The Worst CGI Kid Films In Recent Memory

Luke kun

Reaction score
Anyway, it's 2015, so Pokemon Black and White The Movie should come out this August. The page was deleted due to script hiding, but it's on plotbot now. :smile:
I hear Mellodi's gonna be voiced by Princess Lana! :laugh:

Luke kun

Reaction score
Do they mention Chuck E. Cheese by name in Free Birds?
I asked my mom to take me to CEC and she says I'm too old, yet she still hasn't gotten around to taking me to Dave and Busters again :laugh:

No, I was twelve or eleven. And I don't plan on remaking it because of possible copyright infringement. You're also going way off topic.
Meh, I can do better video killers than that. At least you didn't put images of the characters on the videos you watched.

The animation certainly looks better, I'd say. Some of the earlier ones look downright amateurish, but to be expected as so.
Yes...

I've no problem with the voice cast upgrade on this one. Or at least the exact same kind of problem. All I wanna know is how much involvement the original team has in this. It's nice they have some A-list talent, yet it does seem less of a small run thing with the limited amount of voice actors who headed the franchise at the beginning. Then again, their sister show 321 Penguins had some top Canadian talent like Lee Tockar and Gary Chalk.
My Studio Nagoya Pokemon movie has Venus Terzo as the voice of Mellodi. She'll probably be good.

They still may be writing the stories. Dreamworks only distributes the series.

Also, I keep seeing this ugly CGI series at my local grocery store:
MY GOD!

Drtooth

Reaction score
My Studio Nagoya Pokemon movie has Venus Terzo as the voice of Mellodi. She'll probably be good.
Heh. Seems she's going back to voice Nintendo characters again... well... she was a character that wasn't from the games in Captain N. But the show's about Nintendo so... whatever. So, they're dubbing these things in Canada now, huh? Never liked the stuff really.

But here's something. There's a couple crummy knockoff Rio films called "Birds of Paradise"

Pretty bad. Even the official trailer looks like it was shot from someone's TV with a phone. I swear this is a sequel to another crappy Rio ripoff. Though there's one thing I like...

This one's at least honest about ripping of the Meet the Fockers movies. Even though this actually is completely different and released in some South American country like, 4 years ago...probably was made to cash in off the first one, anyway.

A Cartoon Brew Article points out the new trend in RedBox and Netflix cashing in off of crappy foreign animation redubbed to be knockoffs of popular films. Too bad they didn't go into the fact that B-list celebrities are involved now instead of the usual non-union voice actors (who usually dub anime).

I do like that the article lists the one time Disney actually sued. Unfortunately it's because a movie's American title had the word "Frozen" in it...

Slackbot

Reaction score
Oof. "Birds of Paradise" looks like just another "Unqualified newb wins the competition just because he really really really wants to" film. Bleah. It'll be another entry on the TV Tropes "magic feather" page.

mr3urious

Reaction score
I know I said I wanted Ashley Tisdale to break out into a full voice-acting career, but not like this!

Oh, and there's that Dove Foundation "Family Approved" label on the cover. That's always a good sign of quality. Or should I say "QUALITY"? :stick_out_tongue:

Drtooth

Reaction score
Oof. "Birds of Paradise" looks like just another "Unqualified newb wins the competition just because he really really really wants to" film. Bleah. It'll be another entry on the TV Tropes "magic feather" page.
That's the weird thing about it. Rio didn't have a race in it, probably not the second (I'm not touching that one). Stranger still since that plotline predates both Planes and Turbo by a few years as well. Cars, not so much because Lightning was an established racer, and racing was only part of the story. Still... it's birds, they're tropical... Rio knockoff. Probably made in anticipation of the first one in their native country.

I know I said I wanted Ashley Tisdale to break out into a full voice-acting career, but not like this!
Yeah. I don't like how they're actively getting name dub voice actors to deceive families into thinking the film has to have had a good enough budget to have some of the same actors as good CGI films. Of course, I don't think the pool of non-union voice actors usually utilized by 4Kids deserved those films. Say what you will about their editing practices, they had some very good voice acting talent. Then again, they always come to conventions and say how sucky the field is, so it's a job to them no matter what. But yeah, even those voice actors don't deserve, but have to do with, crap like that.

Like I said... they deserve nothing shy of Garsey's Wing's dub cast. Or even those Phoenix studios things. Low quality projects deserve low quality voice acting.

Luke kun

Reaction score
Heh. Seems she's going back to voice Nintendo characters again... well... she was a character that wasn't from the games in Captain N. But the show's about Nintendo so... whatever. So, they're dubbing these things in Canada now, huh? Never liked the stuff really.
There's that time she did a Sega character, Breezie from Sonic. Although Breezie wasn't a character in the games.

mimitchi33

Reaction score
I saw an ad for that new SpongeBob movie on The Goldbergs on demand, and I reacted like this the whole time:
My god, from what I saw, it was trying to be another Cat In The Hat! Tons of censored swearing puns and them hanging out with sexy ladies? What a terrible way to execute a "kids' movie"!
Oh my glob! Yes! The TMNT toy lines, cartoon and movie, were a HUGE hit this holiday season. TMNT merch does really well (they can even sell Cotton Candy flavored Yogurt), and it seems that they're slightly edging out Spongebob with the Green Machine in terms of marketing.
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles is really popular. At a recent Disney on Ice show I attended, I saw lots of boys in Ninja Turtle shirts even though they were not Disney, and this happens a lot in public as well! It got to the point where McDonald's chose not to promote the new SpongeBob movie in favor of it and that they handled said movie's merchandising to Just Play and Fisher Price, of all companies, and put it right next to the Caillou and Sesame Street toys at Toys R Us. It's just like what happened when SpongeBob first came out, except the Rugrats were SpongeBob and SpongeBob was the Turtles.

Drtooth

Reaction score
My god, from what I saw, it was trying to be another Cat In The Hat! Tons of censored swearing puns and them hanging out with sexy ladies? What a terrible way to execute a "kids' movie"!
Yeah. Shame on the series that,...

aw heck, here's Spongebob's TV show Crap past the radar section

Nothing completely unusual for Spongebob. I always hated that it was marketed as a preschool thing. It's not. Believe me... it's not.

mimitchi33

Reaction score
Nothing completely unusual for Spongebob. I always hated that it was marketed as a preschool thing. It's not. Believe me... it's not.
It's preschool fanbase pretty much exploded once NickMom happened, since it was the only thing on at the time for families without Sprout or Disney Junior (most cable providers now have the latter thanks to massive Sofia fanbase now). It also gained more fans thanks to people who hate Disney Junior's Nina Needs To Go teaching their kids bad lessons, and due to The 7D moving to Disney Junior. Heck, beforehand, I recall seeing an ad for a car where a four-year-old watched it on a portable DVD player, and there was an ad on my local cable provider where a toddler threw a fit because they wanted to watch it and the wi-fi was broken. Rugrats had more preschool fans than SpongeBob did, because it was a show about babies dealing with challenges toddlers could relate to such as getting hurt and using the toilet. May I mention that I liked it as a toddler for that reason, and I had some merchandise like clothing of it that was made for toddlers? That also had adult jokes like when Grandpa told the kids that they weren't supposed to watch Lonely Space Vixens and in the movie, Charlotte tells another character something like "You know what they say, born under Venus, look for a..." and before she can say the next word, her cellphone rings. But of course, it went over my head. I recall the stores placing Rugrats stuff next to toys from Blue's Clues. Also, around 2008ish when the show was cancelled, I went to Atlantic City. and there were some Rugrats dolls up for prize redemption next to Sesame Street, Barney and Mumfie prizes.

Oh, and there's that Dove Foundation "Family Approved" label on the cover. That's always a good sign of quality. Or should I say "QUALITY"? :stick_out_tongue:
As I mentioned before, Kids First will usually place their labels on the back of these movies as well, which also means something bad, with the exception of this movie, which is much better than every bad movie from Disco Worms to The Hero of Color City that was listed on this thread, made by the creator of Thomas the Tank Engine!

Last edited: