Henson Rarities on Youtube

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I enjoyed seeing Muppet Madness. So glad you had that. It's a little more enjoyable than You're the Director. Actually, both those InteractiVision releases are a lot more enjoyable than the Play-Along Videos.

I also enjoyed some of the Jim Henson Hour promos. All of the episodes used to be on YouTube (they seem to enter and then leave YouTube quite a bit for various reasons, though I think it's usually because of other things uploaded by the users), and many of them featured promos for the next episodes which were shown before Jim Henson's closing. But that promo for the Smokey Robinson episode is clearly from a different time (I actually can't remember if I saw the promo that was shown in the shows time slot before).

tygerbug

Reaction score
Well, hopefully we'll stay up on Youtube. They're very tough about copyright.
These are all the Henson Hour promos we've got -- most of them are actually reconstructions, as the source material was lower quality than that.

We were hoping to do interactive releases of Muppet Madness and You're the Director, but it's been hard to get good captures. We do have all the tapes for the system.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
We do have all the tapes for the system.
Oh, so you must have the Sesame Street release Let's Play School then, right? That's the only one (not counting Disney Cartoon Arcade, for obvious reasons) to not have a page on Muppet Wiki.

tygerbug

Reaction score
Yep, we've got them all. Capturing them with gameplay intact in any kind of quality is a little tricky, as the console itself tends to mess up the video signal. We're still intending to have another shot at it. The Muppet Madness capture also has echoey audio right now.

AlittleMayhem

Reaction score
I absolutely adore your channel! It's so great seeing all these rare gems being restored to better quality and finding out about others I never even heard of! I especially love how you restored the colours on The Muppets go to DisneyWorld special! Keep up the great work!