Most Obnoxious Fandoms

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I've had enough "gimmee!" requests that I have a standard answer: Sorry, I don't have the time to do freebies. However, I am open to commissions. One person actually asked what a commission was, and when I answered that it was a request with dollars backing it up, they said, "oh nvm". :rolleyes:
I started doing point commissions, because I never felt right about accepting money for drawing copyrighted characters that I don't own... and back then, it was easier to obtain points for premium memberships, like 636 points would get you a three-month premium membership... but they eventually did away with that option, and they made it even harder to obtain a premium membership (I think now, the lowest option you can get is twice as many points for a 1-year premium), and it's hard enough to obtain points. I've opened donation pools and done point commissions, and I know other friends on dA have done the same, but the feeling of having these options taken away from us is frustrating. Being on dA for almost seven years, I feel I should have had at least four year's worth of premium membership by now.

But yes to all of the above, there are all kinds of weird and strange fetishes on dA, I haven't seen much of the diaper fetish (or, not as much as others), but I've seen obese fetishes, vore fetishes, perhaps the strangest fetish I've seen on dA is one guy who has a fetish for surgical masks... I don't get it. And there's one guy who always has Timmy Turner drawn being sexually assaulted by any female cartoon character you can imagine (he's gotten nearly twenty of these commissions from one artist alone). I get fetish requests from time to time, but whenever I do, I turn them down. I remember a couple of years ago when people kept wanting me to draw more of Jenny Foxworth from OLIVER & COMPANY, I had a couple of requests to expose her underwear... uh-uh... the last time I drew a character in her underwear (in a comical situation, mind you), that resulted in a week-long controversial feud.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Oh... I totally know that fat fetish stuff. That's part of the reason I stopped looking at favorites of other members. not to say there isn't some well done looking stuff, but still... I avoid that kind of fetish thing no matter what.

But yeah. That's the problem with requests. You either get someone obsessed with one weird OC or some weird fetish stuff or whatever. That's why I refuse them. Plus, I need the inspiration of a really stupid joke. Or at least a wacky character outburst.

Slackbot

Reaction score
*chuckle* One of my DA favorites has a sneeze fetish. She loves drawing characters sneezing! I don't get it, but so what? It's her thing and she's having fun. Last year I commissioned her to draw Scooter with my OC Janken Fraggle, and she did a lovely picture with positively no sneezing.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I, for the most part, don't even ask for requests anymore, because they're either flat-out rejected, or I ask for something, and then it never happens... because of that, I've also had a policy for whenever I do point commissions: you don't pay until you're satisfied, because I've had people pay me immediately after they ask what they want, but I tell them to hold on to their points until it's actually finished and submitted, because I don't want to just take people's points, and then something may happen that either delays or halts their commission (and that's happened before).

Luke kun

Reaction score
I requested a dA user for Classic Amy, Sally Acorn, and Mina the Mongoose singing together once. And also, I love FerrisWheelShipping.

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
By far the Bronies:I just don't really like thinking that my gender and age group watches MLP.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
i have nothing against bronies by themselves. Its the uber bronies who feel the need to shove mlp down your throat and start fights in youtube comments that I hate. It gives the rest of the fandom a bad name.

Now I will tell you that I have yet to meet a homestuck fan (ones who actively participate in the fandom anyway) who hasn't been a bunghole. Everything about that fandom is toxic. there's a reason why its one of the most hated fandoms on tumblr

Drtooth

Reaction score
i have nothing against bronies by themselves. Its the uber bronies who feel the need to shove mlp down your throat and start fights in youtube comments that I hate. It gives the rest of the fandom a bad name.
Yeah, but most fanbases have that. They're one of the notable examples and the most vitriolic fans and detractors are remarkably horrible. I love the Bob's Burgers episode about the Equestricals. Most of them were nice and just wanted a fun escape, but one of them was a bully, pushing everyone around and scamming little kids out of toys meant for them. And Teddy was just ticked off that it has a male fanbase that ruined the franchise. That was some real involved details right there.

Of course, the horror stories I hear about Transformers fans... ugh. There's a huge bunch of the fandom that absolutely hates anything past Geewun and feels the need to whine about Animated, Rescue Bots, and even the new series that didn't even premiere yet because it doesn't measure up to the show they watched and enjoyed when they were young enough to have a nostalgic imprint. YET, feel the entire franchise is theirs and only theirs and whines about the toys not all being massively expensive and highly detailed. As in, any of the stuff made specifically for kids that actually makes money and keeps the franchise alive is horrible and Hasbro should only focus on collector's grade expensive as freaking heck Masterpiece toys. As in, sure it makes some money based on 30 year olds with tons of disposable income, but isn't a practical business model.