Playhouse Muppet Videos

Stulz

Reaction score
As far as I can remember (and it's been a while) the overall story thread is that Kermit and Fozzie have gone to the theater to paint scenery. Fozzie goes up to the attic, finds his old props and scrapbook, starts reminiscing and forgets to help Kermit.

sesamemuppetfan

Reaction score
I just saw a picture of the back cover of Fozzie's Muppet Scrapbook, and noticed in the back cover summary, it asks "Will Kermit get Fozzie to paint the scenery?" So is that a big plot point/running gag in that video? Is Fozzie supposed to be painting scenery but instead spends his time looking through his scrapbook? And does he end up painting the scenery?
I guess in order to find the answers to those questions, we'll have to keep searching our local thrift stores, video stores, etc. and find this video (as well as the other 9)...Or pay KermiClown $10 for a personal DVD copy.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I guess in order to find the answers to those questions, we'll have to keep searching our local thrift stores, video stores, etc. and find this video (as well as the other 9)...Or pay KermiClown $10 for a personal DVD copy.
Or hope that somebody here that has a copy can answer (and I did get an answer to somebody who had seen it), or that somebody with the tape will put it on YouTube or DailyMotion.

Or hope that Disney will rerelease them (but if they won;t release seasons 4 and 5 of TMS, many of the specials, or even Muppet productions that don't require any legal clearances, then we might still have a long wait).

Stulz

Reaction score
I have a copy that I copied to DVD. If it still works, I'll let you know.
I do believe the scenery does get painted but it happens off screen after the video.

sesamemuppetfan

Reaction score
Thread bump once again.

@minor muppetz as we discussed last year, it's quite possible that later printings of the videos had longer promos. I just found a closing to "Children's Songs and Stories" that got uploaded to YouTube on New Years Eve, and sure enough 10 videos are highlighted here...

minor muppetz

Reaction score
It's so great that the 10-videos promo is finally on YouTube.

I may have said this before, but it's strange how in the longest version, a few of the clips that appear before and after all the video sections are replaced with other clips, and yet all of the replacement clips are from The Muppet Revue. If they're going to replace clips from those parts at all, why not include clips from some of the videos that came after the first four releases? And it's really not very many clips that get replaced, either.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I wonder how many people actually have all 10 videos, considering that only a few are online, and it's usually one uploader per video (there was one user who uploaded both Children's Songs and Stories and Country Music with the Muppets). I know I've seen some people say they have or had all ten, and I suspect some people here and on Tough Pigs have all of them.

sesamemuppetfan

Reaction score
Thread bump.

Someone is selling their copy of Muppet Weird Stuff and The Kermit and Piggy Story on eBay. Obviously, I doubt that no one will want to pay $39.95 + an additional $5.22 shipping for them, but at least we get to see the little fun facts that are shown in the inside front covers.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Thread bump.

Someone is selling their copy of Muppet Weird Stuff and The Kermit and Piggy Story on eBay. Obviously, I doubt that no one will want to pay $39.95 + an additional $5.22 shipping for them, but at least we get to see the little fun facts that are shown in the inside front covers.
I remembered that the fact inside Muppet Weird Stuff was about Camilla, but all these years I thought it was about both Gonzo and Camilla.

sesamemuppetfan

Reaction score
I remembered that the fact inside Muppet Weird Stuff was about Camilla, but all these years I thought it was about both Gonzo and Camilla.
I'm mighty surprised that it's a fact about Camilla- I was expecting it to be about Gonzo, but whatever.

Until I got an eBay account 2 years ago and saw several of the Playhouse Videos being sold on there, I wasn't even aware of those facts on the inside front cover. As I've mentioned on here before, when I was in 1st grade, I borrowed Muppet Weird Stuff, The Muppet Revue, and The Kermit and Piggy Story (separately) from Tower Video (anybody remember that place?). Because the front and back covers were slipped into a clam shell video case (like Blockbusters, Hollywood Video, Tower Video, and any other video renting store would do), I obviously didn't know about the little facts that were included in them. Surprise, surprise!