any stores anymore, maybe the Nintendo Store, but somehow I doubt it. Try Googling around if all else fails.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
The following thing that I ask is probably dangerous, so if you don't know the answer, I do not recommend trying just to find out for me.

If you're driving really fast - and by that, I mean you stepped on the gas all the way, driving the fastest that your car can possibly go, and you go up a hill, will that cause your car to fly up into the air?

And if you're driving up or down a really tall/steep hill, or even up or down a mountain road, is it dangerous to put the car in reverse and drive up/down the hill backwards? Even if you're only backing up a little bit?

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
Speaking from experience, once upon a time I had a Pontiac Sunbird which had a V6 engine and weighed less than 2000 pounds. So it is/was possible to go uphill, gun the motor, and catch a few seconds of air time.

Backing up on a steep hill can put wear and tear on your brakes. And if you shift gears too fast you can damage your transmission, which costs a small fortune to fix.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
The following thing that I ask is probably dangerous, so if you don't know the answer, I do not recommend trying just to find out for me.

If you're driving really fast - and by that, I mean you stepped on the gas all the way, driving the fastest that your car can possibly go, and you go up a hill, will that cause your car to fly up into the air?

And if you're driving up or down a really tall/steep hill, or even up or down a mountain road, is it dangerous to put the car in reverse and drive up/down the hill backwards? Even if you're only backing up a little bit?
I don't know, but let me go find out for you.

*Twenty minutes later, D'Snowth is rushed to the hospital, where he pronounced D.O.A.: dumb on arrival*

Drtooth

Reaction score
So, George Zimmerman's been arrested... again... which begs the question, why don't they just lock him up and keep him there? Oh yeah... because it's Florida, where, just like California, you can get away with everything.
I'm just laughing over that one. The guy has had a history of bad behavior before he shot that kid, so naturally they let him be a prominent, gun carrying member of the neighborhood watch. Then he continues on his famous anger problems after the half jury of scared white upper-middle class women (the easiest group of people to scare, mind you) didn't even strip him of his position or gun for disobeying police orders... and he keeps going to jail. Seriously...

Then again, there was a news story about a local person who was driving without a license and caught drunk driving like his fifth or something time. I'm sure they stripped him of his license, why the heck not bar him from ever driving aga.... OH wait, nothing's going to stop a dangerous idiot if he's going to drive without a license. Duh! Jerk should've been locked up permanently.