Songs You Can't Stand

Drtooth

Reaction score
I'm probably not alone since even SNL mentioned this, but if there's one song that gets me into a rage of insanity, something so incessantly torturous it has to be...

1 877 Kars 4 kids Kay Ay Are Ess Kars for Kids...

Okay. You're a charity. You're doing good stuff as far as we know. But must you make a jingle to promote yourself so freaking annoying it makes "It's a small world aaaafter aaaahhhhllll" sound like Bohemian Rhapsody? (Best song I can think of) Radio jingles are by nature horrible. I've heard ones so bad they come around and are the funniest things unintentionally, like one for sheds that I can't describe. There are ones that are a freaking brown note. I swear... there was one for a meat market that was a bad drum riff with guys with voices like they swallowed sandpaper washed down with sulfuric acid naming meats that rhyme in a dull monotone. But Kars4Kids is the worst! Just absolutely horrible. And that's not all.

They try to dress it up with the whitest hip-hop beat fresh off a 1980's Casio keyboard. And it makes it even worse! Think of the worst food you can think of with an even worse food you just discovered on top. That's the best example I can think of.

AND IT'S ALWAYS ON THE RADIO WHENEVER SOMEONE'S LISTENING TO THE RADIO!

Drtooth

Reaction score
OH... and also, the Narm of one song particularly gets to me.

I forget what it's called, but it has the lyric of "You're gonna catch a cold from the ice inside your soul." Everytime I hear that, my mind directly goes to Babs Bunny going "Heavy! Like my soul" from that episode of Tiny Toons where they make their own cartoon, and it comes out goofy instead of serious.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
OH... and also, the Narm of one song particularly gets to me.

I forget what it's called, but it has the lyric of "You're gonna catch a cold from the ice inside your soul." Everytime I hear that, my mind directly goes to Babs Bunny going "Heavy! Like my soul" from that episode of Tiny Toons where they make their own cartoon, and it comes out goofy instead of serious.
That song is call "Jar of hearts" by Christina Perri

Drtooth

Reaction score
I hate how out of context that one was used. In the movie, it was played in the background of Gru's party for his adoptive daughters. Crowning moment of heartwarming stuff right there. But then the media got a hold of it, and they ruined it. If Despicable Me 2 wasn't extremely popular, I'm sure everyone would forget it was from a kid's film.

Gonzo14

Reaction score
This isn't me, but my wife absolutely hates the song "Up All Night to Get Lucky" whenever we're in the car, and the song comes on, I just kinda chuckle to myself and count the seconds until she switches the station.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Actually, the song that's really gotten to me lately is that thing about how It's a quarter after one and someone's a little drunk...

THAT'S supposed to sound romantic?! That sounds like it's a line that belongs in a Jerry Springer episode. Jeez, has the whole genre been corrupted or something? They need to come up with the term "Rural Pop" or something, because darned if these belong anywhere near the likes of Willie Nelson and Dolly Parton.

Twisted Tails

Reaction score
Actually, the song that's really gotten to me lately is that thing about how It's a quarter after one and someone's a little drunk...

THAT'S supposed to sound romantic?! That sounds like it's a line that belongs in a Jerry Springer episode. Jeez, has the whole genre been corrupted or something? They need to come up with the term "Rural Pop" or something, because darned if these belong anywhere near the likes of Willie Nelson and Dolly Parton.
The song is Lady Antebellum's "Need You Now."

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
The most painful thing is songs you loved when they were new, that got ran into the ground through overexposure, used in a few commercials/tv themes/movie soundtracks. Here are a few classic tracks that you can file under Death By Oversaturation:

1. Journey- Streetlight People (you know better as "Don't Stop Believing")
2. The Who- Won't get Fooled Again (the single's original b-side, "I Don't Even Know Myself", best song never heard by the masses).
3. Led Zeppelin- Stairway to Heaven (not their masterpiece. That belongs to "When the Levee Breaks"
4. Jethro Tull- Aqualung
5. Lynyrd Skynyrd- Free Bird (if I hear those three chords again I'm gonna puke!)

Maybe pull these back out in another twenty years and they might sound fresh again. MAYBE.

Drtooth

Reaction score
The most painful thing is songs you loved when they were new, that got ran into the ground through overexposure, used in a few commercials/tv themes/movie soundtracks. Here are a few classic tracks that you can file under Death By Oversaturation:

1. Journey- Streetlight People (you know better as "Don't Stop Believing")
I blame freaking Glee for that one. Even though Family Guy did it first, and better. Seriously. Glee ruins songs. Even when people actually watched the thing, it ruined songs. Now it's got that sad little Friday Night Death slot season... pathetic. That's what happens when the show's popular too fast.