Puppets, Inc.

Keith

Reaction score
Hi Folks,

Just wondering if anyone here has had any experience with Puppets, Inc. I'm an amateur ventriloquist who has spent a good deal of money over the years on some custom work, only to be disappointed. As I'm not a pro (I use my vent as a school teacher), I am now simply looking for a reasonably priced, well built puppet. Puppets, Inc. seems to fit the bill, but I'd appreciate some feedback if anyone has any. I'm particularly interested in their C-Bop line. Of course, I'd get mine with legs.

Thanks in advance for your assistance.

crazy chris

Reaction score

Keith

Reaction score
Thanks, CC! Your reply is very helpful.

crazy chris

Reaction score
No problem at all Keith... wish i had more info.

cc

Schfifty

Reaction score
I actually have four puppets from them: two C-Bop puppets (namely "Yaki" and "Didip"), one Innova ("Albert"), and a puppetume. The C-Bops are pretty cute and go 14" in height, so I would recommend them if you're performing for young kids. Mine don't have legs, unfortunately, so I don't have experience with legs on C-Bops.

However, my Innova Albert puppet has legs, and they're pretty decent in my opinion. They have a velcro strap at the top, so they're removable. The only flaw I think is that they look very basic. The feet look like obtuse angles, and if the puppet is wearing shoes, they'll sometimes slip off (unless the puppet's wearing socks). The legs are also about 22 inches tall, so with legs, an Innova puppet would be about 40-42 inches tall total.

Hope this helps!

Keith

Reaction score
That helps a lot, Schfifty! I appreciate your feedback. Thank you!

I guess I don't really mind that the legs are basic. I am most interested in knowing that the overall puppet is well-constructed and will last.

I am leaning towards ordering the C-Bop Hoodie. I really like the look of that puppet. I'd get him with legs and a back hand entrance as opposed to a bottom hand entrance. I think that would be more comfortable for a vent.

Thanks again!

Keith

Reaction score
Just placed my order with Puppets, Inc. for Hoodee with legs and back hand entrance. Looking forward to receiving him. Dave at Puppets, Inc. was particularly helpful in answering all the questions I had.

Thanks again CC and Schfifty for helping me to make my decision.

Schfifty

Reaction score
My pleasure, Keith. Hope you enjoy the puppet!