Super Bowl XLIX: The Commercials

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
While we have another thread for the game, this one is for discussing the commercials.

Let us know which commercials you liked and those you didn't care for. After the commercials air, feel free to embed video links here as well.

There have been years where we've been surprised by Muppet references in some of the commercials. We'll have to see if there are any more surprises this year.

:boo: :sleep:

If you saw the Super Bowl, please like this post and share your thoughts on the commercials below.

mr3urious

Reaction score
I enjoyed the Esurance commercial with Walter White. Makes me kinda miss Breaking Bad, but also get me hyped for Better Call Saul. That Super Bowl Rally commercial was also fun, if only for the clips for The Lego Movie and MLP they used. :smile:

I also give massive props for Go Daddy for not showing anything fanservice-y, even including the one with the puppy that was ultimately (and reasonably) rejected for being real mean-spirited.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
This may be the greatest Super Bowl commercial since Nannerpus of 2009:

Drtooth

Reaction score
Well, we all know what Tarrentino's favorite Super Bowl Spot was...

But seriously. Danny Trejo is great in everything. Rokkarokkarokkarokka!

Twisted Tails

Reaction score
Worst. Commercial. Ever.

Not only that, Kim is paying T-Mobile to delete negative comments from this video, while T-Mobile keeps gushing about how much they love her.
I hate it with passion... seriously. This commercial has zero attention. It is all about Kim Kar or Miss Kim K. in your face. Nobody likes her! My god! Worst Celebrity. Ever.

WalterLinz

Reaction score
It was so much fun seeing the commercials this year.:smile:

Hm, now where to start...of course I loved seeing this year's Budweiser commercial with the little puppy...sigh...makes my heart melt.

That cyberbullying Coke ad was super cute, those never fail to amaze me.

Since I love The Brady Bunch, I was so entertained by seeing Danny Trejo as Marcia, and the teaser for that commercial is so funny too:

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
I know everyone says this every year, but this was flat-out the worst Super Bowl Commercial year, ever. The only ones that were actually any good were the Esurance ones (especially the Walter White) and the Liam Neeson would be fine, if it wasn't a joke that's so constantly dug into the ground.

Drtooth

Reaction score
What do you expect? They're always the same commercials. All with celebrities either Adam Westing or playing it straight and looking unintentionally foolish. Not to mention the last several years that always use tired internet memes that died within a week of their appearance.

I haven't heard anyone talking about any of them, except for the Danny Trejo/Steve Buschemi on the Brady Bunch one. Frankly, I've never laughed at that show until now. And of course the Walter White one.

Jeez. I've been meaning to watch Breaking Bad on Netflix, but everytime I've been on their lately I just gravitated to Puss in Boots the series.