Your Thoughts: Funko Pop Muppets Series 1 Vinyl Figures

What is your favorite Muppet Series 1 vinyl figure?

• Animal

Votes: 3 6.4%
  • Dr. Teeth

Votes: 11 23.4%
  • Fozzie

Votes: 2 4.3%
  • Gonzo

Votes: 1 2.1%
  • Kermit

Votes: 6 12.8%
  • Mahna Mahna

Votes: 10 21.3%
  • Miss Piggy

Votes: 2 4.3%
  • Snowth

Votes: 4 8.5%
  • San Diego Comic Con Metallic Mahna Mahna and Snowths

Votes: 8 17.0%

• Total voters

Mark Johns

Reaction score
I thought there was supposed to be Funko Wacky Wobblers of the Muppets.

snichols1973

Reaction score
Strange, but Dr. Teeth's package makes him look like he has a mischievous grin, as compared to the figure.....

JJandJanice

Reaction score
I didn't want to start collecting these, as I already collect too many things, like DVDs/Blu Rays, Comic books, action figures and movie posters. But after getting some Muppet ones for Christmas last year (which were Dr. Teeth, Fozzie and Gonzo) and seeing as their keep putting out more and more of my favorite characters, it looks like I will be collecting these. A friend of mine is even picking me up the Joker from the Batman franchise.

SpookyMania

Reaction score
I only have the Kermit one (look at him, he's adorable!), but I'd love to get Mahna Mahna and a Snowth. All the other ones kind of creep me out, with those empty, black eyes. Gonzo just looks possessed.

Mr Sweetums

Reaction score
Now that we know we'll soon be getting Sesame Street and The Dark Crystal Funko Pop's I've eagerly been hoping for them to announce a new wave of Muppet Funko's but I'm starting to think their Muppet line might be dead.

In 2013 they released 8 figures, 2014 they released 2, probably testing the market seeing if they should release more characters or not. On the official Funko website under their licenses section they don't list the Muppets anywhere, I thought they might fall under the Disney License but they're not there either.

http://funko.com/pages/licensors

although when you type Muppets in the search bar it does list Sam the Eagle.

Does anyone know if there's a possibility of adding more Muppet funkos to our collections in the future or do you think this line is dead?

:cry:

Drtooth

Reaction score
There's no "dead." It's just product turn around. These things have a very short shelf life no matter what the series or license. Some lines barely last a year no matter how well they do. I'd say the proper term is "retired" and I'm sure the license is just up. I'm sure at some point they may just get the license again and release some others, but these things last a couple months on shelves (unless they're really hard hitting licenses that stores keep reordering), before more lines and licenses take their place.

Best to try and track the Muppet ones down if you don't have any yet and see if you can get them for not a fortune.

Mr Sweetums

Reaction score
Thanks for the clarification Dr Tooth :big_grin:

I actually already have a full set of these and I'm glad I did because Dr Teeth, Fozzie Bear, Mahna-Mahna and especially the Snowths have become quite expensive. I imagine most fans bought two Snowths and not one making them the hardest ones to find now.

At least we got ten Muppets whilst surprisingly enough The Simpsons only have four characters so far.

Drtooth

Reaction score
...and the one that couldn't get them before can't now.

Gotta love those internet scalpers. Things haven't been around more than a few years.