Diamond Select Toys to Produce new Muppet figures and mini mates!

minor muppetz

Reaction score
It's interesting that Animal isn't included in the first assortment. Makes me wonder if they plan to get the rest of the Electric Mayhem and include Animal then.

Tough Pigs says that the figures will come in two-packs. I wonder who will be paired with who. Bunsen and Beaker would be obvious, as would Gonzo and Camilla, and I can see Kermit coming with either Miss Piggy, Fozzie, or Robin.

rowlfy662

Reaction score
It's interesting that Animal isn't included in the first assortment. Makes me wonder if they plan to get the rest of the Electric Mayhem and include Animal then.

Tough Pigs says that the figures will come in two-packs. I wonder who will be paired with who. Bunsen and Beaker would be obvious, as would Gonzo and Camilla, and I can see Kermit coming with either Miss Piggy, Fozzie, or Robin.
Definently should of read Toughpigs they definently have the most information the mini mates sound interesting especially their decision to put Robin and Scooter in the first wave which I like. But I'm very excited about the muppet select line which could be the same height and probably detail as the old palisades toys with the first two pack being Kermit and Fozzie with accessories no less shame they weren't allowed to take photos I would love to see the sculpts. Hope they make a Sal. A boy can dream :smile:

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I want to start a Muppet Wiki page for this, but I'm not sure how to source it. The only source I've seen is from Tough Pigs' Facebook and forum posts. Tough Pigs has not yet posted an article about them (I think it was said that Tough Pigs will hold off on Muppet Toy Fair coverage until next week).

I think it was said on the Tough Pigs forum that they were told that the Mini Mates is currently only planning the ones announced (though I think they're considering more) but that there are plans for more "Muppet Selects".

And here's my wishlist/speculation for more series:

Speculation for who will be paired with who in series 1: Kermit and Robin, Miss Piggy and Scooter, Fozzie and The Swedish Chef, Gonzo and Camilla, Bunsen and Beaker.

Series 2 wishlist: Dr. Teeth and Animal, Floyd and Janice, Zoot and Lips, Rowlf and Baskerville, Statler and Waldorf.

Series 3 wishlist: First Mate Piggy and Link Hogthrob, Dr. Strangepork and Mahna Mahna, Snowths 2-pack (there could be a Mahna Mahna and Snowth 2-pack, but then we'd either be missing a Snowth or have to have two Mahna Mahnas in order to have two Snowths), Penguin 2-pack, Walter and Uncle Deadly.

Muppet Selects Speculation: Miss Piggy and Gonzo, Animal and Rowlf, Bunsen and Beaker.

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
This is the best news. I'm excited to see what these figures will look like.

muppetperson

Reaction score
I wish they will be the angular figures, that we thought might have been for Disney Infinity.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Something tells me these will be minimates. Which are fine, I'm not the hugest fan of them, but it's something and I'm excited for them.

Otherwise, all I can see are very expensive statues or something. Maybe a small series of A-list Kermit, Piggy, and Animal type things that cost twice as much as the Palisades ones did. Which, not bad, but it's just not going to be the same deal as those ones were.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Something tells me these will be minimates. Which are fine, I'm not the hugest fan of them, but it's something and I'm excited for them.
It had already been announced that the small figures would be Minimates, while bigger action figures would also come out as two-packs, one two-pack at a time.

Toughpigs mentioned that the bigger figures will be loaded with accessories. I wonder what accessories they'll be. There's not much obvious for Kermit (besides a banjo and swamp stuff, maybe his tea cup), while most of Fozzie's accessories will probably be accessories that the Palisades toy came with.

jvcarroll

Reaction score

Otherwise, all I can see are very expensive statues or something. Maybe a small series of A-list Kermit, Piggy, and Animal type things that cost twice as much as the Palisades ones did. Which, not bad, but it's just not going to be the same deal as those ones were.
As Minor Muppets stated, they are doing BOTH MiniMates and Diamond Select regular figures with articulation etc. starting with Kermit and Fozzie. I like that they're getting a widely-known name brand this time. These will be quality sculpts, but this probably also means size differences, a little less detail and less articulation.