Classic Sesame Clips on YouTube

mr3urious

Reaction score
That skit is so wrong on so many levels. It's one of those Sesame Street bits that make you go "THIS IS ON A KID'S SHOW?!?!" I don't know what's more disturbing. The lack of music, the lack of anything besides those horrible noises, or the fact that the woman is oddly okay with her face shifting like that. Oh, or her collapsed head.
It's also on par with the giant mutant bunny and "the scary-looking thing" in terms of educational content.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Funny thing is, if a narrator were added saying names of facial parts while they contort, it actually would have been of some educational value. This seems to be scary on a weirder level than giant rabbit. It has a nightmarish, surreal feel to it that words elude me to describe.

Almost reminds me of the poorly animated "So much fun it should be illegal. Like Copyright infringement" joke on Family Guy. Only not funny in the end, and on purpose.

Luke kun

Reaction score
Funny thing is, if a narrator were added saying names of facial parts while they contort, it actually would have been of some educational value. This seems to be scary on a weirder level than giant rabbit. It has a nightmarish, surreal feel to it that words elude me to describe.

Almost reminds me of the poorly animated "So much fun it should be illegal. Like Copyright infringement" joke on Family Guy. Only not funny in the end, and on purpose.
It teaches kids about noses.

Luke kun

Reaction score
Can you find "Cookie Monster Can't Sleep" part 2 for me? I call it "Cookie Freak Out!"

cjd874

Reaction score
Can you find "Cookie Monster Can't Sleep" part 2 for me? I call it "Cookie Freak Out!"
Here you go! It starts at 2:06…many people have vivid and terrifying memories of this sketch (with regards to the singing cookies).

Luke kun

Reaction score
Here you go! It starts at 2:06…many people have vivid and terrifying memories of this sketch (with regards to the singing cookies).
That song is hilarious! It sounds like something Amy, Sally, and Mina would sing. They did "Barney's on Fire", so why not this?

I also like when Ernie shows Cookie a plate of cookies at the end -- "Cookies."

Who did the voice of the singing cookies? Jim? Frank? Fran even? (Their voices sound feminine, so maybe Fran)

Luke kun

Reaction score
How about this other one? A MC user described it as:
"The other time I remember Cookie Monster had a nightmare was after eating a whole box a birthday cookies his grandmother made for his birthday party. As he felt depressed that there are not any cookies left for his birthday party, He took a nap and dreams. It turned out to be a nightmare on meeting "The giant talking Monster Cookie." Thru the nightmare, The Monster Cookie tells Cookie Monster a sad tale on how he was turned into a cookie. He used to be a blue furry monster too. But eating so many cookies caused him to become a cookie and never had any healthier food. As Cookie Monster woke up from his nightmare, He wailed "What a dream! Oh, Very sad!" And then he declars that he will never eat cookies again (Because he also does not want to turn into a cookie, too). So he eats carrots, fish, and whole-wheat bread. And then he eats a cookie and remarked 'Well, Maybe sometime a cookie.'"

I also remember that skit and want to see it again!

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
How about this other one? A MC user described it as:
"The other time I remember Cookie Monster had a nightmare was after eating a whole box a birthday cookies his grandmother made for his birthday party. As he felt depressed that there are not any cookies left for his birthday party, He took a nap and dreams. It turned out to be a nightmare on meeting "The giant talking Monster Cookie." Thru the nightmare, The Monster Cookie tells Cookie Monster a sad tale on how he was turned into a cookie. He used to be a blue furry monster too. But eating so many cookies caused him to become a cookie and never had any healthier food. As Cookie Monster woke up from his nightmare, He wailed "What a dream! Oh, Very sad!" And then he declars that he will never eat cookies again (Because he also does not want to turn into a cookie, too). So he eats carrots, fish, and whole-wheat bread. And then he eats a cookie and remarked 'Well, Maybe sometime a cookie.'"

I also remember that skit and want to see it again!

cjd874

Reaction score
That song is hilarious! It sounds like something Amy, Sally, and Mina would sing. They did "Barney's on Fire", so why not this?

I also like when Ernie shows Cookie a plate of cookies at the end -- "Cookies."

Who did the voice of the singing cookies? Jim? Frank? Fran even? (Their voices sound feminine, so maybe Fran)
Not sure who did the voices…maybe some of the novice puppeteers of the time (Marty Robinson, Brian Meehl, Kevin Clash, David Rudman, etc) did the voices and then the tracks were sped up, but that's just a guess. It could have been Fran, Jerry, Frank, Jim, and Richard for all we know.

My favorite part is the ending when Cookie Monster flips out at the sight of the cookies and then runs out the door in terror. It's so uncharacteristic of him, but so hilarious at the same time. Especially when he comes back and eats the cookies like the monster we all know and love.