Eric Jacobson performs Oscar on Sprout's Sunny Side Up Show

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I'll be honest, as distinct as Oscar's voice is, I didn't think it would be possible for anybody to really be able to really pull it off (I admit IMHO, while Matt Vogel does a good job as Big Bird, I find his voice to lean a little more towards that transitional period when he went from sounding like a country yokel to the way he sounds now), but after listening to this, I'm convinced that if Oscar has to be passed on to someone after Caroll, it must be Eric.

Drtooth

Reaction score
It's all about character first, vocal impression second. But I agree that Eric seems only natural if the unfortunate should happen, or the less unfortunateness of just not being available. It needs a little polish, but overall, he seems like a natural for a recast.

mr3urious

Reaction score
Eric's pretty good as Oscar so far. I do detect a little bit of Grover in his voice, though.

MelissaY1

Reaction score
I gotta hear this when I get home (at work). I think Matt Vogel has done a phenomenal job with taking over Grover, and like Dr. Tooth said, it's all about the character first, and when I first heard Eric's Grover I was like wow, this guy NAILED it as far as getting down the movements, the delivery of the lines, etc. just like Frank created for the character.

GrouchFanatic

Reaction score
On Oscar's appearance on the Sunny Side Up a few days ago, Eric played Oscar sometimes lip-syncing to Caroll. Here's the portion where he did the voice all himself. You might wanna turn the volume all the way up and skip to 1:26. I think he sounds pretty darn good.
I am SO impressed!!!! Eric Jacobson has done a REALLY GREAT job!!!! I seriously hope that he takes over the role of Oscar the Grouch after Caroll Spinney is gone!!