Miles From Tomorrowland

mr3urious

Reaction score
And no, I'm not talking about the futuristic section of Disneyland or the upcoming Tomorrowland movie; rather, it's another shockingly enjoyable preschool series from Disney. It's a lot like Star Trek for kids, with a little bit of Tron thrown in with some of the aesthetics.

The show has some pretty creative sci-fi concepts in there, such as twin planets that exchange water via gravitational force every day (which on those planets' time is 6 hours). It's also got some good voice actors like Tom Kenny, Diedrich Bader, and even Mark Hamill (hey, if you've got a show set IN SPAAAAACE, you might as well hire him).

Drtooth

Reaction score
Didn't catch it, but somehow I get the sneaky suspicion this is going to do much better than the movie will. Not that the movie doesn't look good, and I have faith in brad Bird, but it's nothing I'm really hyped up to see. Considering this summer's also got Age of Ultron, Inside Out, and Jurassic World, my excitement is pretty much used up on those alone. And maybe Antman.

Nice to know they're preschool programming has come quite a ways from Mickey Mouse as Dora. There's no turning back now. Almost makes me wish I blew off the Oscars to see the marathon of this they had on Disney. I swear I heard Wayne Night as the villain in one promo.

mr3urious

Reaction score
Thanks to this show, I now know that "spaghettification" (the stretching effect of an object caught in a black hole) is a real astronomical term rather than a childish bit of Buffy-speak. Shows how much I know about astronomy. :big_grin: