Billy Barkhurst

Oscarfan

Reaction score
@Oscarfan and @JonnyBMuppetMan, do you guys think you could be wrong about Billy not puppeteering Ernie in the 2 street stories he was in this season? It's kinda obvious that when watching the Vine videos and the Oprah appearance that Billy's Ernie voice sounds the same whether he's following a script or just winging it.
You can tell by the audio quality. If something's recorded in a studio, it sounds much different than the regular microphones; it's higher quality.

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
I'm just not good at that kinda thing. I do think you guys are right about Kevin only doing pre-recorded voices for most of the street stories of last season though.

Drtooth

Reaction score
You can tell by the audio quality. If something's recorded in a studio, it sounds much different than the regular microphones; it's higher quality.
I kinda get the feeling they were going to redub those street stories with Steve, but I'm getting less and less confident in that.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
Sesame Street has uploaded another video from the "Play All Day with Elmo" , this one has Ernie in it. Billy sounds very similar to John Tartaglia in this one:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Is there some special reason why these segments have to be filmed with a fish-eye lens? It looks awful, and I'm sure little kids watching will probably be wondering why Elmo's nose keeps enlarging and reducing.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
There have been more effective ways they've used the wide-angle lens, but this isn't one of those examples.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Is there some special reason why these segments have to be filmed with a fish-eye lens? It looks awful, and I'm sure little kids watching will probably be wondering why Elmo's nose keeps enlarging and reducing.
Yeah. Ernie doesn't look right either. My initial thinking was that maybe it was because Billy was given his own Ernie puppet. I know that happens frequently with recasts.

As for the voice, I'm hearing more of Steve's Ernie there. I know someone mentioned Billy's Ernie sounded like John Tartaglia. I'd sort of describe the voice as maybe a combination of Steve's and John's. But in all honesty, I haven't heard enough of John's Ernie to make that judgment.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
Yeah. Ernie doesn't look right either. My initial thinking was that maybe it was because Billy was given his own Ernie puppet. I know that happens frequently with recasts.

As for the voice, I'm hearing more of Steve's Ernie there. I know someone mentioned Billy's Ernie sounded like John Tartaglia. I'd sort of describe the voice as maybe a combination of Steve's and John's. But in all honesty, I haven't heard enough of John's Ernie to make that judgment.
Yeah now that you mention it, he does sound a bit more like Steve.