Dealing with depression and anxiety

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Thank you for the thoughts, guys. I'll really have to get my at together soon.

This morning was pretty rotten. It's the opening night of my play, but my family and I had a huge fight, my best "friend" was a jerk, again. My other friends are too busy or just sick of me. To top it all off, I'm sick and keep making and cancelling doctor's appointments because my symptoms will clear up and then return.

So yeah...not doing well today, heh.

charlietheowl

Reaction score
Thank you for the thoughts, guys. I'll really have to get my at together soon.

This morning was pretty rotten. It's the opening night of my play, but my family and I had a huge fight, my best "friend" was a jerk, again. My other friends are too busy or just sick of me. To top it all off, I'm sick and keep making and cancelling doctor's appointments because my symptoms will clear up and then return.

So yeah...not doing well today, heh.
I'm sorry you're not doing well and that your friend was so rude to you on the night of the play. Hopefully you can feel better soon and make it to the doctor's for an appointment.

DramaQueenMokey

Reaction score
I've been doing pretty well, I've been seeing my counselor on my college campus and, I had support from everyone in my life...or, so I thought...

My soon to be ex-boyfriend got into a fight with me about my depression and the fact that I go to counseling; he claimed that I should be spending all the time I spend at counseling working out with him and, that my mental health is nowhere near as important as my physical health/looking like a girl who belongs on the cover of a Sports Illustrated magazine...

He says these things yet, claims to be head over heels in love with me; I thought that might be grounds for trying to fix things but, after no apology and more fights about who I am as a person, I am not going to work to salvage a relationship like this...

My friends all saw who he was before I did; they saw how toxic a guy he was and I didn't until now...

That alone makes me feel horrible but, so does the fact that I won't see him in person until Sunday to break it off (we're still on winter break; we re-start classes on Monday)

In the words of one of my favorite R&B singers, "I'd rather be alone than unhappy."

No more second chances, no more anything...

I need to leave him and, while I'd send a text and get it over with, this is a conversation that demands to be had in person if only to show how serious I am.

Do I feel horrible and nervous with this looming over my head? Yes.

But, I will feel so much better once all is said and done, and, I think that's worth the wait.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Time and time again I see women in these types of hurtful relationships, and most of the time they blame themselves for why there guy does the hurtful things that they do. You on the other hand see him and his hurting for what it really is, and you have enough courage to do something about it. most women have such a hard time letting go of there guy, and let them run all over them time and time again. I'm so glad your standing up for yourself, and for what you know to be right!

Also your mental health, and your feelings and your emotions and all the stuff that is on the inside is very very important. I think you have to have all that taken care of and in working order before you can ever really focus on your outer appearance.Because if you don't then regardless of how you look you will never be happy with just being you.

DramaQueenMokey

Reaction score
Time and time again I see women in these types of hurtful relationships, etc...
Thank you for your kind words ^^ I really am so done with this bad romance; I mean, my friends didn't say anything because of course, at the time, I would have yelled at them, called them jealous and have been done with them and their words but, now, I've realized what I've actually been a part of and, unfortunately, wasted my time on. However, no more of that!

And yes, mental health is VERY if not, MORE important than the psychical, you need to get right up there in order to get right every where else.

Thanks for understanding and, if anyone else is n a similar situation to mine, I hope they choose to do what's best for them.

charlietheowl

Reaction score
I've been doing pretty well, I've been seeing my counselor on my college campus and, I had support from everyone in my life...or, so I thought...

My soon to be ex-boyfriend got into a fight with me about my depression and the fact that I go to counseling; he claimed that I should be spending all the time I spend at counseling working out with him and, that my mental health is nowhere near as important as my physical health/looking like a girl who belongs on the cover of a Sports Illustrated magazine...

He says these things yet, claims to be head over heels in love with me; I thought that might be grounds for trying to fix things but, after no apology and more fights about who I am as a person, I am not going to work to salvage a relationship like this...

My friends all saw who he was before I did; they saw how toxic a guy he was and I didn't until now...

That alone makes me feel horrible but, so does the fact that I won't see him in person until Sunday to break it off (we're still on winter break; we re-start classes on Monday)

In the words of one of my favorite R&B singers, "I'd rather be alone than unhappy."

I need to leave him and, while I'd send a text and get it over with, this is a conversation that demands to be had in person if only to show how serious I am.

But, I will feel so much better once all is said and done, and, I think that's worth the wait.
It's very brave of you to take these steps, and I hope everything works out for you. There is no reason to fundamentally change who you are for another person, and it's good that you are standing up for yourself. Good luck with everything.

WalterLinz

Reaction score

That's wonderful, @DramaQueenMokey! That is brave of you to decide to tell him about it in person.:smile: It is much better to stand up for yourself and do it right away instead of just sitting around overthinking about it.:smile:

sesamemuppetfan

Reaction score

I'm glad you chose to break up with him. He has absolutely no right to give you a hard time about how you spend your days. If he wants someone to work out with, he should find someone who's actually interested. Saying that your mental health is nowhere near as important as your physical health/looking like a girl who belongs on the cover of a Sports Illustrated magazine is just messed up! What kind of a boyfriend would say that?

Either way, you're making the right decision, and I wish you the best of luck with your confronting him. I believe in you. :smile: