Why isn't Muppet Babies on Disney Junior?

Drtooth

Reaction score
You know... considering Disney's turned a blind eye to any Marvel cartoons prior to Ultimate Spider-Man (with the exception of a couple on Netflix), and any Non-Rebels or non-Lego based Star Wars animation (even the last series, but then again, a rival studio produced it), I just don't see them airing a 30 year old cartoon show. And it's a darn shame. Still, who actually gets Disney Junior? Does it really matter what they put on besides the same things you can watch on the main channel? At best, the only Muppet Babies we would see would have been a new series, and I doubt we'd even see that even if MMW made Avengers money. if that was the case, wouldn't you think a Frozen cartoon would have been fast tracked by now instead of just the same lame sitcoms over and over?

Personally, I'd rather have seen a concerned effort to get Bear in the Big Blue House back on the network, even as reruns. But they basically tossed that one aside.

gregishere

Reaction score
I don't know why I even asked that when I could have read deeper into this thread. Baby Fozzie was one of my favorites!

I have started a little group called the Muppet Movement, and right now we are trying to focus on getting Disney to release Season's 4 and 5 of the Muppet Show. If we could get them to do that, then I'm almost sure we could get them to release The Muppet Babies.
That sounds terrific. For whatever reason Disney has for now, I don't know...but just like other groups who've formed to get their favorite shows back on...I've seen it work.

If it takes writing-in or ?? Hope you find the key and it swells to sway the powers who decide.

Thanks for your dedication.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Do we need a Frozen series?
Debatable. But if you have a Billion dollar worldwide franchise, it's strange that of all the things they slap the characters on, a cartoon series didn't occur to them. Disney has a history of cartoons based on its movies, even releasing one based on Emperor's New Groove, a movie which they treated like a stepheaded redchild (yet gave a sequel and aforementioned TV show to). Not that I'd care to see a Frozen series either way. Still, my point is no matter how MMW did, I don't see Muppet Babies on the network either way. A new series, just the reruns... both seem sadly out of the question. I'd much rather have these on DVD, but then again Disney hates box sets, and even if one was released, something tells me it'd be incomplete and they'd use syndication edits.

Still, Disney should have resurrected Muppet Babies as a line of actual baby and toddler notions. I remember seeing diapers and things like baby oil (had to actually buy that one for an art project...as something to use with paint, keep your minds out of the gutter) back about 10 years ago. I don't see why retro Muppet Babies baby clothing would be completely out of the question.

Rugratskid

Reaction score
I honestly think it's all about the copyright issues; if Disney had all the rights to the original show cleared, they would probably run it on the Disney Junior channel. I mean, it would add even more variety to their channel, and it wouldn't cost them a thing. However, that's not the case; I don't think that Disney will ever pay to get rights cleared.

I wish the would and we can begin collection High quality recordings of the episodes.
Well, a lot of the show was released on VHS in different regions; nowhere near the whole show, but some of it. You might find some of the tapes for purchase online. Actually, some of them are available for download. I actually have a large amount of the tapes in DVD format; I might share them eventually, unless it wouldn't be allowed on the forum. Otherwise, I have no problem sharing them. :smile: I'm also working with some people on finding any episodes possible (that aren't through YouTube) and cleaning them up, so those will probably be made available to the public once they are complete. :wink: The main problem we've been having is finding anyone who has reruns recorded on tape.

SesameFever

Reaction score
I honestly think it's all about the copyright issues; if Disney had all the rights to the original show cleared, they would probably run it on the Disney Junior channel. I mean, it would add even more variety to their channel, and it wouldn't cost them a thing. However, that's not the case; I don't think that Disney will ever pay to get

Well, a lot of the show was released on VHS in different regions; nowhere near the whole show, but some of it. You might find some of the tapes for purchase online. Actually, some of them are available for download. I actually have a large amount of the tapes in DVD format; I might share them eventually, unless it wouldn't be allowed on the forum. Otherwise, I have no problem sharing them. :smile: I'm also working with some people on finding any episodes possible (that aren't through YouTube) and cleaning them up, so those will probably be made available to the public once they are complete. :wink: The main problem we've been having is finding anyone who has reruns recorded on tape.
I have all 7 seasons in mp4 format if i send them can you please send me the cleaned up versions thanks i woul love the original vhs releases too thanks

Rugratskid

Reaction score
I have all 7 seasons in mp4 format if i send them can you please send me the cleaned up versions thanks i woul love the original vhs releases too thanks
Where are the mp4 versions from? YouTube, or somewhere else? We aren't using YouTube copies in the sets; if you have any that aren't from YouTube, I would love them. I could get them cleaned up for you. :smile:

Schfifty

Reaction score
Where are the mp4 versions from? YouTube, or somewhere else? We aren't using YouTube copies in the sets; if you have any that aren't from YouTube, I would love them. I could get them cleaned up for you. :smile:
I've got a few episodes recorded off Nick Jr. back in 1996 as well as the episodes released on Jim Henson Video in the 90s (not counting the ones in the Yes, I Can series, since those don't have the title cards). PM me if you want to discuss more.

SesameFever

Reaction score
I've got a few episodes recorded off Nick Jr. back in 1996 as well as the episodes released on Jim Henson Video in the 90s (not counting the ones in the Yes, I Can series, since those don't have the title cards). PM me if you want to discuss more.
i will links soon