Disney classic movies

BeakerJanice

Reaction score
Anyone of you also like ,,Alice in wonderland"Bc she is my fave non-princess girl :wink:

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
You know I just realized I forgot two of my most favorite Disney sidekicks--Grumpy and Bashful. When I was going to kiddie drama school, I played Grumpy, pretty much the best part in the show, lol. And Bashful has some of the sweetest moments in the film. I saw a behind the scenes interview with Walt Disney once where he was describing their different personalities: "And this little fellow is Bashful. He's secretly in love with Snow White." Lol :embarrassed:

Drtooth

Reaction score
I quite like that version of Alice in Wonderland, even though it's the one that famously mixed the two books up that lazy parodies borrow from instead of the actual book. While it's a shame the book took a backseat to Disney's version, all staples of parody and reference came from the movie for a reason.

The Alice stories were written by a mathematician who was annoyed by new math concepts. Nothing deeper than that. They're good books, sure, but too many who have read it interpreted it wrong and added psychedelic stuff where it was never the intent. Even when a certain digital plumber borrowed mushrooms that make you grow from Alice, they pinned it on 'shrooms instead of reference. Then the goths ruined it the last couple of decades (both the McGee and Tim Burton ones). The Disney version had a peppier, friendlier, much more fun adaption. Ed Wynn's Mad Hatter is completely iconic and part of the reason Ed Wynn impersonations are overused in the cartoon world.

I also really love Jungle Book. They threw the book away and did their won thing which usually either works very well or turns out to be a travesty. Balloo was never meant to be the fun one. And the character wouldn't have been half as memorable if he wasn't, to say the least of having Phil Harris giving him that iconic voice. And of course Louie. He comes in, totally hijacks the movie. Not stealing the show, just completely dropping the film to a complete standstill just to give the best number in the entire film. And those are some great songs. Not to mention the same characters inspired the even better Talespin. Too bad the sequel sucked and Louis Prima's widow was a humorless biddy. NO ONE owns a voice.

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
Fave movie? Hercules
Fave princess? Ariel
Fave prince? Aladdin
Cutest couple? Mickey and Minnie Mouse
Fave song? Part Of Your World
Last favorite movie? The Hunchback of Notre Dame
Fave sequel? Brother Bear 2
Fave sidekick? Goofy
Fave villain? Hades

MuppetSpot

Reaction score
I only have one Disney animated classic in my DVD library, which is "Nightmare Before Christmas".