When you need to rant...

D'Snowth

Reaction score
To be honest, I can't understand what he's saying half the time -- he talks too fast, lol. :embarrassed:

He mentions ZippCast... uh, the last time I checked, the guy who launched ZippCast deleted the site altogether and then went into hiding (supposedly because Google spies were threatening him); I put Steve D'Monster's series into reruns on ZC a couple of years ago, but again, it was just shut down, so I went on to UploadSociety, but then they kept getting hacked, so I left.

EDIT: He also mentions his videos aren't being index in search results... uh, that's happening to everybody, and has been for years, because YT did away with tags.

Harleena

Reaction score
Well, Mr. Enter's channel was finally re-instated. The reason it was suspended was because Viacom cried foul on a SpongeBob video that was at least a year old, which Enter disputed, but they did nothing about this dispute for a month. Here's the full story (language warning).

Oh, I've seen some of his videos. I don't mind them, but my friend hates him. Although she left a mean comment on one of his videos, and then his channel got taken down, so she was freaking out like it was somehow her fault. I mainly just watch him because it's kinda funny to watch him rant about stuff.

Slackbot

Reaction score
Oh, for crying out loud. There's a measles outbreak in Arizona that can be traced back to Disneyland. Before the anti-vaccine thing took hold this would not have happened. Nearly all of the population would be immune, and the few that weren't--those who had become vulnerable again and children too young to be immunized--would be unlikely to come into contact with it because it wouldn't be spreading around. But now these diseases are coming back, thanks to anti-vaxxers who endanger those they come in contact with by serving as willing vectors for disease.

I'm all for personal liberties. People have the right to be as stupid as they like as long as they're only harming themselves. But when they spread disease around like this, I have zero sympathy or tolerance. Let them lecture about their rights to the parents of a sick baby.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I'm all for personal liberties. People have the right to be as stupid as they like as long as they're only harming themselves. But when they spread disease around like this, I have zero sympathy or tolerance. Let them lecture about their rights to the parents of a sick baby.
I'm very disappointed in the anti-vaccination crowd. To me, they're just as bad as the tin foil hat wearing morons who horde guns because of a totally imaginary far left wing government take over, all while ignoring how little power they actually had when they had it. And while those morons have their Carnival Barker/Snake Oil salesmen like Glen Beck and Alex Jones, the anti-vac brigade has their own all around terrible person as well, glorified stripper Jenny McCarthy. I hate to say this, but frankly, they're actually dumber taking her advice than the tin foil hats with their guys. At least they're trying to sell Gold based scams and survivalist nonsense. McCarthy is still humping the "vaccinations cause Autism" myth. And it doesn't even benefit some ulterior motive. It's just complete stupidity from someone who spent her career being a bimbo.

Even if that was true, you know what message that sends? Autism is so bad that getting a disease and dying is better.

WOT?!

You'd rather watch your child die slowly than have autism? That not only makes you a bad parent, that makes you a monster. Plain and simple. And you're getting your advice from a Bimbo Playboy model. The fact that the prospect of Autism is so incredibly horrible that an otherwise preventable outbreak of a deadly disease is preferable is tantamount to Hate Group logic. 'Cept it totally isn't true, which makes it a billion times worse.

Even if that can't get though their skulls, you don't go to a friggin' huge, people packed theme park when you're that freaking sick. Heck, even if you have just a cold, there's a good chance half of everyone that went that day gets sick, passes it onto park employees, and that infects more people. Seriously. How can we go from "OOOOHHH!!! EBOLA! Thepresidentisn'tdoingallhecanandthisisgoingtobethestartoftheApocalypseanditsallhisfaultandwe'reallgoingtogetit! WAAAAAAAA!!!!" to "Oh, my kid just has the black plague because pseudo-science from F-list bad celebrities no one likes. No big deal" in a matter of months?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Let me just say this about that...

Last year, my mom's best friend's elderly mother got her annual flu vaccine, and guess what? She had a severe reaction to it that landed her in I.C.U. for an extended period of time. Ever since then, her mother has never been in the same health, and has been in and our of the hospital all this time. The doctors who administered her vaccination said they were using a new vaccine that year, but they refuse to take responsibilty for the reaction she had... and it happened within minutes after she was vaccinated.

That aside, vaccines are essentially injecting yourself with the illness you're trying to avoid; I've never had a flu shot in my life, and in all of nearly 26 years, I've only ever had the flu twice. The way I see it, I'd just as soon take my chances and avoid getting sick, as opposed to getting sick either way.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Yeah, but as bad as the Flu is, and it can be fatal under the right conditions, it's not measles. The Flu is something we'll never get rid of (on the contrary, as it keeps evolving), but measles really should have been dealt a death blow in a first world country by now. And yes, there can be bad reactions from vaccinations as there can be for any medicine. Getting Autism isn't one of them. THAT is the goal of the anti-vaccine crusade. Somehow it also sounds hateful. Death and spreading deadly diseases to others is favorable to behavioral anomalies in a child. That's a dangerous kind of conspiracy theory.

AlittleMayhem

Reaction score
You know what I find interesting about the whole anti-vaccine thing? The guy who claimed there was a link between autism and vaccines was found to have next to no evidence to support this claim, admitted that he just made it all up and got his licence removed and was promptly fired.

Yet the damage has already been done and a ton of people still would rather have a dead child than an autistic one!

Having said that, however, it is possible to be allergic to injections, which is really the only sensible reason not to get vaccines (how do you know you are allergic is something I don't know how to find out). Saying that it's "injecting yourself with the illness you're trying to avoid" is an incredibly stupid and ignorant thing to say!

D'Snowth

Reaction score
My bad to the other in this discussion, I missed the detail about measles and such.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Gotta love that whole "The pharmaceuticals only do it for money" crap. Isn't that why business does anything? Restaurants don't serve you food out of the goodness of their hearts. Money is exchanged for goods and services. Yeah, our medical system is still completely screwed up, but we still need it.