Diamond Select Toys to Produce new Muppet figures and mini mates!

minor muppetz

Reaction score
  • This line is going to be 7 inch scale, BUT that does not mean the muppets will be 7 inches tall...scale means that the Muppets will be appropriately in scale with human figures that are 7 inches tall. That means the Muppets will be about a inch or so smaller than Palisades offerings.

So I guess if they want to make a Sweetums, they can make him in scale without worrying about packaging.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
So I guess if they want to make a Sweetums, they can make him in scale without worrying about packaging.
Isn't Dog Lion bigger with his horns? So he would be the one to worry about would he not?

j3h

Reaction score
Sure, sweetums, thog, doglion and such would be bigger than 7 inches, but might not require being a "deluxe" figure (in my opinion)

dwayne1115

Reaction score
I would love to see them do a full body Muppet Monster set. Now that would be cool!

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Isn't Dog Lion bigger with his horns? So he would be the one to worry about would he not?
I'll be surprised if they release any of the other full body monsters in the 7 inch line. Heck, I'd even be surprised if they put out a Sweetums this year or next. I'd expect Miss Piggy, Gonzo, Animal, Scooter, Rowlf, Bunsen, Beaker, Statler, Waldorf, The Swedish Chef, and maybe Rizzo, Pepe, Walter, and others from The Electric Mayhem first (wow, what a world this is when I genuinely feel Scooter and Rowlf would be more likely than Rizzo and Pepe, which I wouldn't have thought during the Palisades era if not for the fact that the line started out as Muppet Show-only). But maybe we'll be surprised. Maybe we'll get characters in an order we wouldn't expect (for the Palisades line, we got the "big guns" in the order I expected, not counting putting Animal before Rowlf and Scooter since he was a playset figure, but when it comes to the order we got The Electric Mayhem in, I expected Janice to come before Zoot).

j3h

Reaction score
Since the first two pack is not due till the very end of this year or early next, it's a very safe bet we would not see large characters any time soon.
I'm also guessing we won't see what the first figures look like till SDCC or even as late as NYCC if the line's launch is looking to be 2016.

On a side note, which may be telling about what to expect with DST's thought process, they are releasing a line of Ghostbusters in the 7 inch scale. There will be 12 figures total, released 3 at a time. Collect all 12 to build a rooftop diorama (from the end of the first movie). The first three will be Ray, Winston, and Dana (the last figure is not 100% decided yet).

So what does that tell me about the Muppet line? They probably have the first 12 sets in mind already and they might be releasing more than one at a time.

los

Reaction score
What if they follow the "build a figure" gimmick used by other toy lines. 5 figures per series, each figure with a different body part for a full body Muppet saving the head for a really obscure Mupet ensuring he/she/it gets sold.
Series 1:
Kermit with Thog lower waist and legs
Dr Teeth with upper torso
Scooter with left arm
Lew Zealand with right arm
Mildred Huxtetter with head

minor muppetz

Reaction score
What if they follow the "build a figure" gimmick used by other toy lines. 5 figures per series, each figure with a different body part for a full body Muppet saving the head for a really obscure Mupet ensuring he/she/it gets sold.
Series 1:
Kermit with Thog lower waist and legs
Dr Teeth with upper torso
Scooter with left arm
Lew Zealand with right arm
Mildred Huxtetter with head
What other toy lines do this?

I think somebody once suggested something like this to Ken at Palisades as a way to get Sweetums released, and he didn't like that idea. Of course that doesn't mean that the Diamond people won't think differently.

I just realized that while it's said that they want the figures to be in scale with their 7-inch figures, that doesn't mean that the packaging (or the plastic part that holds the figures) will be that tall.

Just a day or two ago I added a page for Diamond Select Toys to Muppet Wiki. Now I'm trying to determine if any of the info posted on that one message board should be added or not.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
What other toy lines do this?

I think somebody once suggested something like this to Ken at Palisades as a way to get Sweetums released, and he didn't like that idea. Of course that doesn't mean that the Diamond people won't think differently.

I just realized that while it's said that they want the figures to be in scale with their 7-inch figures, that doesn't mean that the packaging (or the plastic part that holds the figures) will be that tall.

Just a day or two ago I added a page for Diamond Select Toys to Muppet Wiki. Now I'm trying to determine if any of the info posted on that one message board should be added or not.
I think any factual info should be added, but any rumor, or questionable info should not.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I think any factual info should be added, but any rumor, or questionable info should not.
I don't think there's any rumors about this toy line yet.

The only info I thought could be included but was unsure are the ones about intended size and the fact that they don't want the line to be a continuation/compatible to the Palisades line.