Sesame Street Old School Outlines

cjd874

Reaction score
Outline 39. Only one more left…

Sesame Street Old School Outline

Season 5: Oscar talks about LOVE/Mr. MacIntosh’s fruit cart breaks

Sponsors: G, H, 7

Scene 1: Big Bird and the kids show the difference between up and down by jumping in place several times. Soon, they fall down due to exhaustion.

Cartoon: A ball cannot travel up a steep incline

Muppets: Roosevelt Franklin Elementary School – Up and Down

Cartoon: H is for Hello

Film: A boy goes to the beach

Muppets: Ernie tells an unhappy Cookie Monster that happiness is all about looking up instead of down. When Cookie looks up, he sees Ernie’s box of cookies and eats it.

Celebrity: James Earl Jones recites the alphabet

Cartoon: Jazzy Spies #7

Muppets: Kermit and Bob talk about frogs

Cartoon: Two lines cross paths and have an argument

Cartoon: A man tries to think of H words, but is continually interrupted by another man. So the first man draws a hole underneath the second man, who falls through and shouts, “HELP!”

Scene 2: An announcer (Jerry Nelson) declares: “And now Oscar the Grouch will talk about the word LOVE.” Oscar refuses to do so, but Luis stops by with a bag full of sawdust, nuts, bolts, nails, and wood scraps from the Fix-It Shop, making Oscar happy. Then Bob comes by with some old newspapers, and Maria brings him some leftover food waste from her apartment. Oscar is elated: “Look at all this beautiful garbage! Oh, I LOVE trash!” Then the announcer says, “Thank you Oscar, for showing us what LOVE is.” Oscar protests, “But I didn’t want to help in the first place!” Realizing his defeat, he descends into his can.

Film: George the Farmer demonstrates up and down on ladders

Cartoon: A man says the word “love,” and gets different reactions from people

Muppets: Grover’s “G” lecture

Cartoon: The Alligator King #7 (art by Bud Luckey)

Film: Two boys ride their bicycles to the zoo (jazz trio soundtrack)

Muppets: Ernie builds a block tower and asks Bert to watch it while he’s gone. However, the Count arrives and takes apart Ernie’s tower to count the blocks.

Scene 3: Luis takes a break from working at the Fix-It Shop to buy some fruit. Suddenly he hears a crash out on the street, and he goes to investigate. Mr. MacIntosh’s cart has a broken wheel, so he can’t go around selling his fruits. Luis, Susan, Bob, Maria, and Big Bird try to solve this problem. Ultimately, Luis decides to fix Mr. MacIntosh’s wheel, while everyone else helps Mr. MacIntosh sell his fruit outside 123 Sesame Street.

Cartoon: A gorilla that knows G words applies for a job

Muppet/Kid Moments: Grover and John-John talk about love, and count one penny

Cartoon: Jazzy Spies #7 (repeat)

Muppets: News Flash – Cinderella and Prince Charming at the royal ball

Transition: A rectangle charges at the screen

Scene 4: David stops by the makeshift fruit stand, but doesn’t have enough money to buy a bunch of bananas. The adults count out seven cents, which isn’t enough. David heads back to his apartment to get some more money.

Cartoon/Film: Henson #7

Scene 5: David returns with some more money and now has twenty cents for the bananas.

Cartoon: A peacock counts 20 feathers

Muppets: Ernie wonders if he should put Bert’s vase on a high shelf or a low shelf

Cartoon: H-Hole (speech balloon)

Scene 6: Cookie Monster sees the fruit stand, but is unsure about trying fruit (“Me only eat cookies, cookies, and more cookies! Hey, me called Cookie Monster for a reason, you know!”). Bob offers him a mango for ten cents, and Cookie decides to try it…and he likes it! Then Susan gives him a pear, which is also consumed rapidly. Then Mr. MacIntosh peels some grapes and tosses them into Cookie’s mouth. Cookie says, “Me love fruits, but me think that fruit stands BETTER!” Then after glancing at the fruit stand, he rips a chunk of wood off from the stand and eats it.

Film/Song: “Everybody Eats” (Joe Raposo)

Muppets: Herbert Birdsfoot and Grover talk about the AN family

Cartoon: An Indian guru counts to 20 (English version)

Muppets: The Anything Muppets perform “No Matter How You Count Them”

Cartoon: An Indian guru counts to 20 (Spanish version)

Scene 7: Luis returns with the fixed wheel, and Mr. MacIntosh is happy. Once the wheel is put back on the cart, Mr. MacIntosh continues selling his fruit. Cookie Monster announces the sponsors. SS sign still: Bob and Susan. CTW sign still: Big Bird.

CAST:

Northern Calloway as David

Emilio Delgado as Luis

Loretta Long as Susan

Sonia Manzano as Maria

Bob McGrath as Bob

Chet O’Brien as Mr. MacIntosh

Caroll Spinney as Big Bird and Oscar

JIM HENSON’S MUPPETS

Frank Oz as Cookie Monster, Bert, Grover, Prince Charming, AMs

Jerry Nelson as the Count, Herbert Birdsfoot, AMs

Fran Brill as AMs

Jim Henson as Ernie, Kermit, AMs

cjd874

Reaction score
Well this is it. The last one. I spent many hours working to make sure that this outline series would go out on a high note. And I am very proud of this one.

Thanks to everyone who has read these outlines. Due to a very busy upcoming semester at school, I will not continue writing. But perhaps I will add a few outlines here and there beginning in June.

This outline has been brought to you by the number 10 and the letter Q.
:frown:: 10 Q! 10 Q!
:stick_out_tongue:: You're welcome, you're welcome!

Sesame Street Old School Outline 40

Season 10: Morning and evening activities/Oscar cooks breakfast/Buffy meets Mr. Snuffleupagus

Sponsors: E, W, 2 (with some rare inserts on the number 1 as well!)

Scene 1: A boy in voiceover says, “It’s another sunny morning on Sesame Street. Let’s see what everyone’s doing.”

Luis opens the Fix-It Shop and greets Gordon and Herry Monster, who are jogging together. David puts out the latest newspapers as the Count counts each one. Mr. Hooper serves Ernie and Bert their breakfast inside his store. Ernie has two fried eggs, toast, and a glass of milk. Bert has a bowl of oatmeal and a glass of water.

In the arbor area, Maria helps tie a boy’s shoelaces while Big Bird watches. Then they do jumping jacks with a group of kids. Biff and Sully drive their truck to the local construction site. Bob takes a little girl to Mr. MacIntosh’s fruit stand, and Linda shows them how to sign the words for apple, banana, and pear. Cookie Monster eats a box of cookies for breakfast, but Linda points him toward the fruit stand. Cookie eats an apple and then voraciously gobbles more fruit.

Olivia sits on the steps, playing a singing game with Prairie Dawn, Gladys the Cow, and some kids. Susan puts a letter into the mailbox and greets Willy the hot dog man. Grover, dressed as a mail carrier, opens the mailbox, only to get covered in a pile of letters. Oscar the Grouch pops out of his can and snickers at Grover, who rises and starts picking up letters. Fred the Wonder Horse gallops past them.

Finally, Oscar looks around at the busy street. He grumbles at the camera: “Just another beautiful YUCKY day on Sesame Street.”

Muppets: Fat Cat (featuring Bip Bipadotta)

Cartoon: Imagination E - “See me eating a peach…” (art by John and Faith Hubley)

Film: Taking my dog to the veterinarian

Cartoon: The jazzy triangle meets the “square” square.

Muppets: Waiter Grover tries to serve bacon and eggs to Mr. Johnson, but the customer can’t decide how many of each item he wants.

Cartoon: E – Egg (speech balloon)

Scene 2: Olivia and Bob see smoke coming from Oscar’s can. They also hear sizzling and crackling sounds, too. Oscar emerges wearing a stained chef’s hat and bandana, and addresses the adults’ concerns: “No, nothing’s wrong. I’m just cooking my favorite breakfast…a chocolate-chip-and-anchovy omelet with moldy stinkweed toast and sour milk!” Bob declares that to be disgusting, which Oscar emphatically rejects. As they begin to argue, Olivia intervenes and asks Bob, “What did you have for breakfast today, Bob?” Oscar finds Bob’s meal of crispy bacon, sunny-side-up eggs, and fresh orange juice to be repulsive. Olivia concludes that people are entitled to like different things. “What is nice to one person might not be so nice to another person.” Then Oscar shows his finished meal to the adults, and Olivia nearly gags at the sight of it. As Bob takes a nauseous Olivia to Hooper’s Store, Oscar chuckles: “Ah, I love the smell of rotten eggs in the morning! They just don’t know fine cuisine when they see it.”

Film: A roadrunner (Joe Raposo background music)

Cartoon: Pinball Number Count #2

Cartoon: W is for Worm

Muppets: Chrissy and the Alphabeats perform “Exit”

Scene 3: Maria gets a call at Hooper’s Store and learns that Buffy and her family are about to arrive on Sesame Street for a surprise visit. Maria, Mr. Hooper, David, Olivia, and Big Bird run to the bus stop and greet their friends from Hawaii.

Cartoon: Bolt and Nut show how they work together

Muppets: Ernie makes a sculpture of Bert, but doesn’t have enough clay for the nose. So he pulls off Bert’s nose and puts it on the bust!

Scene 3: Big Bird asks Buffy what she knows about Snuffleupaguses, since she lives in Hawaii and she’s heard the legend of Mount Snuffleupagus. Buffy says that she believes in them, but she’s never seen one before. Big Bird tells her that his best friend is a Snuffleupagus. Just then, Mr. Snuffleupagus arrives for his playdate with Big Bird. As an excited Big Bird runs to get the adults, an amazed and intrigued Buffy strikes up a conversation with Snuffy. They walk off just before Big Bird returns with Bob, Maria, Olivia, and Luis. Bob: “Big Bird, there’s no such thing as a Snuffleupagus!” After the Bird argues otherwise, the adults take him to Hooper’s Store for a birdseed milkshake. Big Bird: “But-but they were just here! SNUFFY! BUFFY! Where did you two go?”

Film: Kids ride horses

Muppets: Harvey Kneeslapper’s “1” trick

Cartoon: E is for Exit (“That’s enough, Roy!”)

Celebrity: Jose Feliciano sings “A World Without Music”

Cartoon/Film: Henson #1

Scene 4: Buffy and Sheldon tell some kids about how Cody learned to walk. Then they watch as Cody walks, with help from Sheldon.

Muppets: Ernie and Cookie Monster demonstrate the word “hope”

Cartoon: Typewriter Guy – W is for Wall

Scene 5: The Count counts Cody’s eyes, ears, hands, knees, and feet.

Cartoon/Song: That’s About the Size of It (Bud Luckey)

Muppet/Kid Moments: Kermit and Joey say the alphabet

Cartoon: Gloria presents the letter W

Muppets: Grover demonstrates the EXIT sign and is repeatedly trampled by a group of Anything Muppet hippies

Film: Mad Painter #2

Cartoon: The Crack Master (super-rare segment!)

Muppets: Bert teaches his pigeon Bernice to play checkers, which astounds Ernie

Film/Song: “I Believe in Little Things” (sung by Joe Raposo)

Scene 6: The boy from scene 1 narrates: “Now it’s nighttime on Sesame Street. Let’s see what everyone is doing.”

Luis puts away his tools and closes the Fix-It Shop. Mr. Hooper closes his store and walks Big Bird back to his nest. Maria and David help the kids put their toys away and make wishes on some stars. Then they pass the Count, who is counting stars with his bats (“That’s two million, eight hundred seventy-five thousand, nine-hundred and forty-six stars…”). Mr. MacIntosh and Willy wheel their carts away. Bob and Linda finish their dinner outside Hooper’s Store and head up to Bob’s apartment. Gladys the Cow walks home with Fred the Wonder Horse. Bert feeds his pigeons on the roof (heard in voiceover) while Ernie takes a bath inside (and bubbles float out the basement window). Buffy and Sheldon sing a lullaby to Cody and then carry him into the 123 Sesame Street apartment. Cookie Monster finishes another box of cookies and goes home with Herry Monster. Olivia takes Grover and Prairie Dawn home in her car. Gordon and Susan, clad in their pajamas, close their apartment windows and turn out the lights. Biff and Sully drive down the street in their truck. All the lights go out except for the lamppost and all is silent.

Oscar pops out of his can: “So ends another rotten day on Sesame Street. Everyone’s going home or getting ready to sleep. Guess it’s time for me to do my practicing…” He gets out a rusty trumpet and starts playing loudly, which prompts several residents (Susan, Gordon, Bob, Mr. Hooper, Buffy, and Maria) to shout at him to stop. As Oscar goes into his can for the night, the camera pans away and rests on the Sesame Street sign and lamppost. Big Bird announces the letter and number sponsors. Oscar has the final words: “Sesame Street is a production of the Children’s Television Workshop. Grouchy dreams!” SS sign still: Susan. CTW sign still: Bob.

CAST:

Linda Bove as Linda

Emilio Delgado as Luis

Will Lee as Mr. Hooper

Loretta Long as Susan

Kermit Love as Willy

Sonia Manzano as Maria

Bob McGrath as Bob

Chet O’Brien as Mr. MacIntosh

Roscoe Orman as Gordon

Alaina Reed as Olivia

Buffy St. Marie Wolfchild as Buffy

Cody Wolfchild as Cody

Sheldon Wolfchild as Sheldon

AND

Caroll Spinney as Big Bird and Oscar the Grouch

JIM HENSON’S MUPPETS:

Frank Oz as Bert, Cookie Monster, Grover, Harvey Kneeslapper, AMs

Jerry Nelson as the Count, Herry Monster, Biff, Mr. Snuffleupagus, Mr. Johnson, Fred the Wonder Horse, AMs

Richard Hunt as Sully, Gladys the Cow, AMs

Fran Brill as Prairie Dawn

Chris Cerf as Chrissy

Jim Henson as Ernie, Kermit, Bip Bipadotta, AMs

cjd874

Reaction score
I'm back! I've been working on a few outlines since school ended, and here's outline 41!

Season 4: Maria helps out at Hooper’s Store

Sponsors: N, Q, 6

Scene 1: Maria greets the viewer and sees Mr. Hooper struggling to carry some boxes. She helps him carry them into his store. Mr. Hooper explains that David is sick today and can’t make it to work, so he has to do all the work by himself. Maria offers to help him.

Cartoon: Today’s secret drawing is a camel

Muppets: Herry Monster and a Fat Blue monster fight over cookies by making “RRR” and “SSS” noises. Cookie Monster arrives, eats all the cookies, and says, “MMM.”

Film: Close-ups of animal tails

Muppet/Kid Moments: Kermit and Brian talk about soft and loud

Scene 2: Mr. Hooper explains that he has to run an errand and leaves Maria in charge of the store for a while. Maria starts by taking inventory of things in the store. She counts six unopened boxes inside the store.

Cartoon: Jazz Spies #6

Scene 3: Maria opens one of the boxes and removes six cans. She begins putting them on a shelf.

Film/Song: Henson #6

Film: George the Farmer is above and below a shed

Muppets/Cast: Bob sings “The People in Your Neighborhood” with a Muppet grocer and a Muppet doctor

Cartoon: The Queen of Six

Muppets: Sherlock Hemlock helps Ernie solve the case of the missing cookies. It turns out that Cookie Monster is the culprit, with crumbs stuck in his fur. Cookie gives the last cookie to Ernie, but Sherlock ends up taking it as payment for solving the mystery.

Film: The Mad Painter #6

Scene 4: As Maria finishes stocking the shelves, Oscar the Grouch comes in and orders a bowl of chicken soup, a glass of orange juice, and a hot fudge sundae. Maria is surprised that he’s ordered all this delicious food, but Oscar mixes everything together, making a mess on the counter in the process. As he eats the concoction, Maria sighs at the camera. “I really shouldn’t expect anything less from him.”

Film/Song: “Eating” (sung Joe Raposo)

Celebrity: Flip Wilson shows how his teacher, Miss Johnson, taught him the ABCs

Cartoon: N is for Naughty and Nice

Muppets: The Anything Muppets perform “No Matter How You Count Them”

Cartoon: 30 dots (the last one is late)

Scene 5: Bob and Big Bird come in for lunch. Big Bird orders a birdseed milkshake, and Bob orders a BLT sandwich. Maria comes out with the food, but she slips on a wet spot on the floor and drops it all. She is mortified, but Bob and Big Bird reassure her that “Everyone Makes Mistakes.”

Cartoon: N – Nail (speech balloon)

Muppets: Sesame Street News Flash – Sleeping Beauty (Prince Charming falls asleep after kissing the princess)

Film: Giraffes (Joe Raposo background music)

Scene 6: Maria is sweeping the floor wishing that her job could be easier. SAM the Robot enters, offering to be a sweeping machine. However, SAM sweeps things off the counter and shelves, making a huge mess. SAM exits hastily, just as Mr. Hooper returns, demanding an explanation for the mess. Maria tells him everything and glumly decides to leave. “I haven’t been much help to you today, Mr. Hooper…I think I’ll go home before I cause more trouble.” But Mr. Hooper tells her the story of how as a kid, he broke a jar of gumballs while working in his father’s store. He admitted that it was an accident, and his father forgave him. Mr. Hooper says that it’s important to forgive, and even offers to let Maria help him out tomorrow.

Film/Song: Henson #6 (repeat)

Muppets: Grover sings “What Do I Do When I’m Alone?”

Cartoon: Quincy talks about the letter Q (clay animation by Jim Henson)

Film: A crane picks up large scraps of metal

Cartoon: Poverty Q (a man gives a lecture with an uncooperative Q)

Muppets: Ernie and Bert demonstrate loud and quiet…or at least, they try to.

Scene 7: Mr. Hooper and Maria show some kids how to write the letter N, and ask them to name some N words.

Cartoon: N – Nail (repeat)

Cartoon: A reporter interviews the letter N

Scene 8: Mr. Hooper and Maria show the kids how to write the letter Q, and ask them to name some Q words. Then they watch the pilot Alphabet Bates as he skywrites a Q in the sky.

Cartoon: The letter Q (that funny looking thing)

Muppets: Grover and a Muppet girl sing “The Question Song”

Cartoon: Diamond transition

Scene 9: Mr. Hooper, Maria, and the kids sign off as Big Bird announces the sponsors. SS sign still: Ernie and Bert. CTW sign still: Oscar.

CAST:

Will Lee as Mr. Hooper

Sonia Manzano as Maria

Bob McGrath as Bob

And

JIM HENSON’S MUPPETS

Frank Oz as Bert, Grover, Cookie Monster, Prince Charming, AMs

Jerry Nelson as SAM the Robot, Herry Monster, Sherlock Hemlock, AMs

Fran Brill as AMs

cjd874

Reaction score
42!

Season 9: Oscar watches a baseball game in his can/The Muppets present A, K, and 7

Sponsors: A, K, 7

Scene 1: Bob greets the viewer while walking down Sesame Street, and then hears a cheering crowd from inside Oscar’s trashcan. Oscar emerges wearing a baseball cap and carrying a pennant. “What’s the big idea, bright eyes? I’m missing a great argument between the umpire and the second baseman!” Bob learns that Oscar is watching a baseball game in his can: “It’s the New Yuck Yankees against the Bleck-sas Rangers.” Bob is skeptical, until a baseball flies out of Oscar’s can. Oscar goes back to the game just as one player hits a home run. When Bob looks into the can, the ball lands in a pool and Bob gets doused with water. Oscar is ecstatic: “A splashdown! That’s what I’m talking about! Eat your heart out, Hank Aaron!”

Cartoon: Three colored heads cooperate to watch a baseball game

Muppets: Super Grover helps a girl move some boxes

Cartoon: A – Ape (speech balloon)

Film: George the farmer shows empty and full

Cartoon: A man presents the alligator (a lesson on the letter A)

Muppets: The Amazing Mumford demonstrates his “empty and full” trick with a cookie jar, to Cookie Monster’s chagrin

Cartoon: A bully won’t give a baseball back to a small boy, until a large dog is summoned (art by the Hubleys)

Scene 2: Big Bird, Bert, and Herry Monster present the letter A. Big Bird has an apple, Bert has argyle socks, and Herry has an anvil.

Cartoon: A man creates an avalanche on the letter A

Scene 3: The Muppets present the letter K. Big Bird has a kite, Bert has keys, and Herry shows karate by chopping a crate in half.

Cartoon: A kitten is knitting a kerchief, a kite and a polka-dot mitten

Scene 4: The Muppets present the number 7. Big Bird has seven bags of birdseed, Bert has seven bottlecaps, and Herry has seven barbells, which he lifts all at once.

Cartoon/Song: The Alligator King #7 (art by Bud Luckey)

Film: Slide puzzle of a boy

Muppets/Cast: Maria sings “People in Your Neighborhood” with a Muppet pilot (Jerry Nelson) and nurse (Fran Brill)

Cartoon: Jazz Spies #7

Cartoon: A girl shows how good she is at drawing buildings

Muppets: Bert tells Ernie to turn down the volume of the radio, but Ernie doesn’t hear him. Bert yells at Ernie, who pulls the volume knob off the radio and puts it on Bert, thus turning down Bert’s volume.

Cartoon: K is for Kite

Insert: Grover and the cast sing about “A Postcard from Amy.” Featuring Maria, Bob, Herry, David, Gordon, Luis, the Count, Susan, Mr. Hooper, and Big Bird.

Film: A day in the life of Colleen, who lives in Arizona

Muppet/Kid Moments: Cookie Monster and Genelle count to 10

Cartoon: A witch tells some children a story about the letter A

Film: Empty/full classroom (time-lapse video)

Cartoon: Pinball Number Count #7

Muppets: Sesame Street News Flash – The Princess chooses who her prince will be (Kermit is the chosen one)

Cartoon: A boy builds a house of blocks, but a girl builds a giant Victorian-style house. The boy calls her a copycat.

Film: A poem about trees (with musical underscore by Joe Raposo)

Scene 5: Mr. Hooper and Bob ask some kids about their favorite things that start with A and K. Bob shows the kids a kazoo, and Mr. Hooper has a toy airplane. Oscar shows them his favorite things that start with A and K: anchovies and kiwi (on a hot fudge sundae). Disgusted, the adults and the kids leave, and Oscar digs into his sundae.

Film/Song: Henson #7

Cartoon/Song: “Cowboy Feelings Song”

Cartoon: K is for Kiss

Muppets: Ernie meets Bert’s twin brother Bart

Film: Otters (music by Joe Raposo)

Scene 6: Bob, Mr. Hooper, and the kids play in the arbor area as Bert announces the sponsors. SS sign still: David. CTW still: Kermit and a kid.

CAST:

Emilio Delgado as Luis

Will Lee as Mr. Hooper

Loretta Long as Susan

Sonia Manzano as Maria

Bob McGrath as Bob

Roscoe Orman as Gordon

And

JIM HENSON’S MUPPETS

Frank Oz as Bert, Cookie Monster, Grover, AMs

Jerry Nelson as Herry Monster, the Amazing Mumford, the Count, AMs

Matt Robinson as Roosevelt Franklin

Fran Brill as AMs

cjd874

Reaction score
43!

Season 10: Big Bird uses his senses/Biff and Sully look for things to fix/Oscar claims he’s seen Mr. Snuffleupagus

Sponsors: G, M, 11

Scene 1: Big Bird wakes up and uses his senses to find out what happens in the morning. He sees the sun in the sky and everything in his nest area. He smells the flowers in Susan’s flowerbox. He feels a cool morning breeze through his feathers. He hears Olivia singing in the shower. Finally, he goes to Hooper’s Store and tastes his breakfast: two slices of birdseed French toast and a birdseed milkshake.

Muppets: In the morning, Ernie sees some pigeons in the window and wonders if he should wake up Bert.

Cartoon: He and She learn how a faucet works

Cast/Insert: Gordon rides his bicycle in the city

Cartoon: G-Goose (art by Jeff Hale)

Film: A man learns about forwards and backwards by watching everything around him move in reverse!

Muppets: The Count sings “Eight Beautiful Notes”

Film: Lost dog flyers

Scene 2: Oscar plans to trick the adults by claiming he’s seen Mr. Snuffleupagus (without really believing himself that Snuffy exists, and knowing that the adults don’t believe in Snuffy’s existence). Oscar gets their attention: “Hey, everybody! I just saw something incredible! Amazing! You won’t believe it!” Mr. Hooper, Olivia, Bob, and Susan drop everything and come over, only to learn that Oscar has reportedly “seen” Snuffy. Shortly afterwards, Oscar actually sees Snuffy leaving Big Bird’s nest, and hollers for the adults. However, nobody comes, thinking that Oscar’s playing another trick again.

Cartoon: Spanish M words

Muppets/Cast: Maria reads the story of “The Boy Who Cried Monster.”

Cartoon: A man reads a sign that says “MILK”

Film: “What if you were magic, and could make things go forwards or backwards?”

Cartoon: M is for Moo

Muppets: Lefty the Salesman shows Ernie a painting of four elephants whose shapes are hidden in between several trees. After buying the painting, Ernie shows it to Bert to trick him, but Bert immediately spots the elephants.

Film: Ostriches (piano music)

Cartoon: A duck dresses itself, naming its body parts in the process

Film: Hands count to 11

Scene 3: Biff and Sully arrive looking for things that need fixing, without success. Mr. Hooper’s shelves don’t need to be fixed, nor do Susan’s windows need repairs. Big Bird doesn’t need their help, either…his toy truck is in perfect condition. But when Biff and Sully get back in their truck, the steering wheel comes off. Biff is quick to take credit: “See, Sully? I KNEW there’d be something here on Sesame Street that needed fixing! Aren’t you glad that you got a friend like me to see these kinds of things?”

Cartoon: The Typewriter – G is for Glue

Muppets: Kermit calls Grover the plumber to fix a leak, but Grover can’t tell the difference between his wrenches. Kermit shows him the big wrench, the bigger wrench, and the biggest wrench. Sadly, Grover’s attempt to fix the leak causes the house to flood.

Cartoon/Song: “It’s a Lovely Eleven Morning” (art by Bud Luckey)

Film: A dirty car gets cleaned at the car wash

Scene 4: Susan hangs her laundry out to dry, and just as she finishes, her telephone rings. While she answers the phone, Snuffy comes and blow-dries her clothing. When Susan comes back, she is baffled by how quickly her laundry has dried. (Snuffy has long since disappeared by this point.)

Muppets: Ernie over-prepares for his trip to Hooper’s Store

Film/Song: “Flying” (Joe Raposo)

Cast: David, Luis, and Linda count in different languages (English, Spanish, and ASL)

Cartoon: Marvelous Martha (a lesson on M)

Transition: Animation of children playing

Film: A group of disabled children play with a feather

Cartoon: Big, bigger, and biggest strongmen

Muppets: A female Anything Muppet shows that the number 11 looks the same when it is upside-down.

Cartoon: Pinball Number Count #11

Scene 5: Olivia shows the kids big, bigger, and biggest with toy cars. Oscar shows them big, bigger, and biggest with his stinky sneaker collection, driving Olivia and the kids away.

Cartoon: The Eleven Cheer (animation by Jim Henson)

Muppets: Kermit and Cookie Monster play with a weather chart

Film: A car dealer sells cars of different sizes to different sized people (a lesson in big, bigger, and biggest)

Cartoon: A man learns not to pick the flowers

Scene 6: Oscar sees Snuffy again, but decides not to tell the adults. Instead, he goes into his can to sort his stinky sneaker collection. As Snuffy leaves, the adults see a long furry brown tail trailing away. They look at one another in confusion as Big Bird announces the sponsors. SS sign still: the Count with two apples. CTW sign still: Bert and Ernie.

CAST:

Linda Bove as Linda

Emilio Delgado as Luis

Will Lee as Mr. Hooper

Loretta Long as Susan

Sonia Manzano as Maria

Bob McGrath as Bob

Roscoe Orman as Gordon

Alaina Reed as Olivia

and

JIM HENSON’S MUPPETS

Frank Oz as Bert, Grover, Cookie Monster, Lefty the Salesman, AMs

Jerry Nelson as Mr. Snuffleupagus, Biff, the Count, Herry Monster, AMs

Richard Hunt as Sully, AMs

Fran Brill as AMs

cjd874

Reaction score
44!

Season 7: Slimey’s diving trick/Big Bird takes photos of Snuffy/Oscar imagines himself with different jobs

Sponsors: B, R, 9

Scene 1: Oscar summons Luis to his trashcan to show his pet worm Slimey’s latest trick. Slimey will dive into Oscar’s can and land in the swimming pool. Luis isn’t interested, but Oscar says it will be a short trick, so Luis agrees to watch. Slimey jumps into the can, but descends for a long time, which Luis continually points out to Oscar. Luis decides to hang in there, and keep waiting…

Cartoon: The Typewriter – R is for Rope

Scene 2: Finally, Luis impatiently looks into the can just as Slimey hits the pool, getting a face full of water. Oscar is delighted, as always: “What a great stunt! Evel Knievel has got nothing on you, Slimey! Look…Luis loved it, too. Heh, heh, heh.” Luis, dripping wet, simply glares at Oscar.

Film: A man falls into a pool, showing wet and dry (music by Joe Raposo; kid voiceovers)

Muppets: Kermit and Grover give a lecture on short and long. Kermit sings and hops for a short time, while Grover does those actions for a long time. An exhausted Grover asks to switch with Kermit, but unfortunately for him, Grover tickles Kermit for a short time and Kermit tickles Grover for a long time!

Cartoon: Poor Solomon Grundy!

Cartoon/Song: Martian Beauty #9 (art by Bud Luckey)

Scene 3: Big Bird is testing his new camera when Mr. Snuffleupagus arrives. Big Bird takes a photograph of Snuffy and then decides to show it to the adults as proof of Snuffy’s existence. However, a strong wind blows the photo out of Big Bird’s hand. Big Bird yells at the wind for blowing his photo away as Gordon passes by, staring in confusion.

Muppets: Herbert Birdsfoot gives Cookie Monster a problem-solving test

Cartoon: R is for Rabbit (speech balloon)

Cast: Maria builds a block tower in fast-motion

Film: The Mad Painter #9

Cartoon: I am dry, he is wet…now I’m wet, too! (two guys give a dog a bath)

Muppets: Ernie and Bert have an appliance war and blow a fuse

Cartoon: R is for Radio (voiceover by Casey Kasem)

Scene 4: Big Bird walks to Hooper’s Store with a new picture of Snuffy. However, he gets distracted by joining a basketball game with the kids and leaves the picture lying on a crate directly in the sunlight.

Cartoon: I am dry, he is wet…now I’m wet too! (man goes shark fishing)

Cartoon: B is for Bosko, Bath, and Bubbles

Scene 5: Finally, Big Bird enters Hooper’s Store and shows the photograph to Maria, Luis, Gordon, and Mr. Hooper. However, the photo has faded from its overexposure to the sunlight. Once again, the adults say to the disappointed bird: “There’s no such thing as a Snuffleupagus!”

Muppets: These are the letters that make the word SUN!

Cartoon: B is for Butterfly (speech balloon)

Cartoon: Jazz Spies #9

Film/Song: Close-ups of an orange in a fruit bowl (with astronaut commentary)

Muppets: Waiter Grover serves hot dogs to the Count. But the Count counts them instead of eating them, and hypnotizes Grover to get more hot dogs.

Cartoon: A man teaches his dog to read the word “SIT”

Film: A gazelle runs (Joe Raposo background music)

Muppets/Cast: Bob sings “People in Your Neighborhood” with a garbage man and a barber

Cartoon: A girl imagines herself as a rescue vehicle

Scene 6: Oscar asks the kids to describe different jobs to him: carpenter, shopkeeper, and teacher. However, his ideas of each job differ from those of the kids. Oscar imagines himself as a carpenter like Luis, surrounded by sawdust, bent nails, and noisy tools. Then he pictures himself as a shopkeeper like Mr. Hooper, serving chocolate sundaes with pickles and sardines. Finally, Oscar imagines himself as a teacher like Gordon, showing students how to spell words like “GROUCH,” “TRASH,” and “SCRAM.”

Film: “Look a Bit Closer: House” (sung by Bob McGrath)

Muppets: Ernie stacks cups and saucers in order to count them. Bert is very nervous about this stunt, until Ernie reveals that he glued them all together.

Cartoon: A bully says the alphabet to a mild-mannered gardener, who hits him in the face with a pie at the end

Film: I’m a gardener (with acoustic guitar folk music)

Cartoon: I am dry, he is wet…now I’m wet, too! (girl and elephant)

Cartoon: B is for Bug (speech balloon)

Muppets: Harvey Kneeslapper’s B prank

Film: Car assembly

Scene 7: Oscar peeks out of his can as a strong wind blows a torn photograph onto his crate. He notices that it’s a photo of Big Bird (the other half with Snuffy has gone missing). Oscar muses: “What a crummy picture of old Feather Face. That’s a keeper, for sure!” He admires the photo as Mr. Hooper announces the sponsors. SS sign still: Luis and a group of kids. CTW sign still: Maria.

CAST:

Emilio Delgado as Luis

Will Lee as Mr. Hooper

Sonia Manzano as Maria

Bob McGrath as Bob

Roscoe Orman as Gordon

And

JIM HENSON’S MUPPETS

Frank Oz as Bert, Cookie Monster, Grover, Harvey Kneeslapper, AMs

Jerry Nelson as Mr. Snuffleupagus, Herbert Birdsfoot, the Count, Slimey, AMs

cjd874

Reaction score
45!

Season 10: Oscar’s perfumes/Mumford’s love spell

Sponsors: J, Q, 3

Scene 1: Oscar shows Bob and Susan his most recent addition to his trash collection: perfumes! The adults are baffled, until they read the names: “Ewww de Cologne” and “Essence de Garlique.” Oscar coerces them into smelling the perfumes, and the adults instantly regret doing so.

Cartoon: A man is bothered to find that an artist has drawn animal noses on his face

Muppets: Bert sneezes his nose off (literally), and Ernie has to put it back in the right place. However, Ernie teases Bert by putting it in different places.

Cartoon: The J Train

Celebrity: Carol Burnett shows what a nose can do

Film: Penguins take a bath (Joe Raposo background music)

Cast: Charlie Chaplin (Sonia Manzano) looks at his reflection (Linda Bove) in the mirror and discovers that it does different things! Throughout the silent sketch, Chaplin mouths, “ME.”

Cartoon: A man unwittingly demonstrates up and down

Muppets: Kermit asks Grover to show the difference between up and down by going up a tall staircase. Grover walks all the way up, and is stunned to find Kermit at the top. As it turns out, Kermit took the elevator. An exhausted Grover faints and rolls down the stairs.

Film: The Mad Painter #3

Cast: David and Big Bird try to find the right place to sleep. After David tries a nest and Big Bird tries a bed, they switch places and fall asleep contentedly.

Cartoon: Jughead’s J story

Scene 2: Bob and Susan ask two kids what love means to them.

Cartoon: Two arms hug the word “LOVE”

Muppet/Kid Moments: Cookie Monster and Jason read the word “LOVE”

Cartoon: J-Jam (speech balloon)

Cartoon: A witch continually transforms a girl who says, “I’m still ME!”

Muppets/Song: “J Friends” (sung by the Anything Muppets)

Cartoon: Pinball Number Count #3

Film: David narrates footage of some camels eating

Cartoon: Q-Quiet! (tree chopping)

Muppets: At night, Ernie waits for Bert to return home and experiences different emotions as he imagines what Bert is doing.

Cartoon: A man jumps onto a giant “UP”

Film: Various people and objects go “down” (with male voiceover)

Transition: Green bricks are laid on the screen

Scene 3: David and Maria are about to go to Hooper’s for a lunch date when they encounter the Amazing Mumford working on his latest trick: a love spell. However, when he says the magic words, his trick causes Maria to fall for Oscar and David to fall for Olivia! Oscar and Olivia plead with Mumford to reverse the spell.

Cartoon: Hypnotic rainbow Q

Muppets: Prairie Dawn’s seasons pageant (featuring Ernie, Bert, Cookie Monster, Herry Monster, and Grover)

Film/Song: Henson #3

Cartoon: Ants carry a huge letter Q up a hill

Scene 4: While Mumford reads his book, Maria shows up at Oscar’s can with a bouquet of wilted flowers, while David presents Olivia with a bouquet of roses. As Mumford keeps reading, the romantic antics continue: Maria gives Oscar a strawberry ice cream cone with spinach and Worcestershire sauce, while David gives Olivia a chocolate ice cream cone with sprinkles.

Cartoon: Q- Quarter (consonant poem)

Muppets: The Count asks the Countess to marry him. He counts her replies, all of which are “no.”

Film: A boy talks about feeding sheep in the winter

Cartoon: A group of children run behind a tree to hide from a giant rabbit (rock music background)

Muppets: Two Muppets (voiced by Marilyn Sokol and Emilio Delgado) sing “Me/Yo” in English and Spanish

Cartoon: Sand Q

Scene 5: Mumford gathers everyone and finally reverses the spell, but now Oscar and Olivia are smitten with each other. David and Maria shake their heads and go to Hooper’s Store (Maria: “Here we go again!”) while Mumford consults his book once again. Susan announces the sponsors. SS sign still: Grover. CTW sign still: the Count.

CAST:

Linda Bove as Linda

Loretta Long as Susan

Sonia Manzano as Maria

Bob McGrath as Bob

Alaina Reed as Olivia

And

JIM HENSON’S MUPPETS

Frank Oz as Bert, Cookie Monster, Grover, AMs

Jerry Nelson as the Amazing Mumford, the Count, Herry Monster, AMs

Fran Brill as Prairie Dawn, AMs

cjd874

Reaction score
46!

Season 9: Big Bird and Mr. Snuffleupagus exercise/Biff and Sully paint Hooper’s Store/Oscar shows some, more, most, and all

Sponsors: D, E, 6

Scene 1: Mr. Snuffleupagus and Big Bird go for a morning run. However, their running makes the ground shake, and wakes up several street residents (Bob, Olivia, Gordon, and Mr. Hooper).

Muppets: Herry Monster leads the viewers in some exercises, as Kermit follows along silently in the background.

Film: Six children go down a slide

Cartoon: D-Dog (speech balloon)

Scene 2: Big Bird tells Snuffy that they will now do some jumping jacks, which ends up causing more mini-earthquakes. By the time Olivia, Gordon, Bob, and Mr. Hooper arrive at Big Bird’s nest, Snuffy has gone back to his cave, leaving Big Bird alone to explain the situation.

Film: Kids pick green beans in a field

Muppets: Sesame Street News Flash – Kermit interviews Little Miss Muffett, who sits on a waterbed and prefers crunchy granola to curds and whey. At the end, the spider arrives and scares Kermit instead of Miss Muffett.

Cartoon: E is for Elephant and Elk

Muppets: Ernie and Bert share a banana

Scene 3: Susan and David demonstrate front and back by having some kids turn around.

Film: Antelopes nod “yes”

Muppets: Grover the elevator operator shows front and back

Cartoon/Song: “Daddy Dear”

Cartoon: What if an anteater had the features of a giraffe? (art by Cliff Roberts)

Scene 4: Inside Hooper’s Store, Maria and Luis are chatting with Mr. Hooper when Maria notices that the paint is peeling. Biff and Sully arrive and volunteer to repaint the walls. Mr. Hooper politely declines, but Biff starts painting anyway, dragging Sully with him. The adults step out to let Biff and Sully do their job. However, Biff accidentally knocks the paint can onto the floor. Now he and Sully have to repaint the floors as well!

Cartoon: Pinball Number Count #6

Celebrity: Richard Pryor recites the alphabet

Film: Some clowns…more clowns!

Scene 5: While painting, Sully keeps tapping Biff on the shoulder as they get closer to the wall, but Biff ignores him every time. Biff: “Hey Sully, don’t bother me right now. We’ve got a job to do, okay? Save it for later. Thanks a lot, you’re a pal.”

Film: A gorilla sits on a park bench with a lunchbox full of bananas. Noticing a woman seated beside him, he shares his bananas with her. She keeps answering "YES" every time the gorilla offers one until he runs out of bananas.

Cartoon: Sand E

Scene 6: When Biff and Sully have finished painting, Mr. Hooper, Luis, and Maria re-enter the store. The walls and floor look great, but to their astonishment, Biff has painted himself and Sully into the corner of the store! Biff: “I KNEW there was something that was bugging me! Why didn’t you tell me, Sully? Huh?” A resigned Sully starts knocking his head on the shelf next to them as the ending music plays.

Cartoon: A man carves a “YES” and puts it on display

Film: A demonstration of none, some, most, and all with an apple

Muppets: Lefty the Salesman sells Ernie an invisible ice cream cone. Ernie pays for it with an invisible nickel.

Cast: Luis plays Captain Under-Wonder, who stands under an umbrella, crawls under a table, and walks under a tire (by shrinking himself).

Cartoon/Film: Things that start with D

Film: 10 zebras

Cartoon: I’ve got some hair, I’ve got more, but I’ve got the MOST!

Scene 7: Oscar shows none, some, and more by dumping portions of his trash collection onto the street. Susan and David protest, but Oscar tells them off. “Hey, this is of the utmost educational value here! Now take a hike! I’m about to show ALL!” Susan and David give each other an “oh no” look.

Muppets: Several Anything Muppets shout, “E!”

Cartoon: E-Egg (speech balloon)

Muppets: Cookie Monster shows that “E” is for “Egg!” He swallows a whole egg, and then faints.

Cartoon: A magician tries to make six circles disappear

Scene 8: Oscar’s entire trash collection has made its way on to the sidewalk: everything from tin cans and banana peels to rickety chairs and even a rusty bicycle. Susan and David angrily confront Oscar about the mess, which Oscar uses for another demonstration. Oscar: “Some of the grownups are angry. [Maria, Gordon, and Mr. Hooper arrive, glaring at Oscar] Most of the grownups are angry. [Bob, Luis, and Olivia arrive, fuming] Now all of the grownups are angry…and that makes me HAPPY!” As the adults pick up Oscar’s trash and dump it back on top of him, Big Bird and Mr. Snuffleupagus announce the sponsors. SS sign still: Grover. CTW sign still: Kermit and a young child.

CAST:

Emilio Delgado as Luis

Will Lee as Mr. Hooper

Loretta Long as Susan

Sonia Manzano as Maria

Bob McGrath as Bob

Roscoe Orman as Gordon

Alaina Reed as Olivia

And

JIM HENSON’S MUPPETS

Jerry Nelson as Mr. Snuffleupagus, Biff, Herry Monster, AMs

Richard Hunt as Sully, AMs

cjd874

Reaction score
47!

Season 7: Sherlock Hemlock solves mysteries/Oscar tries to trick Herry Monster

Sponsors: H, U, 6

Scene 1: Sherlock Hemlock is ready to solve mysteries on Sesame Street. He observes as Susan steps off the bus and goes to her apartment, but she does not enter. Sherlock greets her and deduces that she is worried about something, as she’s looking her purse and pockets frantically. Then he notes that she has not entered her apartment. Sherlock: “Susan, I’ve come to the following conclusion: you are looking for the keys to your apartment and you’re worried that you’ve locked yourself out!” After Susan confirms this, Sherlock tells her that her keys fell out of the pocket as she stepped off the bus, and that he picked them up. As he gives them to her, Susan thanks him and then shakes her head.

Cartoon: A sergeant grape inspects the "troops": 12 raisins on a slice of bread

Muppet/Kid Moments: The Count and Ingrid count to 20 in Spanish

Cartoon: 1-20 number elimination (cameo by an animated Cookie Monster)

Film: George the Farmer’s ladder gets taller and shorter…and so does his board!

Cartoon: H is for Hello (voice by Gary Owens)

Muppets: Grover the elevator operator shows IN and OUT (featuring the Anything Muppets)

Cartoon: Typewriter Guy- H is for Hand

Scene 2: Bob is about to read a book, but he can’t find his reading glasses. Sherlock Hemlock arrives to help. First, he finds a pair of sunglasses, but that’s not what Bob is looking for. Then Sherlock sees two drinking glasses on a table where Susan and a little boy are sitting, but that’s not it either. Then David and Luis walk past them, carrying two panes of glass to the Fix-It Shop. Sherlock thinks that he’s found the missing glasses, but Bob disagrees. As Bob folds his arms in resignation, he finally realizes that his reading glasses have been inside his shirt pocket all along! Sherlock Hemlock quickly takes credit for “solving” the mystery.

Film: How metal is recycled

Muppets: Two Anything Muppets enter a haunted house. The boy is frightened by the creaking noises and howling wind, but the girl is not afraid of anything. However, when she sees a mouse, she flees and the boy pets the mouse.

Cartoon: U-Umbrella (speech balloon)

Muppets: Cookie Monster and Ernie demonstrate how a scale works. Cookie: “This a really good scale?” Ernie: “Yeah, it’s a really good scale!” [Cookie eats the scale] Cookie: “Scale not so good. I tasted better!”

Cartoon: A man goes to the grocery store to buy apples, but he can’t decide how many he wants.

Cast: Maria and David attempt to play ping-pong, but David keeps using the wrong things: a baseball bat, a hockey stick, and a tennis racket.

Cartoon: A boy needs a U to go UP

Muppets: Roosevelt Franklin Elementary School- Baby Breeze gives a lesson on traffic rules

Film: The importance of the traffic light

Celebrity: Bill Cosby shows three kids, but one kid keeps hiding behind him

Cartoon: A girl tries to lure her cat out from under a chair so she can hold him (art by John and Faith Hubley)

Scene 3: Big Bird is upset because he can’t find his extra roller skate. Sherlock Hemlock arrives to solve the case. First, Sherlock looks under Luis’s worktable outside the Fix-It Shop, but it’s not there. Next, he looks on the counter inside Hooper’s Store, without success. Then after looking around the fire hydrant, he looks in a barrel, to no avail. Sherlock gives up, but as he leaves, he slips and falls hard. Sherlock: “Egad! I’ve found your roller skate…it seems like it was right behind you, my dear Bird.” Big Bird: “Gee thanks, Mr. Hemlock! Boy, when you’re this tall, it’s easy to lose sight of some things.” [Sherlock faints]

Cartoon: The Queen of Six

Film: A group of kids play “follow the leader” by going in, on, under, and around various objects. One boy, who lags behind, ends up suffering some unfortunate consequences.

Cartoon: A man tries to sell a U for free

Muppets: Kermit gives a lecture on “tall” and “short” with Sam and Harry Snerf, but they keep changing their sizes.

Cartoon: Jasper and Julius find an apple (art by Cliff Roberts)

Muppets: Harvey Kneeslapper asks a man, “Can I take a picture of you?” The man obliges, but as he poses, Harvey asks, “Hey, what’s that thing down there?” When the man looks down, Harvey slaps a letter U on the man’s head and takes a picture of it.

Cartoon: I’m six years old today! (art by Jim Simon)

Film: The Mad Painter #6

Cartoon: A dog learns about the letter U

Muppets: At night, Ernie wonders how many sides a square, triangle, and circle have. The last question ends up stumping Bert, who is unable to fall asleep afterwards.

Scene 4: Oscar has a trick for Herry Monster: he has a barbell sitting on a crate outside his trashcan. But the barbell is nailed to the crate, which is filled with bricks, a 50-pound bag of cement, and an anvil, which no one---not even Herry---could lift. As Herry walks by, Oscar asks him to lift the barbell. Herry struggles to lift it, much to Oscar’s delight, but just as Oscar is about to reveal his prank, Herry lifts the barbell AND the entire crate off the ground. Herry thanks a stunned Oscar for giving him “the best workout I’ve ever had” and casually tosses the entire rig at Oscar, causing a huge crash.

Cartoon: After a kid sees a jumble of shapes, he tells his father about it. The father finds a way to turn the stuff into a cart and tells his son, who remembers to assemble it.

Film: A mother mandrill carries her young

Cartoon: A caterpillar escapes a hungry bird by transforming into a butterfly.

Scene 5: As Susan pulls a little girl sitting in a red wagon, Bob and Luis play basketball with two boys as Sherlock Hemlock announces the sponsors. SS sign still: Ernie and Bert. CTW sign still: David and two kids.

CAST:

Emilio Delgado as Luis

Loretta Long as Susan

Sonia Manzano as Maria

Bob McGrath as Bob

And

JIM HENSON’S MUPPETS

Frank Oz as Bert, Grover, Cookie Monster, Harvey Kneeslapper, AMs

Jerry Nelson as Sherlock Hemlock, Herry Monster, the Count, AMs

Matt Robinson as Roosevelt Franklin

cjd874

Reaction score
I'm back again. I've been working on this one on-and-off for a month. Here it is...number 48.

Season 10: Biff fails to read the street signs/The Count counts Oscar’s trash/A day of sign language

Sponsors: O, P, 9

Scene 1: Luis greets the viewer at the Fix-It Shop. Suddenly he notices Biff driving his truck the wrong way down the street. He stops Biff and tells him to read street signs such as “ONE WAY” and “STOP.” After turning around and parking his truck the right way, Biff sits on a bench for his lunch break. Unfortunately, he doesn’t see the “WET PAINT” sign posted on it.

Cartoon: A hammer and chisel cooperate to carve a triangle out of wood, which a pencil uses to draw some.

Muppets: Ernie wakes up and notices Bert isn’t in bed. He thinks that some Martians might have abducted Bert. As Ernie begins to panic, Bert returns from the kitchen, having just made breakfast. Ernie is glad that Bert wasn’t taken by aliens, but Bert scoffs at Ernie’s wild imagination and returns to the kitchen. Then the Martians actually arrive in the bedroom…

Cartoon: P is for Pillow

Film: A talking tree shows a boy the difference between here and there

Cartoon/Song: Willie Wimple pollutes the land

Muppets/Cast: While walking down the street, Bob finds a candy wrapper on the ground. It turns out that Oscar, in a nearby trashcan, ate a liver-and-onion candy bar and left the wrapper on the ground. Bob tells Oscar not to litter and that he should pick up after himself. Oscar snorts, “Why should I pick it up? YOU already did! Heh heh heh!”

Cartoon: Pat the Pilot

Muppets/Song: A group of greasers sing “One Way” (lead vocals by Chris Cerf)

Scene 2: Luis plays “Three of These Things” with the kids. He shows them a hammer, a wrench, a screwdriver and a wristwatch, and asks them which one does not belong. One kid correctly guesses that the watch doesn’t belong.

Cartoon: A baby bird falls from a tree. A boy puts him back, and in return, the mother bird saves the boy from embarrassment.

Muppets/Song: Lefty the Salesman sings, “Would You Like to Buy an O?” to Ernie

Cartoon: The Old Woman Who Lived in a Nine (art by Bud Luckey)

Film: Kids use a magnet to retrieve a jack

Cartoon: Sign language alphabet

Scene 3: Big Bird and Herry Monster are eating lunch at Hooper’s Store when Bob and Linda enter. Linda orders her food in sign language while Bob translates to Mr. Hooper. Bob explains to Herry and Big Bird that Linda is deaf and uses sign language to speak. Big Bird and Herry want to learn sign language, so Bob and Linda offer to teach them after lunch.

Film: A shadow puppet elephant

Cartoon: Speech Balloon – P is for Pack

Muppets: Grover gives a lecture about the “ONE WAY” sign

Film/Song: “Everybody Run” (sung by Joe Raposo)

Cast: Maria plays Charlie Chaplin, and tries to outwit a sneaky wastebasket

Cartoon: Sign Man – STOP

Scene 4: Linda and Bob teach Big Bird, Herry, and the kids some words in sign language: hello, goodbye, boy, girl, bird, and monster.

Cartoon: “I Love You” in sign language

Muppets/Song: The Count sings “Count Up to Nine”

Film: Baby turtles swim around

Cartoon: Uncle Gus and all of us got on the bus!

Muppets: Don Music writes, “Old MacDonald Had a Farm” with help from Kermit the Frog and several barnyard animals

Cartoon: Pinball Count #9

Celebrity: Richard Pryor shares strawberries with a young child

Muppet/Kid Moments: Ernie, Bert, and Shola talk about emotions

Cartoon: Rolling O (art by John and Faith Hubley)

Scene 5: The Count walks along Sesame Street, counting everything in sight. Oscar is bothered by this and snaps at the Count to leave, who replies, “But Oscar, I am the Count! I love to count things! That is what I do! That is my only joy in life! …Counting is the listed occupation on my résume.” Oscar tries to drive the Count away by having him count several pieces of trash: one rusty radio, two cartons of sour milk, three tin cans, and four stinky sneakers. However, the Count is overjoyed and begs Oscar to give him more junk to count.

Cartoon: O is for Orange (art by Bruce Cayard)

Film: Count to 10 with Limbo (produced by Jim Henson)

Film: Chinese New Year’s celebration

Muppets: Cookie Monster spells the word “FOOD” with large Styrofoam letters. Then he puts on a bib and eats the letters!

Cartoon: 30 Dots (the third dot keeps turning red)

Scene 6: Bob, Linda, and Luis discover the Count surrounded by a large trash pile. They find out that Oscar has been digging up pieces of trash for the Count to count all afternoon. Oscar whines, “I just wanted to take a nap and have some peace and quiet for once. But NOOO! Ol’ Fang Face here asked to count all my trash instead!” The Count realizes his mistake, apologizes, and lets Oscar sleep. However, once Oscar starts snoring, the Count counts each snore! The adults shake their heads, laugh, and walk away as Mr. Hooper announces the sponsors. SS sign still: Kermit the Frog. CTW sign still: Bob and Linda.

CAST:

Linda Bove as Linda

Emilio Delgado as Luis

Will Lee as Mr. Hooper

Sonia Manzano as Maria

Bob McGrath as Bob

JIM HENSON’S MUPPETS

Jerry Nelson as the Count, Herry Monster, Biff, AMs

Richard Hunt as Don Music, AMs

Jim Henson as Ernie, Kermit the Frog, AMs