Muppets Most Wanted: What went wrong?

Dominicboo1

Reaction score
Except for the fact that America's Most Wanted talks about wanted criminals recounts what they did and tells people to call in if they saw him. I'm surprised people didn't see KERMIT and instantly think he was the other guy even without the mole. I mean how many people can see a mole from far away.
This plot has been done much better on shows like Green Acres and even The Monkees.
I do like Green Acres ... but regrettably haven't seen that one. Unless it's the stolen car one.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
This plot has been done much better on shows like Green Acres and even The Monkees.
You know, in GMC, they explained that they were satirizing a Caper movie. MMW opens with them explaining that they're doing a sequel. They should have satirized sequel cliches. Not paid limp tribute to a sitcom plot.

Ladywarrior

Reaction score
Another problem is during all that time none of them start to even get a little suspicious over kermit's odd behavior. I am not referring to Walter I am referring to the older muppets who knew him longer. Wouldn't they even start to suspect it a little bit? Wouldn't they think to themselves.. "why is kermit acting so selfish and snobby? how come he's letting us do what we want even though he would never do that?" I mean come on!
and yes satirizing sequels would have been a more entertaining move. I mean they could have poked fun at sequel tropes.

Dominicboo1

Reaction score
You know, in GMC, they explained that they were satirizing a Caper movie. MMW opens with them explaining that they're doing a sequel. They should have satirized sequel cliches. Not paid limp tribute to a sitcom plot.
Another problem is during all that time none of them start to even get a little suspicious over kermit's odd behavior. I am not referring to Walter I am referring to the older muppets who knew him longer. Wouldn't they even start to suspect it a little bit? Wouldn't they think to themselves.. "why is kermit acting so selfish and snobby? how come he's letting us do what we want even though he would never do that?" I mean come on!
and yes satirizing sequels would have been a more entertaining move. I mean they could have poked fun at sequel tropes.[/QUOT
But then we would have had good jokes but just the same story.....genderflipped or have Kermit's son learn the same lesson

Ladywarrior

Reaction score
They could have done a much better job than they did. a LOT of people think disney is butchering the muppets. My opinion is they can do better. lol they could hire me to do some writing but I'd probably make dr. teeth and the electric mayhem have big roles. :big_grin:

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Wouldn't they even start to suspect it a little bit? Wouldn't they think to themselves.. "why is kermit acting so selfish and snobby? how come he's letting us do what we want even though he would never do that?"
And the excuse is always, "Well that's the joke." But a joke needs to come from the established personalities of the characters. It was completely out of character for Piggy to flee in fear when Constantine yells at her. This is Miss Piggy we're talking about--she makes Kermit run screaming from the room, lol.

In GMC, when Nicky Holiday made Piggy uncomfortable, she tried to reason with him to stop, she tried to keep some control over the situation. Plus, it made sense she's be intimidated because he's a much larger guy. It made zero sense for her to be remotely intimidated by a Kermit-sized Constantine, lol.

But I'm going to go out of a limb here and say, in the age of Twilight, Girl Power is no longer cool.

Last edited:

Ladywarrior

Reaction score
it would have been more in character for Piggy to get mad at him give him the signature karate chop!

Dominicboo1

Reaction score
And the excuse is always, "Well that's the joke." But a joke needs to come from the established personalities of the characters. It was completely out of character for Piggy to flee in fear when Constantine yells at her. This is Miss Piggy we're talking about--she makes Kermit run screaming from the room, lol.

In GMC, when Nicky Holiday made Piggy uncomfortable, she tried to reason with him to stop, she tried to keep some control over the situation. Plus, it made sense she's be intimidated because he's a much larger guy. It made zero sense for her to be remotely intimidated by a Kermit-sized Constantine, lol.

But I'm going to go out of a limb here and say, in the age of Twilight, Girl Power is no longer cool.
Hmm maybe she was legitimately hurt instead of angry. Kermit would never be THAT mean to her so she was shocked and too hurt to attack him maybe?

minor muppetz

Reaction score
and just for the record "Rainbow Connection" is NOT a cheesy song and when Constantine mocked it I wanted to drop kick him through the wall.
Who said that it was a cheesy song? Just because Constantine thought one of words was "cheese"?

Which reminds me, a long time ago, I worked as an usher at a movie theater. There was one film that had a rendition of the song playing during the end credits (I can't remember what movie it was off-hand, but I did add the info to The Rainbow Connection page at Muppet Wiki after hearing it in the credits), and some of the other ushers were criticising the song. I don't think they knew where it originated, but I kept trying to tell them, and they didn't seem to listen.

Ladywarrior

Reaction score
Who said that it was a cheesy song? Just because Constantine thought one of words was "cheese"?

Which reminds me, a long time ago, I worked as an usher at a movie theater. There was one film that had a rendition of the song playing during the end credits (I can't remember what movie it was off-hand, but I did add the info to The Rainbow Connection page at Muppet Wiki after hearing it in the credits), and some of the other ushers were criticising the song. I don't think they knew where it originated, but I kept trying to tell them, and they didn't seem to listen.
That's sad. That song is really pretty and I don't get why some people think it's so bad. I've heard far worse. *cough* blurred lines *cough*