Should Walter be a main character in place of Rowlf and Scooter?

should Walter be a major muppet

• yes

Votes: 1 4.2%
  • no

Votes: 23 95.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

BlakeConor14

Reaction score
The pigs from mt were bad but scooter is now like kermits assistant for backstage

Dominicboo1

Reaction score
Walter shouldn't "replace" anyone but should be a major Muppet

Muppet Master

Reaction score
Honestly, unless we ever have a new show, besides Kermit, Miss Piggy, and Fozzie Bear none of the characters will do much. Even Gonzo has done nothing in the last two movies, and when was the last time characters like Rizzo, and Pepe have done much.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Honestly, unless we ever have a new show, besides Kermit, Miss Piggy, and Fozzie Bear none of the characters will do much. Even Gonzo has done nothing in the last two movies, and when was the last time characters like Rizzo, and Pepe have done much.
I agree! I also have to add that Rizzo, and Pepe's parts in both new movies where small, they where both very very funny!

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Until now I thought the thread title was just "Should Walter be a main character" (I guess it comes from clicking on the thread from the main forum page, where the title is cut off), as opposed to asking if he should be a main character in place of Rowlf and Scooter.

In that case, no. He should still be included, but should not replace them.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Wow someone voted yes! I wonder who it was and why they think that.

BlakeConor14

Reaction score
Peter linz is trying really hard to make walter good but rowlf for me in mmw gets more laughs

Iscah

Reaction score
I figured that Walter has picked up the go-fer position, and Scooter has finally been promoted to... assistant stage manager, I think? (Assuming stage manager is Kermit's official position.)

I do think that the next movie (if it is a movie and not a TV series, where everyone can have a turn in the spotlight) should find a plot that doesn't need Walter as a featured character. In fact they probably should have done that for the second movie (at the planning stage), but with MMW as it was, Walter was basically necessary to play that part in the story. The only other choice would have been Scooter - and he did play that part in the similar plot from the comics, so perhaps using him again would be a bit too repetitive.

(My personal theory is that - in the Muppet Show's version of reality - they made MMW as a dramatisation of the 'real' events in the comic book. So Scooter was too busy behind the scenes to play himself in the film, and got Walter to act his part.)

Drtooth

Reaction score
Hey. So, when did this thread all the sudden become about replacing Rowlf and Scooter? Didn't we already have characters that effectively did that that have now been double replaced by Rowlf and Scooter?