Questions about anything

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Well, considering the Republican party is pretty much regaining control, he probably feels he stands a better chance of winning this time.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
It would be wonderful to find ONE politician people can actually get behind. Somebody who is motivated by serving people rather than their own personal vendettas. Someone who does not need to pander to special interest groups.

Our current governor Chris Christie has made vague mentions (and then denying them) of running in 2016. Whether he's capable of actually doing a credible job, or if he'd fall into the same corrupt machine, is anybody's guess.

At least as governor he cleaned up a lot of the mess his two predecessors left behind.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
It would be wonderful to find ONE politician people can actually get behind. Somebody who is motivated by serving people rather than their own personal vendettas. Someone who does not need to pander to special interest groups.
That'll only happen in our dreams. :sigh:

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Considering that Shout recently cleared a lot of the music from WKRP for DVD, have those clearances also applied to TV reruns? I've watched reruns of the show for the first time in years this week, and haven't noticed any songs that I'm aware of, but it's possible I just hadn't heard of those songs. And one of those episodes I saw this week was Johnny Returns, where the station gets a new DJ who accepts cocaine from a record executive in exchange for playing songs from a record company that the station otherwise never plays, so for that episode it makes sense that the songs would be original/ones I never heard of (if it's all from the same in-universe record company then it wouldn't make sense to play popular songs, unless maybe they wanted to include some really good songs from a real-life company that didn't have many hits).

And from that same episode, Johnny Fever says that he got fired from L.A. again because he said a word on the air that was much worse than "booger", but the word was silenced from the station. Assuming it was said in the original broadcast (and wasn't always cut), can anybody say what the word was? I'm assuming it's something that would be censored here, which makes me hesitant to ask (my guesses are either the P word that can also describe a cat, which I've seen censored on this forum before when used in a cat context, or the F word that's used as a slur against homosexuals). Assuming it was said in the original broadcast, I'm guessing it's not one of the seven words on George Carlin's list of words you can't say on television (as it wouldn't have been a word you couldn't say on TV back then).

mr3urious

Reaction score
Considering that Shout recently cleared a lot of the music from WKRP for DVD, have those clearances also applied to TV reruns? I've watched reruns of the show for the first time in years this week, and haven't noticed any songs that I'm aware of, but it's possible I just hadn't heard of those songs. And one of those episodes I saw this week was Johnny Returns, where the station gets a new DJ who accepts cocaine from a record executive in exchange for playing songs from a record company that the station otherwise never plays, so for that episode it makes sense that the songs would be original/ones I never heard of (if it's all from the same in-universe record company then it wouldn't make sense to play popular songs, unless maybe they wanted to include some really good songs from a real-life company that didn't have many hits).
Later TV reruns of WKRP had just about all the songs replaced with soundalike versions, and scenes that had characters talking over them were redubbed by soundalike actors. You can thank the licensing deals that allowed the show to use the songs expiring.

Nowadays, we can be thankful that producers usually clear the rights to licensed music in advance as they often keep DVD and instant streaming releases in mind.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Later TV reruns of WKRP had just about all the songs replaced with soundalike versions, and scenes that had characters talking over them were redubbed by soundalike actors. You can thank the licensing deals that allowed the show to use the songs expiring.
What I meant was since Shout Factory released the whole series and cleared most of the music, have reruns been able to include the songs again (replacing the previous rerun copies) or have those clearances been for video only?

mr3urious

Reaction score
What I meant was since Shout Factory released the whole series and cleared most of the music, have reruns been able to include the songs again (replacing the previous rerun copies) or have those clearances been for video only?
Now that I have no idea about. I guess they'd have to re-negotiate a deal.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
How can PADDINGTON be, "Never before seen"? It's a yet another reboot of an older animated series that itself was adapted from an even older book series.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Well, regarding my question about WKRP in Cincinatti, I asked about it on Shout's facebook page (can't believe I didn't think to do that first), and was told that the clearances only apply to video (wow, not often music is cleared for video without also being cleared for television).