Quit blowing on my neck!

Mary Louise

Reaction score
Okay, this is a pretty silly sketch, even for Sesame Street. But that’s what I like about it. Anyway, my memories of it are vague, so any corrections would be appreciated.

I know the sketch involves Uncle Wally and two other people—Bob and Olivia, if I remember correctly. Uncle Wally sneaks up on Bob and Olivia and, unseen by both of them, uses a tube-like device that blows air on Bob’s neck. This leads Bob to think Olivia was blowing on his neck. Uncle Wally then plays the same trick on Olivia, who accuses Bob of blowing on her neck. An argument ensues.

As I recall, in another scene, Bob and Olivia are standing in front of Big Bird’s door, having vowed to stop speaking to each other for a while. Uncle Wally’s head sticks up from behind the door. He's still got the air-blowing device, which he uses on Bob's neck.

Bob: I don’t believe her! She did it again.

Uncle Wally then does the same thing to Olivia.

Olivia: I don’t believe that man! He did it again. Bob...

Bob: Olivia...

Both: You blew on my neck again!

Another spat ensues. It ends with the words:

Both: ...And don’t blow on my neck anymore!

Not sure what happens after that, but this sketch remains one of my favorites. I wish I could find it on YouTube.

sesamemuppetfan

Reaction score
This insert sounds quite hysterical! Which season did it take place during? 16, 17,18, or 19?

sesamemuppetfan

Reaction score
Well, which year do you remember seeing it? It has to be one of the 4 seasons I mentioned, because Uncle Wally made his debut in Season 16 and Olivia left after Season 19.

Mary Louise

Reaction score
I know. But I saw this sketch when I was a teenager. Back then, I didn’t keep close track of seasons of shows or of years when things took place.