Now what's going on with YouTube?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
There's a 2160p now? How is that even possible? My computer can't even handle it!

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Headdesk comes after facepalm, so what comes after headdesk? 'Cause YT just shat on me again.

This time, they just up and randomly decided they needed to block the complete collection compilation vid of Steve D'Monster's YT (which took me months to compile, and I remastered the old video tape episodes) in the U.S. I mean, yeah, the use of copyrighted music resulted in third party claims, but all this time, Germany was the only country in which it was blocked, and now all of the sudden, they decide to block it in the U.S. too, which makes no sense - the claims haven't changed, and there haven't been any new claims made, so what the **** gives?!
They did it again! YT ******' did it again! They blocked the entire 3 hour compilation video in the U.S. again!

I don't understand this! Who's the idiot who keeps trying to censor the Rickroll? It's a meme fer cryin' out loud! Rick Astley (y'know, the guy who actually did the song back in the 80s) is even behind it himself! It's in hundreds, maybe even thousands of YTPs and other silly and nonsensical vids! WHAT IS THE DEAL?!

D'Snowth

Reaction score
It appears YT has made this annoying autoplay feature permanent now.

mr3urious

Reaction score
It appears YT has made this annoying autoplay feature permanent now.
That autoplay feature is really annoying for me, because I usually just want to watch one video in the playlist. Luckily I disabled it with a Firefox add-on called YouTube Enhancer Plus.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I don't mean how you can't turn off autoplay in playlists (even though that is annoying as well), I mean whenever you watch any video, the first in the list of recommended suggestions next to the video player automatically starts playing after your current video finishes.

mr3urious

Reaction score
I don't mean how you can't turn off autoplay in playlists (even though that is annoying as well), I mean whenever you watch any video, the first in the list of recommended suggestions next to the video player automatically starts playing after your current video finishes.
It disables that, too.

Schfifty

Reaction score
Is it me or did the fonts in the "suggested videos" list get changed recently?

Schfifty

Reaction score
Now the Autoplay feature for playlists isn't working.

Normally, when you choose "Play All" on a playlist, it'll autoplay every video, right? Well, it's not doing that. You just have to click on the next video in the list or click on the arrows to see the next video instead. :concern:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Anybody remember what Drtooth was saying a while back about videos sometimes freezing for no reason, then resuming in 144p? That actually happened to me tonight and when it did, I was taken to this message:

https://www.google.com/get/videoqualityreport/?v=8zWiWZu0Jls
The irony is I wasn't even watching an "HD" video, it was just a 360p vid, and that's as high as it was.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I'm just simply showing that's what came up - the real laugh is this message on the page:

"Users on YouTube HD Verified networks should expect smooth playback most of the time when watching high-definition YouTube videos (720p and above)."

Because, as I said, I wasn't even watching a 720 or higher vid, it was just a standard 360 vid.

But, heck, I can't even remember the last time I had consistently smooth playback on YT. . . . probably back when I first got my current computer in 2012, but according to Sarge, YT has changed their video player since then, which apparently has something to do with it. I get smooth playback sometimes, but other times, it's certainly not choppy like it was on my old computer, but the playback at times looks like the video is playing at a lower framerate.