Little Muppet Monsters Revelation...

tygerbug

Reaction score
The credits for "Muppets, Babies and Monsters" are somewhat different from episode 1 to episode 3 (so is the title sequence). I do not have end credits for episode 2.

Mo Frackle

Reaction score
But one thing to keep in mind is that the unaired episodes (that we've seen) don't have end credits. So if it was him or a performer who didn't perform in other episodes (or all the episodes), I wonder if he would have been credited for that. It seems like most of the credits for Muppet Babies and Muppets, Babies, and Monsters were the same from episode-to-episode per season (the only exception I know of being the credits for the various clips used on Muppet Babies).
I doubt the credits for those unaired episodes would have been much different (if at all) from what appears in episode 3. Saturday morning shows of the day would typically have one set of credits for everyone that worked on an entire season. For instance, you'll noticed Jerry Nelson receives credit for LMM episodes that he didn't actually work on. I suppose it was easier than creating several sets of credits tailored to specific episodes.

With that in mind, it's rather strange that Mike Quinn didn't get any credit for his work on the show.

Either way, wasn't Muehl pretty much done with the Muppets by this point? I know he returned for a few minor projects.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Either way, wasn't Muehl pretty much done with the Muppets by this point? I know he returned for a few minor projects.
Yes. And yet for some reason, although he'd been done with performing, he continued later on to have major roles on Eureeka's Castle and Dog City, while also performing in the occasional production (in fact he returned to the role of Barkley for Big Bird in Japan, even though the character had been recast... I assumed that special was just recorded a few years before broadcast, but I e-mailed him once and learned that Jon Stone had asked him to perform the role again for that special). It's a shame Meehl hasn't been interviewed for The Muppet Mindset, Tough Pigs, The MuppetCast, or any of the big Muppet sites (and since he has a website and e-mail, it would be easy to contact him).

But to make it clear, I never said that I thought it was Meehl. It was a YouTube commenter who said that.

Rugratskid

Reaction score
Does Disney or The Jim Henson company own the Little Muppet Monsters puppet segments? I know Disney owns Muppet Babies, but I wasn't sure about LMM.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Does Disney or The Jim Henson company own the Little Muppet Monsters puppet segments? I know Disney owns Muppet Babies, but I wasn't sure about LMM.
Disney owns the rights to Little Muppet Monsters.

Mo Frackle

Reaction score
Okay, a few guesses on which intro scenes came from what unaired episode -

Tug conducting a band of farm animals might be "Penguin for a Day." Perhaps the episode involved Nicky and his band being unavailable.

Tug talking to a penguin doctor while eating a candy bar could be "Monster Measels."

The first scene in in the intro showing Tug coming down the basement stairs may also be from "Monster Measels." Tug seems to be carrying the same candy bar from the doctor scene.

I wouldn't be surprised if the hat Boo wears during the "On TV" number in ep. 1 was also used in "Boo Monster Ace Reporter."

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I keep thinking it's weird how in the Rowdy Roddy Piper Rock and Roll Wrestling All-Star preview special that they refer to Muppets, Babies and Monsters as a new show. So the hour-long block and one half was new, but Muppet Babies had been on the air for the previous year. Maybe it was easier to just call it a new show, as opposed to saying Muppet Babies was expanded to Muppets, Babies, and Monsters with an all-new show called Little Muppet Monsters.

I wonder what would have happened if Muppets, Babies, and Monsters stayed that way, or if CBS constantly expanded Muppet Babies. Like if Marvel didn't have problems with getting the animation done on time and Little Muppet Monsters was a hit, if CBS would have expanded it to more half-hours with more Henson shows. Like what was done with Scooby's All-Star Laugh-A-Lympics, where the show was basically a number of half-hour blocks (including the usual Scooby Doo format as well as a half-hour Laugh-a-Lympics show) while additional half-hour segments would join it. Though I've read that Muppet Babies was expanded to 90 minutes one year due to the instant cancellation of the Garbage Pail Kids series. Of course I watched Muppet Babies during its original CBS run but only remember seeing one episode per Saturday (when it was multiple episodes, did they only show the opening and closing once, making it appear to be one episode to kids too young to really follow the plot and not notice a plot change?).