I Ain't Doing It!

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Which is why DST needs to be obliterated altogether - all it does is confuse people and throw them off twice a year.

"They" say one of the reasons we need DST is to ease the stress of farmers, but you know what? The farming industry doesn't operate 9 to 5 like the corporate world does. Farmers don't use clocks, they use the sun, and no matter what time the clock says, farmers are still going to start working when the sun comes up and stop working when the sun goes down. I mean you could change the time settings to where the sun would rise at 2:00 in the morning and set at 4:00 in the afternoon, but it wouldn't matter to farmers, because that's still when they'd be working anyway.

Again, DST was invented during a time when electricity was just starting to become a reality, and extended DST is an outdated policy from the administration of one of the worst presidents in the history of America.

We've no need for this nonsense.

Schfifty

Reaction score
wait Obama is extending DST?
I think D'Snowth was referring to George W. Bush, as the policy was effective starting in 2007, while Bush was still president.

Being a Midwestern citizen in the United States, I don't have a problem with DST. All that matters to me is that the Sun is out longer, and we get to spend more time outside while it's light out.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I think D'Snowth was referring to George W. Bush, as the policy was effective starting in 2007, while Bush was still president.
Yeah. Prior to George Whaaat? Bush extending DST in 2007, time change was in April and October, not March and November. Not only that, but Bush moved springing forward an entire month ahead in the spring, but moved falling back only a week in the fall.
Being a Midwestern citizen in the United States, I don't have a problem with DST. All that matters to me is that the Sun is out longer, and we get to spend more time outside while it's light out.
See, I'm the opposite. I'm a night owl, I like when it gets dark early, otherwise, it feels like there's too many hours in the day. Not to mention when I was a kid and had to go to bed early because of school, it was kind of difficult trying to sleep at 8:30 and 9:00 at night when it's still daylight out. :stick_out_tongue:

tutter_fan

Reaction score
I happen to be a night owl myself, but since I don't have a job, I'm usually up until at least 2 AM and wake up at 10 AM most days (and it depends on if I I have any appointments, and stuff like that)

Schfifty

Reaction score
I'm quite a night owl as well. I usually go to bed roughly between 12:30—1:30 in the morning and usually wake up around 9:30. Sadly, I have to wake up an hour earlier on Wednesdays, though, due to mandatory staff meetings.

Hopefully DST will get me out of bed sooner. :wink:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I'm not a morning person in the least, so if I have appointments that I have to make, I usually schedule them for the afternoon -- except for doctor appointments, I find the earlier you go in, the chances are better you won't be in for a long wait, because it seems like as the day goes on and the doctors get backed up, the longer you have to wait.

Thursdays, however, I have to make deliveries early in the day, but it's not too bad.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Hey, this puts DST into a humorous, yet accurate perspective: